Ice Cream

Ordinary People (ch 12 rewritten ^_^)

Jiho nudged Yongguk’s knee. He watched as Yongguk finally roused from his sleep. Silence hung over them and only the sound of Yongguk’s jeans scratching against the coffee table could be heard. Yongguk observed his surroundings with his sleepy gaze. “Mornin’ sleeping beauty.”

 

“How long was I asleep for?”

 

“Oh just three hours while I was working my off trying to get the lyrics down.” Jiho grumbled. He jabbed Yongguk’s side with the tip of his pencil.

 

“Sorry. Tough morning.”

 

“Thought you were tutoring Junhong?”

 

“Yeah and he’s no angel.”

 

Jiho couldn’t stifle the evil chuckle that slipped past his lips. He hushed himself when Yongguk sent him a piercing glare. He buried his face in his mug of hot chocolate, hiding the small smile playing on his lips. 

 

Both of them yelped at the sound of the doorbell echoing in the bare apartment. “Were you expecting someone?” Jiho murmured into his mug, cocking an eyebrow at Yongguk’s confused gaze. “I’ll take that as a no.”

 

Yongguk groaned as he got up from his seat, his body all sore from sleeping in the desk chair. The doorbell rang repeatedly and Yongguk grew more irritated with each ring. “Hold your horses will ya’?”

 

He peered out the peephole and narrowed his eyes in attempt to make out the face of the red head standing outside his door.

 

“Junhong?”

 

He cracked the door open and peeked out. His eyes widened and he had a feeling that some drool was now dribbling down his chin. He didn’t understand how Junhong could look even hotter than he already was. 

 

Junhong seemed to finally notice Yongguk’s eyes peeking from behind the door and a sweet smile spread across his face.

 

“Hi Yonggukkie! May I come in or am I intruding?”

 

Yongguk stepped back from the door and pulled it open fully, inviting the boy in as he tried to make sense of the situation. His eyes wandered Junhong’s body and he had to admit that he loved the image of Junhong in a a leather jacket and skinny jeans. 

 

“Are you busy right now?”

 

“Ummm I don’t think I am.” Yongguk mumbled. He was pretty sure his brain was on fire at the moment. He stumbled towards the living room and awkwardly stood behind the old rocking chair. “Would you like something to drink?”

 

“Oh I’d love to. Have you seen the weather outside? It’s crazy.” Junhong exclaimed, exaggerating his facial expressions. Yongguk nodded his head at the comment and dashed to the kitchen. He took in a deep breath as he tried to calm himself down. 

 

His hastily grabbed a glass. His hand trembled as he poured the juice. “Ummm Yongguk, sorry to pry but who is the cutie sitting on your couch?” 

 

“It’s J-junhong.”

 

“Woah when did he get so hot?”

 

Yongguk watched his best friend ogle at the teenager sitting silently in his living room. His mind was still pretty muddled. He kicked Jiho’s calf lightly, knocking him out of his trance. “Stay in the studio. I’ll kick you in the balls if you leave the room again.” Yongguk growled, using his elbow to shove Jiho.

 

He waited for Jiho to lock himself into the room before going back to Junhong. They exchanged awkward smiles as Yongguk served the drink. A little too formal for their usual relationship. Yongguk hadn’t completely forgotten about the little slip up after their trip to the theme park. Junhong accidentally revealing that he liked him had hit him pretty hard and he’d never recovered from the shock. 

 

“So what are you doing here? Shouldn’t you be having taekwondo or something like that now?”

 

“Nah I’m better than the teacher so there’s no use of me going. Plus, I wanted to see you.”

 

“I just saw you like five hours ago.”

 

“Well I wanted to see you outside of class. I wanted to ask you something.”

 

“What was it?”

 

“It’s just that I’ve got these tickets to a small gig Crucial Star is performing but I don’t have anyone to go with. I thought you’d be interested in going.”

 

Yongguk’s eyes widened at the name of his favourite rapper being mentioned. He was nodding his head even before Junhong could say more.

 

“But there’s more to it. I was hoping that we could treat it like a d-date.” Junhong stuttered. Yongguk noticed how he kept wiping his palms against his jeans. He could see the anxiety pouring out. 

