The Battle

Ordinary People (ch 12 rewritten ^_^)

Yongguk pressed his index and middle finger to his temple and moved them in circles. He tried to soothe the oncoming headache as Zico’s voice droned on and on next to him. Zico was making wild gestures with his hands and even then Yongguk didn’t know what he was talking about.

 

“You are such an idiot, Bang Yongguk. Why would you even agree to that?”

 

“Agree to what? What are we even talking about Zico?”

 

“Were you even listening? I was talking about you being stupid! You were crushed by that kid in your last battle against him! How could you even agree to another one?”

 

“I wasn’t crushed you idiot, it was just a mere loss.”

 

“Says the guy who swore he’d murder the kid and drowned himself in alcohol.”

 

Yongguk brushed Zico off and popped a painkiller into his mouth, swallowing it dry.

 

“How are you planning to do it Yongguk?”

 

“Do what?”

 

Zico shot him a glare and scowled. “How are you planning to beat the kid? He thrashed you mercilessly the last time.”. Yongguk sighed when he looked at Zico. He was never going to let it go that he was beat by a rookie. “I plan to do it naturally, like always. How could one possibly plan for something like this?”

 

“You’re right. I’m sorry I’m stressing over this so much but your reputation is already on the line as it is. I don’t want you to beat yourself up about this like you did last time is all.”

 

“Have some hope in me dude! I’m your best friend!”

 

“I do. It’s just that Junhong is crazy. That kid is out of this world.”

 

“I know he is but we’ll just have to wait and see.”

 

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

 

Yongguk swaggered up to the kid with the shock of aquamarine on his head. A smirk played on his lips when he saw Junhong sipping on a warm coke while cursing at the bartender for not giving him a proper drink.

 

“What’s up kid?”

 

“Call me kid one more time and I’ll castrate you.”

 

“Feisty? What’s got your in a bunch?”

Yongguk shut up the moment Junhong growled and shot him an icy glare.

 

“My mom locked up my skateboards and scores. What’s there to be happy about?”

 

Yongguk grinned at Junhong’s sad fate and signaled to the bartender to get him a drink.

 

“So, when do we battle?”

 

“Hold your horses squirt. The competitions are just starting. We sit back and relax for now.”

 

“I wouldn’t relax if I were you.”

 

“I’m going up against a teenage boy. What’s there to be afraid of?”

 

“I need to keep reminding you that I destroyed you back when I was fourteen. I’m back and   with three years more experience on me.”

 

“Three years won’t get you .”

 

“How about we make a bet then? If I win, I get something I want and if you win, you get something from me.”

 

“Fine. If I win, which I will, you’ll become my slave and you’ll do everything I ask you to.”

 

“Cool by my terms. Now, if I win, you cut the classical music crap and teach me proper things about music. Also-”

 

“That’s easy.”

 

“Let me finish talking and we’ll see whether you find it easy.”

 

“Continue.”

 

“You have to pretend to be my boyfriend in front of all of my friends which includes kissing me in front of them and being all lovey dovey.”

 

“You have got to be kidding me.”

 

“I don’t kid, Guk. So is this bet on or are you too chicken?”

 

“It’s on alright. Prepare to get your whooped Choi Junhong.”

 

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

 

Yongguk spun the mic in his hand as Zico got the crowd going for them. The mass of people were cheering his name and the females were all smiling up at him flirtatiously as Zico called out his name. The crowd turned silent as the music played softly in the back. The bass shook Yongguk to the core and he let the heat of the club engulf him. His mind whizzed and soon he was spouting out words to the beat. 

 

I am suffocating by 'me' which is made by you,

while you demand much more things from me 

Frequent attrition, like the shoes that you bought me

my love is worn down.

Your nagging is like a tie strangling my neck

which made me well-behaved.

So it look liked being nice.

However my inside is twisted and warped.

Now I am long for myself before dating you.

Wall of lassitude is already so high between you and me.

Every time, I cried out saying I will do better and better

today, I'm gonna say this is the last of you and me.

 

Yongguk smirked as the crowd went wild. The cheers were nearly deafening. He turned to see Junhong smiling at him nonchalantly. Yongguk rolled his eyes when Junhong got the crowd going and they were all soon cheering his ‘stage name’, Zelo. Yongguk watched as Junhong took a deep breath. Junhong opened his mouth and Yongguk’s jaw slackened. He was dead meat. 

 

Do I deserve to be happy?

Why have I fallen deeply into shallow scars?

Anyone may receive showers of arrows in life

But why is the target on my heart so big for me?

Emotions run from one end to another

But for a slow-paced me, I fall behind and out of breath

I cannot hold my heart and I lose the world

A few steps more is happiness but

I raise each step a little more

Anyone can be afraid of this

But to me, it's more natural than laughter

Crying is easy like breathing - the more you hold it in, your more you let out

Let me breathe - sadness is my home

I want to stay here, in this place

Even if I go out to happiness for a moment

Now I know that I would want to go back

 

Junhong grinned to himself as the crowd screamed out his name, his cheers so obviously louder than Yongguk’s. He’d done it again. He’d beaten the infamous Bang Yongguk. Junhong laughed light-heartedly when one of the girls squealed at him to call her afterwards. Junhong turned to Yongguk and shot him a small smile, something that was so out of place on his face. 

 

Yongguk chewed on his lip as Zico dragged the two of them to the front. He knew he wasn’t going to win. Zico shot him a worried look and mouthed ‘sorry’ at him. Yongguk rolled his eyes. It wasn’t like it was the end of his life. He waited as the crowd was shushed after Junhong’s performance. Yongguk could hear all of them muttering Junhong’s name as the girls squealed about how cool he was and the guys were all praising him in admiration. That was supposed to his name, not Junhong’s.

 

Zico pressed the mic to his lips. There was a pregnant pause as he stared at the slip of paper in his hands. Yongguk knew that he was trying to spare him but he couldn’t help spitting at him to hurry up.

 

“The winner of today’s battle is............ZELO!”

 

The crowds were actually deafening now and Yongguk growled under his breath as the crowd lifted Junhong in the air and all of them cheered for him. That was supposed to be him, not Junhong. It was never supposed to be Junhong.

 

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

 

Junhong bit his lower lip. Yongguk was walking a couple steps ahead of him and everything was silent around them. No cars drove past and it felt as though it was only two of them on the planet. Junhong reached out his hand to tap Yongguk but his hand coiled back in fear. He hadn’t meant to beat him despite what he’d said before. Junhong was actually rooting for Yongguk.

 

“Yongguk, I’m sorry.”

 

“You don’t have to be sorry. You won it fair and square. I and I know it.”

 

“Y-you don’t . You were better than me in my opinion.”

 

“Well your opinion doesn’t matter now does it?”

 

Junhong shut himself up. Yongguk was standing next to him with an unreadable expression on his face.

 

“You don’t have to do what I asked you to if you don’t want to. You know, the boyfriend part.”

 

“It was a bet and I don’t break promises Junhong.”

 

“Are you sure you’re okay with it though?”

 

“Stop asking me questions and just let me do it.”

 

 

A/N: This chapter turned out more boring than I expected it too and I’m sorry for it being so late. I had writer’s block for the longest time. I was hoping to be able to update more during the hols but I’m on my last week of holidays now and I haven’t even finished my homework so I have to get started on that. Also! I may be posting a flower boy next door themed Daejae fic when I’m done writing it! I’ve got two chapters of it down and I hope to be able to work on it some more. Till then :) Sub, Comment and Upvote ^_^ Buhbye~

Also, Yongguk was rapping Dynamic Duo's Guilty and Zelo's song was Tablo's Home (let's all pretend that it was freestyle in the story)