Chapter Fifteen

A Piece of Life

 

It seem as though the scandal with Amber is once again brought up to the surface. It is not only spreading world widely on the Internet but even on local newspaper and magazines. Supposedly scandals between some idols are not really such big news but because it involves in two girls, the smallest was made into such a big deal. But I should be happy that there isn’t any solid evidences saying ‘we’re gay’.

         I look out the window ready for school dressed in my school uniform; there are a few reporters outside and a few black vans parked on the street. I got a message from Junho telling me not to say anything when reporters approach me. I sighed, closing the curtains and grab my school leaving the room.

         “Honey there’s so much reporters outside.” Mum said and places a plate of breakfast on the table. There were never this many reporters outside of my house before.

         “The reporters are saying you and Amber are dating.” Mum asks.

         “Mum you know it’s not true.” I lied while chewing on my piece of toast.

         Mum just gave me an I-know look and continues on busily in the kitchen. I shrug my shoulders and went back enjoying my breakfast.

         Stepping out of the door, I was immediately surrounded by reporters.

         “Krystal is it true you are dating another girl name Amber who is a SME dance instructor?”

         “Krystal does this mean you are gay?”

         Questions keep throwing at me but like what Junho told me I kept my mouth shut ignoring their stupid questions. I push my way through and quickly ran off to the direction of school. I am glad that I’m good at sport because if I weren’t athletic enough I would have been caught. But school was worse, students and reporters all at once gathered in the front gate waiting. Some are just there waiting for a show and some who aren’t even in the same school. But luckily the school has securities and so that I safely enter the school without letting those reporters bother me.

         I had to put on a cold face, a face that clearly tells everyone not to bother me otherwise I’ll kill them with my cold glares. And it worked; the ones that I don’t even know didn’t bother me at all. But of course there are still some who wants to asks but afraid to seeing my pissed off face so they just stand nearby watching.

         I secretly texted Amber when I had a small break in between classes asking if the reporters also bothering her. 

 

 

   I feel like a star now with people staring at me where ever I am.

 

 

I couldn’t help but to chuckled as I imagine her flipping her hair and saying it in an arrogant manner.  I shouldn’t be laughing at a time like this but to instead be serious about the situation I am in. I then receive another message and thought it was again from Amber but instead it’s from Junho.

 

   Meet me at the company’s conference room after school. This is urgent.I read the message and I smell danger already. It must be about Amber. I slide the phone back in my pocket when I see the teacher walking in. I push all my thoughts away and try to concentrate on class.

 

Classes finish and I unwillingly arrive to the company. I hesitate to walk in afraid of what Junho will say. Taking a deep breath in I forcefully drag my legs in.

         I waited in the empty conference room for Junho and after five minutes or so Junho came in with an unhappy face.

         “I’m sure you know what’s happening. Care to explain?”

         I knew he was going to ask this. I take a moment to think about it before I say anything that can expose our relationship.

         “Amber and I are friends.” I lied again. I have become a great liar. They say actors and actresses are great liars and I have to agree on that. The look on Junho doesn’t seem he is convinced.

         “We are friends. She was my dance instructor and we hang out a few times before we debut since she’s not familiar with Korea. And we only met a few times after I debut.” I continued on which was partly true and partly a lie. I gave him a stern look; we stared at each other for a moment before Junho drops his shoulder down.

         “Alright I trust you. But this is not looking great. You should avoid seeing her now.”

         “Junho that makes it obvious that there is something between us. We should be more open about it instead and prove to my fans that we’re just friends.” I suggested. The more openly we are the less it’ll look like there is something between us.  That’s how it works, the more I deny the more people will suspect. But secretly I wished we could freely hang out without being suspicious.

         Junho frowned. He folds his arms and went into deep thought.

         “Alright. You should post about your friendship on your blog clearing all the misunderstanding.”

         My heart leaped in joy. Junho move on and began telling my schedule for the week.

 

I went home straight away, as much as I want to stay over with Amber but I held back my urge to see Amber and force myself home. I want to see her so badly.

         Night comes and I was talking on the phone with Amber. When we hang up my urge to see her increased. I rolled my eyes thinking that even Junho agree to openly see Amber as if there’s nothing between us. I quickly jump off the bed and change into my out going clothes and wore a cap to cover my face. But the night is dark and the last bus is gone too. I sneak to the living room finding dad sitting there alone watching the sport channel. I crept up from behind almost scaring him.

         “Soojung you scared me!” Dad jumps up but calm down after seeing it was only me.

         “Dad can you drive me to a friend’s place?” I whispered. I don’t know why I whispered but I felt that if mum heard it she might figure it out there is something between Amber and I. Mum is really sensitive.

         “This late? How are you coming back?”

         “I’ll probably stay over. Please.” I begged in a whiny voice that he couldn’t refuse. Dad just pinched my nose smiling and got up from the couch grabbing his car key. I lead dad to the way and arrive to Amber’s house shortly. I kiss dad goodbye before stepping out. I lower my cap trying to hide my face.

         I arrive at the door, I didn’t press the pin to open the door instead I press the doorbell trying to give her a surprise. I press the doorbell and quickly stood on the side. When the door opens I quickly jump out scaring the boyish girl. Amber stumbles and fell backward. I jump in closing the door and giggled at the girl who fell flat on her .

         “Soojung? Why are you here?” Amber asked in a confused expression. She got up and rubbed her sore .

         “Because I want to see you.” I wrap my arms around her neck and quickly stole a kiss on her lips.

         Amber smiled and quickly pulled me back into a deep passionate kiss. I respond back instantly tasting the pair of lips that I missed so much. I jump onto Amber as our lips still attached wrapping my legs around her waist. Amber’s arms wrap around my waist supporting me onto her. I can feel a playful smile pasted on her face when her foot starts moving, heading close to her bedroom. My back drop backwards onto her bed and soon I felt her weight.

         “Shouldn’t you avoid seeing me at this time?” She asks breathlessly.

         “Junho said we should act normal like nothing happened.” I smiled and fiddle with the ends of her hair.  “Let’s take a photo together.” I shuffle out under her. I dig out my phone from my pocket and we both lay down together. Counting to three I snap a photo of us with her while we both lie down on the bed. I look at the photo making sure we look like best friends sleeping over at a friend’s place from what it looks like in the photo.

         I sat up and login to my blog account using my phone.

 

   “Sleeping over at my friend’s place!”

 

I typed the message and attach the photo we just took and press the ‘post’ button. I toss the phone aside and flip myself over to continue kissing the girl I missed.

         “Soojung are you sure it’s okay to post that photo up?” She asked in between our kisses.  I ignore her and continue to kiss her senselessly.

         “It’s alright. Just shut up and kiss me.” My tone of voice changed, it was demanding, but I know she likes it. I heard Amber chuckling before flipping our position over pressing her lips on mine.

 

I woke up in the early morning from my ringing alarm clock. Switching it off I quietly slip out under the blanket and pick the scattering clothing off the floor. Putting my clothes on I heard the squirming noises that came out from the boyish girl.

         “Soojung?” She mumbled. Her eyes still closed and her arms searching for the body warmth.  When she found nothing beside her she pushes her body up and I blushed seeing the blanket drops exposing her chest.

         “Soojung where are you going?” She rubbed her eyes that were so adorable. “It’s still early.” She added after looking at the clock.

         “I got to go home I have school today.” I crawl up the bed and plant a morning kiss on the still sleepy girl. My eyes travel down and stop at her chest. Feeling a little shy, I pull the blanket up covering her exposed body. She chuckled at the cute act and her arms wrap around my waist pulling us closer.

         “Is everything going to be alright?” She asked still worried about our scandal.