 


“Ummm well I guess we could. No harm trying right?” Yongguk mumbled. He felt a burst of warmth in his chest when Junhong looked up at him with those puppy eyes of his. They were full of joy and innocence. He was beginning to second guess his decision after thinking it over but the look on Junhong’s face made him feel so good inside. He was right. There was absolutely no harm trying.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Daehyun grabbed onto Youngjae’s wrist the moment the bell rang. He pushed past the crowd of people swarming the hallways, Youngjae in tow. He broke into a sprint the moment they passed the school gates.

 

“Jung Daehyun what are you doing?!”

 

“Hurry or it’ll be full!” Daehyun yelled as he continued running, his hand latched onto Youngjae’s to make sure he didn’t lose the other male. A beam spread across his face when their destination came into view. Daehyun’s feet moved even faster and Youngjae was basically stumbling along behind him.

 

They were greeted by the sound of a girl group song playing through the store-wide speakers and kids enjoying their sugary sweets.

“Ice cream? We ran all the way here from school for ice cream?”

 

“Duh. At least we got to burn off some calories before eating.” Daehyun chirped, settling down into a seat by the window. Youngjae looked around with curious eyes. The place was painted with pretty pastel pinks, blues and yellows. Lanterns were hanging from the ceiling and he could see fairy lights lining the walls.

 

“It’s pretty right? I’ve been coming here everyday since I moved.”

 

“Too much ice cream isn’t good for you.” Youngjae chastised.

 

“Clearly you haven’t seen my health reports. And before you can say it’ll make me fat, have you seen my body?”

 

Youngjae rolled his eyes at the self compliment.

 

“Why are we here anyways?”

 

“You wanted to be happy right? Well we’ll have to start with the simple things, like ice cream! Ice cream makes practically everyone happy.”

 

Youngjae couldn’t help the small smile that appeared on his face.

 

“See! You’re smiling already! My plan is working!”

 

“Yeah yeah. So are we going to order or what?”

 

“I’ll go order. You can stay here.”

 

Youngjae watched as Daehyun dashed to the counter, through the horde of children. He was surprised that Daehyun didn’t climb over the counter and scoop all the ice cream into his mouth because he looked like he was about to pass out from waiting for their order. 

 

Youngjae tapped his foot on the tiled floor as Daehyun walked back with their orders balancing in his hand dangerously. “Dig in.”

 

Youngjae dipped his spoon into the scoop of green tea ice cream, observing the weird green shade it was. He slipped the spoon into his mouth of curiosity. He cocked an eyebrow when he realised that it actually tasted normal, tasty even. 

 

Youngjae shoveled down a couple more scoops of the green tea, trying a spoonful of the cookie dough and deeming it not good enough for him. He was too amazed by the taste of the green tea ice cream to realise that Daehyun had been observing him the whole time.

 

“Have you not eaten ice cream before or?”

 

“I’ve tasted the regular flavours. Chocolate, vanilla and strawberry but I’ve never tasted anything besides those three.”

 

“So how do you feel?”

 

“Better, I guess.” Youngjae reluctantly murmured. He’d been hoping for Daehyun to fail so he could have him out of his hair.

 

“Wait till you see Plan B.”

 

 

 

 

 

word count: 1,333

playlist:

  • Nine Muses - Gun
  • Nine Muses - A Few Good Men
  • Infinite - Destiny
  • Bangtan - Coffee
  • Infinite - Inception

a/n: Well I’ve been away for nearly two months so I should apologise. I was having my year end exams and a lot of happened too (struggling with studies & having personal problems at the same time is totally frustrating). So I hope this chapter is enough for now. I was going to type himup out too but my brain is fried, completely fried. I’ve been having writer’s block too :( Once again, I apologise for my absence. Too much has happened to me these past few months that I totally forgot about this ;~; I’ll try to update this along with Number One and FBND as regularly as possible. On a brighter note, I went for Infinite’s Singapore stop AND THE CONCERT WAS AMAZING. SUNGYEOL (my bias) WAS AN ARM’S LENGTH AWAY FROM ME AND I WAS ABOUT TO TAKE A PICTURE BUT MY PHONE HUNG D: