Of lunch dates and salty kisses

Ordinary People (ch 12 rewritten ^_^)
Youngjae groaned at the sight of the tanned male smiling down at him.

"What exactly are you doing here Jung Daehyun?" he coughed, his throat becoming more itchy the more he spoke.

"Hey don't get mad. The teach told me to bring you your notes & homework."

Youngjae watched as Daehyun pulled out a thick folder filled with sheets of paper from his satchel.

"I've only been gone for two day yet there's this much to cover?"

"Umm I actually slipped in a couple of my own notes in case you needed the help. We started a lot of new topics and we've got tests coming up so I wanted to help you."

Youngjae softens his attitude at the sight of Daehyun's shy smile but only a bit. He grabs the folder and looks through the papers, finding a ton of hand written notes.

"A couple of notes? This is like a whole textbook full of them."

Youngjae chuckled at the messy scrawl spread across the stack of papers.

"Thanks for bringing my things anyways. I guess you'll be leaving now."

"A-actually, I've got a couple more things for you. Thought you'd need something to distract you."

Daehyun pulled out a large thermos from his bag, placing it on the dresser as he pulled a couple novels out and a neck pillow along with it.

Youngjae curiously peeked at the covers of the book. He gasped when he noticed the titles, immediately reaching out for them.

"Tuesdays with Morrie & The Five People You Meet In Heaven? How did you know I was a Mitch Albom fan?"

"I didn't. I just kind of guessed because you're always attached to that For One More Day book."

Youngjae snuggled into his sheets, slipping on the neck pillow as he begun the first book. He could see Daehyun pouring something that looked like soup into the thermos cup in the corner of his eye.

"I made you cream of mushroom soup. I hope you like it."

Youngjae grinned as Daehyun served the soup. He hadn't really eaten much of what his mom made and he was regretting it because he was a tad hungry & didn't really have the energy to leave bed and grab a bite.

"It's delicious. I didn't know you could cook!"

"My dad's a chef so he teaches me a bit of stuff."

Youngjae beamed up appreciatively, downing the soup like it was water. It just tasted that good. He sighed contentedly because his throat felt soothed.

"You should be my personal chef. My own mom can't cook more than five dishes."

"Thanks for the compliment, I guess. I could always cook some more for you if you wanted."

"I don't want to impose."

"Nah, I'd love to cook more for you. We could have like a lunch date or something."

"I don't do dates."

"Well I'll be happy to be your first. This Saturday at one pm. I'll pick you up and bring you to my place." Daehyun chirped as he packed up his things, getting ready to leave.

"W-wait!"

Youngjae couldn't even finish his sentence because Daehyun was already out the door.

Youngjae throws another shirt onto the bed. He doesn't know why he's putting so much effort into this when he didn't even want to go in the first place.

He groaned as he looked at the time. '10 more minutes and Daehyun will be here.'

He settled on a plain grey sweater & acid wash jeans, fluffing his hair to give him an artificial bed head that was the trend these days.

"I'm going out with a friend mom! I don't know when I'll be back so don't stay up to wait!"

"Awww is my Jae meeting someone special?"

"Mom, he's just a friend."

"Whatever you say love! Remember protection!"

"Moooooooooom! Stop it!"

Youngjae rolled his eyes at this mother's lewd comment. He rushed down the patio just as Daehyun's car rolled up in his driveway.

He blushed when his eyes fell on Daehyun. The said male was clad in an unbelievably tight v-neck and obscene thigh hugging chinos.

"Hey! You look good."

Youngjae ignored the compliment and focused on mentally undressing the male sitting in the car.

How had he not noticed how delectable Daehyun actually was? His throat dried out at the thought of nibbling on those thick lips.

He snapped out of his dreamland when he heard Daehyun clear his throat and he stumbled into the car.

Youngjae played with his fingers, trying to distract himself from the side of him that was getting hot and bothered. He needed to stay away from Jung Daehyun.

Far away.

"I was thinking of cooking grilled salmon and baked potatoes. That fine by you?"

"Y-yeah?"

Daehyun cocked an eyebrow. He leaned over and pressed the back of his hand to Youngjae's cheek.

"Are you still sick?"

"N-no. Just drive, please."

Youngjae groaned silently because he was the worst liar on earth. He'd die if Daehyun found out about his new found attraction to him.

Youngjae swung his legs back and forth. He observed carefully as Daehyun moved throughout the kitchen skillfully. He couldn't stop thing about how nice those exquisite hands would feel on his skin.

It didn't help that Daehyun had a sheen of sweat on his sun kissed skin. His veins popped out and all.

Youngjae held back the whimper. He was having a war with his mind.

Daehyun was done with the food pretty quick and he'd served them like how they did in restaurants. Fancy dressing and all.

Youngjae dug into the plate as soon as it was placed in front of him. "This tastes amazing."

"Thanks. I was doing this all on a whim."

"A whim? I thought your dad was a chef. Wouldn't he have taught you this?"

"He's a chef in the hospital cafeteria. He doesn't need to cook fancy food like this and he'd be losing more money from his meagre paycheck if he did."

Youngjae hadn't noticed the signs before. He didn't think Daehyun was the sort who was poor before but now he realised. Daehyun drove a pretty shabby car and his apartment was really cramped and it looked like it was going to collapse.

"I hope you're not put off by the fact that I'm not the richest person on this planet." Daehyun murmured, carefully eating his food as though he was savouring every bite.

"How could you afford the salmon then?"

"I have enough for a nice treat from time to time. Plus, I'm pretty good with saving cash. I need to help my dad with his expenses and all. Mom deals with her own money."

Youngjae didn't know what came over him but he was suddenly seeing the other in a different light. He'd always thought of Daehyun to be some obnoxiously loud rich kid but the dude was the complete opposite.

"You don't have to worry though. We get by, just the three of us. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hoping for more in life but that's why I'm trying my best in school. I want to be able to give my parents a good life when they're old."

Youngjae stared at Daehyun in awe. Daehyun looked completely innocent as he broke down his walls in front of Youngjae.

Youngjae got a sudden urge to kiss the male and that was exactly what he did.

Youngjae pushed himself up and leaned over the table, pressing his lips chastely against Daehyun's.

The kiss was salty thanks to the potatoes but Youngjae found the taste absolutely addicting. He was practically on the table as his tongue traveled the expanse of Daehyun's mouth.

The air grew hot and Youngjae came to his senses when he felt his lungs begging for air. He stared, shell shocked at his own behaviour.

He could hear Daehyun calling out his name but he didn't stop. He thanked the heavens because the bus arrived just that moment and he hopped on, rushing the driver to move off quickly.

He gulped down the lump in his throat as he looked at Daehyun calling his name helplessly.

"Jung Daehyun, what are you doing to me?"

a/n: updating on my phone so I apologise if it's a bit messy. I'd love if you guys could send me some banglo & himup prompts!