         “It’s going to be alright. I told you I’m going to keep you and my career. But I’m sorry that because of me we had to hide our relationship.” I apologetic said with a pout.

         “It’s okay, it’s not like I can openly say to everyone that ‘hey I’m gay’.”

         I kiss the girl on the lips before I continue to dress myself. Shortly after when time is running out I left Amber’s place. But on the way out I can feel eyes on me as if they are watching me until I arrive home.

 

I went to school like usual but when I walk pass the newspaper stall I stop by and take a look. I wonder if there is still news about us? A particular magazine caught my attention and seem like the headline is about me. I pick up the magazine and I can already feel the gaze of the lady. Reading through a bit of the article inside I discovered that it was about last night. The photo was taken when I enter Amber’s building. Still feeling the stare from the lady, I quickly dig out some coins placing it on top of the stack of newspaper. I left the newspaper stall and continue my way to school while reading the magazine. I was glad I posted that photo up with Amber, now nobody can say I’m deliberately hiding our relationship and there’s nothing to be suspicious about. I can’t help but to think I’m such a smart girl. Got to give myself a pat on the back. I read the article with laughter; it was half true and half bull.

 

 

 

The scandal of us slowly died down again. There was no hard evidence so people just assume whatever they want. Fortunately, the scandal does not have much affect towards my career; I guess our friendly act really did cover up. And just when I thought everything is going really well Amber just had to give me a bad news.

         I woke up in the early morning after staying the night at Amber’s. We cuddled for a moment until she brought the bad news up.

         “Soojung, this might be a bad news but I’ve decided this. I’m going back to the States.”

         I froze on the spot, not knowing how to react to it. I stayed silent waiting for her to continue her say.

         “I’ve got an offer to join one of the top crew in the States and they’re planning to do a year tour around the country performing in different places.” She slowly explained, worried that I’m going to be mad at her. But I can tell that she has decided and I know I cannot stop her from chasing her dream.

         “So we’re going to be apart for a year?” I asked the obvious.

         “Yes.” She whispered and tightens her arms around my waist.

         I continue to stay silent, there wasn’t anything else I can say to her and this is another challenge for us. A year time can be short and it can be long. We’ve parted before and during that period I devoted myself into work. I think I can survive. But the only different now is I have fallen much deeper than before.

         “So when are you leaving?”

         “…Next month.”

         It was faster than I imagined. Now I wished she could have told me earlier so I can spend every single night with her. I broke free from her hug, straddling onto her lap. I grab my phone that was lying on the nightstand and dial Junho’s number. While the phone is connecting I cleared my throat and coughed a few times preparing myself for the act.

         “Junho… I don’t think… I’m able to complete schedule today. I feel really terrible.” I acted out a hoarse voice sounding like I’m terribly ill. I can see Amber’s confused look but soon it turns to a sly smile.

         “You sound terrible too. Okay I will cancel your schedule for today. Stay home and rest.”

         It was my first time faking sick but I couldn’t believe it was that easy for smart Junho to believe. But everyone has once in their life faked sick so it’s no big deal. We hang up and I immediately heard loud laughter coming from Amber.

         “Witnessing your acting in front of my eyes is far better than on screen.”

         Well I must admit that my acting is just so good. It felt real to me as well.

         “But are you sure it’s okay to take a day off like this?”

         “It’s okay, it’s only one day and I really want to be with you.”

         “What if I’ve got plans?” She teased.

         “Then cancel it.” With that sad I smack my lips against hers and turn it into a deep passionate kiss.

         Her hands quickly tighten around my waist and she slowly took over control pushing me down against the bed. She hovered on top without breaking the kiss as her hand roams down caressing my body. She slips her hand underneath my singlet caressing my skins. Unnoticed, I let out a deep moan from her touches.

 

 

 

         “CUT! That’s it for today!”

         The director shouted and that was the only sentence I was waiting for. I quickly ran out of the filming set and went to grab my usual clothing and changed. I can feel the weird looks I’m getting as I hurriedly did everything. Even Junho was shooting me a confused look.

         “Junho I need to leave now. I’ve got somewhere important to go.” I told him, just letting him know. And like a rocket I speed outside of the building, I stood on the street looking around if there’s a taxi on standby. And when I spotted one I quickly waved my hand giving him the signal.

         “Miss where do you want to go?”

         “International Airport please.” I said before I even sat properly on the passenger seat. I stared at the clock hoping that I can make it before Amber checks in.

         The entire way through I was clenching my phone and constantly looking at the time. I think I have look at it at least once every half a minute. And when the taxi finally stopped in front of the dropping off area, I pulled out a big note in my wallet and not bother with the change. I sprint to the supposed gate for Amber. It was late at night, almost nine thirty PM and the airport was empty. I ran to the direction of the plan that she’s boarding on. When I got there I quickly scan across the place trying to find the girl I love. And when I did I shouted her name so loudly that everyone around must have heard.

         “AMBER!”

         I saw her turning around, she drop her hand carried luggage on the floor and quickly ran towards me. I look behind her and there were another three people with her. They must be her crew members.

         “I thought you wouldn’t be coming?”

         “Well here I am.” I stood there just staring at her pretty and handsome face. This will be the last time to see her and then it’s going to be a long break for us.

         We just stood there staring at each other, trying to get the very last seconds of each other’s face. I really want to kiss her. I hesitated because her friends are watching us. I bet they are curious since I see eyes wandering towards our direction; even the airport staffs had their eyes on us. But I don’t care anymore. I pulled Amber by her jacket and smack my lips against hers. She was taken surprise at first but soon wrap her arms around my waist and deepen our last kiss together. I know eyes are watching us but I don’t care anymore. It was really not the time to care about it whether they are watching or not but to cherish our last kiss.

         I don’t know how long the kiss went on for but sure it lasted more than five minutes – at least it felt like it. Our lips finally parted, panting, her lips are swollen and that’s when I realize how hard we’ve kissed each other.

         She pulled out a smile and I did the same. She walked backwards and without saying anything she turns around walking in the gate. When I no longer see her I turn around and walk away. We both didn’t say goodbye to each other because we know there’s no goodbye to us – it’s not the end of our relationship.

 

 

 

         “Best actress award goes to…” The drum rolls sound effect began trying to build the excitement. I sat on the seat, hands clench tightly against each other. I always thought it doesn’t matter if you get an award or not, as long as the viewers acknowledge you. But as a nominee and sitting here all night waiting for this announcement is a different story. I felt sweats forming on my head.

         “The award goes to Krystal Jung!” The MC said loudly with a big smile.

         All the nervous left and were replaced by a wide smile. Everyone around me was getting up giving their congratulation to me. I greeted everyone and quickly walk to the stage claiming my hard working award.

         I got on stage and my mind was so muddle up that I cannot think of what to say.

         “Ummm…” I muttered. All of a sudden I felt tears building up. I widen my eyes and tilt my head backwards trying to stop the tears from coming out.

         “I want to thank my company, my manager Junho, all the staffs and most importantly…” I took a moment thinking whether I should say it or not. “My lover, Amber.” There I said it and right afterward people just clapped. I wondered if they really heard what I just said. I just confessed I’m in love with another woman! And I just admitted that our scandal is real and not fake.

         People clapped but then all of a sudden stop as if they just notice what I said. They all look at the one sitting beside them chattering, discussing whether if they had heard it wrong.

         “Thank you!” I said into the mic, echoing my voice breaking their chattering. I pulled out a big wide smile; I felt a lot relax after confessing as if I drop down a big rock off my shoulders. While leaving the stage and back to my own seat I felt that every single person wants to approach me to ask what I just said was the truth. But they just don’t have the chance to as the event is still running. From far away I can see how angry Junho is, he was shooting me disapproval looks but I don’t care anymore.

