Theme Parks

Ordinary People (ch 12 rewritten ^_^)
a/n: double update yo
 
 
 
Junhong gripped onto the metal railing for dear life. The ride hadn’t even started moving and he was already scared to death.
 
 
Yongguk on the other hand looked like a five year old kid in a candy shop.
 
 
Junhong’s breathing quickened and his knuckles were soon turning white. He saw the green light go off and the long train began moving slowly at first.  He’d shut his eyes tight but they shot open the moment Yongguk called him a wimp. 
 
 
He held his breath as the cart began to ascend, preparing everyone for the painful descent. He could feel the corn dog he’d eaten rise up from his stomach. Tears were already pooling in his eyes as they reached the top and he waited for the terrifying drop.
 
 
Ear splitting screams could be heard as the cart rushed downward and into a loop. Yongguk looked like he was having the time of his life while Junhong looked like he was going to soil his pants any time. 
 
 
Tears were running down Junhong’s face freely as he kept his head buried in his arms. He could feel the ride slow down as they reached the end of endless loops and horrid drops. 
 
 
Junhong was rushing out of the area the moment the barriers were lifted up. He didn’t want anyone to see him crying like a little baby just because of a simple roller coaster.
 
 
He could hear Yongguk hollering his name but his eyes were aimed at the washroom. He pushed past the crowd of people and finally let out a breath when he made it in. 
 
 
Junhong cringed at the sight of himself in the mirror. He had a bit of snot dribbling out of his nose and his eyes were terribly swollen from all the crying he’d done in a span of six minutes.
 
 
He let a pool of water form in the sink, ignoring the sound of the door slamming open. 
 
 
He dipped his hands in and let the cool water cleanse his sticky cheeks. 
 
 
 
 
“Junhong, are you okay?”
 
“Do I look like I’m okay?”
 
“I’m sorry, I didn’t know you were scared of heights.”
 
“I’m not scared of heights, just roller coasters. And it’s not your fault. I didn’t tell you.”
 
Yongguk observed silently as Junhong dabbed at his face with cool water, his lips forming a pout.
 
“I was supposed to create happy memories for you. I made you cry instead.”
 
“It’s fine, really.”
 
“Let me make it up to you, please.”
 
 
 
 
Junhong peeked at the man standing by the door and his heart melted into a puddle of goo. Yongguk was actually whining and pouting. Pouting
 
 
Junhong nodded his head and drained the water from the sink, grabbing a couple paper towels from the dispenser to dry his face. 
 
 
“So what do you intend on doing to make it up?”
 
 
 
“I’ll let you go on the rides you want instead of forcing you and I’ll buy you dinner. How does that sound?”
 
 
“I guess that’s fine by me.” Junhong beamed and tugged Yongguk out of the toilet.
 
 
Their arms stayed linked and Junhong couldn’t help but blush. The warmth from Yongguk radiated and enveloped him like a hug.
 
 
It was strange how fast their relationship had changed after the rap battle. Yongguk seemed less tense and less phony while Junhong was just a much happier person. 
 
 
Junhong smiled and pulled Yongguk closer to him.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Yongguk smiled at the look in Junhong’s eyes. The younger’s eyes were attached to the cloud of purple candy floss forming on the white stick. He looked so amazed by how fluffy it looked. 
 
 
“Close your mouth, you’re going to get drool in the machine.” Yongguk whispered into Junhong’s ear, earning himself a slap to the arm. 
 
 
Junhong pulled himself away from Yongguk’s grip as the woman at the booth handed him his candy floss, a toothy grin on her face.
 
 
 
“Be sure to share some with your boyfriend sunshine.”
 
“Oh he’s not my b-boyf-”
 
“I’ll make sure my boyfriend shares some with me ma’am. Have a nice day.”
 
Yongguk tugged Junhong away from the vendor. He pulled Junhong down onto a bench and slid in next to him.
 
“What was that about?”
 
“Aren’t I supposed to be your pretend boyfriend?”
 
“I said in front of my friends though.”
 
“Well let’s use this for practice just so I don’t mess it up in the future. I really want to help you, y’know.”
 
 
 
Junhong stared at Yongguk. He didn’t think he could fall for Yongguk even more but he clearly could. 
 
 
He waited for Yongguk to turn his face back before leaning over the arm rest, pressing his lips to Yongguk’s cheek.
 
 
“Yongguk, thanks for everything. You’re my saviour.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
No words were exchanged between the two after the unexpected kiss. Junhong thought he’d done something wrong at first but his sulk was quickly replaced by a grin when Yongguk wrapped his hand around his. 
 
 
They walked around aimlessly, observing families and couples as they spent their time together. Their smiles seemed so precious.
 
 
They watched people for another half an hour before Junhong began to yawn. 
 
 
 
“Hey, you tired?”
 
“A tiny bit. Stayed up late last night watching movies.” Junhong mumbled sleepily and let his eyelids droop.
 
“But I was supposed to take you out for dinner.”
 
“Another time. I want to go home.” Junhong pouted and rested his head on Yongguk’s shoulder.
 
 
 
 
Yongguk sighed and smiled softly at Junhong leaning against him. He looked so innocent like that. 
 
 
Yongguk carefully lifted Junhong onto his back.
 
 
Yongguk made sure Junhong’s legs were safely wrapped around his hips and that his arms were looped around his neck before standing up. 
 
 
Yongguk squealed on the inside when Junhong nuzzled his face into his shoulder. He could hear Junhong mumbling something but it was muffled because his face was pressed up against Yongguk’s back. 
 
 
Yongguk slowly walked back to his car, admiring the fairy lights hanging on the trees as they walked out in the open instead of under the shelter. 
 
 
 
Junhong was still knocked up and he found it absolutely adorable that Junhong would mumble and whine in his sleep a lot. 
 
 
He carefully reached for his keys and unlocked the car as he balanced Junhong on his back with one hand.
 
 
He stretched his arm out and pulled the door open, letting Junhong’s body fall into the seat as he secured his seat belt. 
 
 
Yongguk made sure that Junhong was comfortable, reclining his seat to put him in a lying down position.
 
 
Junhong shifted in his sleep and Yongguk stopped to watch.
 
 
“Yongguk, I think I like you.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
word count: 1,135
 
playlist:
-Bangtan’s Album
 
A/N: double update yo (that someone at school is doing wonders to my mind). Go read chap 6 if you haven’t ^_^