         I have received the Best Actress Award and what else can I ask for? I sat there enjoying the rest of the show – leaving the venue I was already surrounded by reporters all questioning the same thing.

         “So is it true that you and Amber is dating?” One of the reporters managed to ask; he was fighting through the wall of securities. I didn’t respond back and just smiled. Managed to get back in the van I receive a long scolding from Junho until his phone continuously ringing that he just couldn’t ignore it. And there he was trying his best to cover it up and denying it to the reporters.

         My phone vibrated in my purse, seeing that it’s from Amber, the girl whom I love I quickly read it.

 

 

   Still remember the place we first met? Meet me there now.

 

 

My heart pounded. She came back already? Why didn’t she tell me? I push all the questions back and tried to think of a way to run out of this moving van. I look to my left and Junho was busy talking on the phone. I feel the van slowing down ready to stop at the red lights. I knew this is my chance to escape, I held tightly onto the handle getting my arms ready to slide the door open and run off.

         “3…2…1…Go!” I counted and when it’s three I slide the door open in a quick motion and ran off not caring if there’s cars or not. I can hear Junho screaming angrily from behind, yelling at me to come back. I didn’t turn back and kept running and running even if I’m wearing these three inches heels. 

         I don’t know where I ran to but definitely I lost them. I no longer able to hear Junho’s shouting voice and there was no sight of the van anymore. In the middle of nowhere I stood by the side trying my luck whether a taxi will drive pass. Standing there in my nice dress and heels, I stood there for almost an hour until an empty taxi stop by. I hurried gave the taxi driver the address not caring the staring from him. Throughout the drive I can feel him constantly staring at me through his mirror but luckily he didn’t dare to ask me anything.

         The taxi stop at the given address and that’s when I realize I don’t have a single penny in my pocket, or should I say I don’t even have a pocket in my dress. The old driver turn his head around waiting for me to hand him the money but I just smiled at him.

         “Sorry I don’t have money on me now but I’ll definitely pay you back.” I said in a panic mode.

         The old driver frowned and studied my face, he finally open his mouth. “Are you that famous actress Krystal Jung?”

         “Yes I am. I will definitely pay you back.” I hope my fame will earn the old man my trust.

         “My daughter is a big fan of yours. You can pay me with your autograph.” He took out a notebook and a pen handing it to me.

         I quickly took the pen and notebook and signed on a piece of blank paper. And I especially left a message saying I will pay him back. I hand him back the notebook and pen, a wide smile appeared on his face as he reads the message. Before leaving the taxi I quickly glance at his driver license remembering his name.

         I ran to the coffee shop that we first met. Standing in front, looking through the glass windows it was pitch black inside. I look around trying to find the figure I’m looking for but I see no one. No longer the lights inside the coffee shop lights up. Beautiful Christmas lightings flashing and the words “I Love U” hanged across the windows of the coffee shop. My eyes widen and heart felt so warm that I felt like crying. Amber walks out from inside carrying a bouquet of red roses. She slowly walks up to me and my tears couldn’t help it anymore.

         “Congratulation.” She said and hand me the bouquet of red roses.

         “Thank you.” I grab the bouquet and wipe the tears using my empty hand. I must look like a mess right now.

         She quickly pulled me in for a hug, her warmth, her arms and her scent, everything I missed so badly. I laid my head on her shoulder as I take in her beautiful scent.

         “I’m sorry and thank you.” She whispered. “Thank you for continuing to love me.” She added. She gently push us apart and captured my lips. I hug her tightly deepening our kiss, a kiss that I’ve longed for so long.

-----

A/N: Okay this is the end! Happy ending! I'm sure that's what everyone wants.

I want to thanks everyone for reading, comment and liking this fic.

Your comments means so much because it keeps me motivated.

End of this fic also means a new fic will be up soon. So stay tune!