Fevers and Kisses

Ordinary People (ch 12 rewritten ^_^)

 

Youngjae pressed his fingers to his temple, rubbing it in a circular motion. The murmuring of his classmates made his head buzz painfully. His eyes stung from the cold of the air-conditioner and his throat felt more scratchy than the wool sweater he was wearing. He took a swig of his honey tea, trying to soothe his swollen throat. He tried to ignore the grating voice of his lecturer and rested his head in his arms.

He could hear Jaebum next to him questioning him but he just let out a groan that seemed to stop the male from furthering his interrogation. He didn’t know what he was thinking when he actually thought it was okay to go to a lecture when he was running a high fever. He’d woken up with a stuffed up nose and he couldn’t even open his eyes fully. Being the stubborn person he is, he’d forced himself out of bed and off to class. He never thought he’d regret the decision so damn much. 

Youngjae forced himself out of the seat when the bell rung, signaling the end of their lesson. He stuffed his heavy textbook into his bag and swung it onto his back, dragging himself out of the class. His classmates were giving him strange looks as he tried to get across the school to the west wing where he had his lunch. He felt like crawling up the stairs when he took his first step up. He gripped onto the side railing with his dear life and braved the steep stairs to the rooftop.

Youngjae pushed the metal door open with all the strength he had left. The breeze slapped him in the face and he felt like he was in the Arctic for a moment. He dropped his bag onto the ground and slid down, resting his head against the wall. Youngjae forced his eyes shut despite the burning behind his eyelids and buried his head in his arms. He felt himself slipping into a deep sleep but as expected, lady luck wasn’t smiling down upon him. Just then, the door to the rooftop flew open and he saw Daehyun struggling with the bags of food in his arms.

He tried to keep quiet, hoping that Daehyun wouldn’t notice him if he was silent. Obviously Daehyun was already screaming his name out when he noticed him trying to escape. His head spun from the loud voice and he would have fallen down from the dizziness if he weren’t sitting down already.

“Woah....who beat you up?”

“It’s called having a fever you . Why are you even here?” Youngjae hissed, his voice disappearing with the wind that blew past.

“I wanted to spend time with you. Do you want a bagel?” Daehyun chirped and shoved the bagel at his face.

“No thanks.” Youngjae mumbled and laid down on the ground flat, his bag serving as a pillow.

“Do you want me to bring you back to the nurse’s office? There should be some aspirin there.”

“No thanks.”

“How about your dorm? I could make you some soup.”

“Daehyun, why are you trying to help me when I clearly don’t need it.”

“Because you’re my friend.”

Youngjae’s soul died a bit when he looked into Daehyun’s eyes. He looked so pure and innocent. Daehyun shouldn’t be around someone so tainted like himself, the thought.

“Daehyun, I’m not your friend and I never will be.”

 

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Jongup kept his eyes trained on the photographer as he posed for the camera. He made sure to make his poses look even more seductive than the first photoshoot. He could see Himchan trying to control himself. He kept adjusting his tie, loosening it with each shot. Himchan wasn’t the only one ogling. Dahee and Sunwoo were glued to their spots next to Himchan and their jaws were slackened.

Jongup saw the flash go off and he was soon rushed off to get changed into his next outfit. He’d been hired at some eyecandy magazine and he was chosen to model for the summer edition also known as the edition that showed off the most skin. He pulled on the denim shorts and vest, making sure to leave the vest ed. He was quick to leave the room, his stylist stumbling behind him as she tried to keep up with his pace.

“Jongup-ah, we need to put some oil on you before we start!” She yelled from behind and he halted.

“Oil? What for?”

“To define your muscles. Your manager requested for it.”

Jongup cocked his eyebrow as the woman flipped the cap of the bottle open with a pop.

“It’s just baby oil, stop freaking out.”

Jongup stood awkwardly by the side as he let himself be manhandled by his stylist and Dahee who was all too eager to help. He could feel the prickly feeling of someone staring. His eyes traveled the whole studio as he looked for the one staring at him till his eyes fell on Himchan and he saw the man boring holes into the females’ heads. Jongup smirked to himself and decided to torture Himchan even more.

“Dahee, could you get that spot just by my collarbones for me? Soyou must have missed it.” Jongup said sweetly as Dahee poured a ton of baby oil into her palm.

Dahee carefully rubbed her hands over his chest despite him just asking for some on his collarbones and Jongup was acting as though it was heavenly feeling her hands all over him just to annoy Himchan. Jongup looked to where the camera was, only to see that Himchan was no longer there. He marched his way up to Sunwoo, demanding to know about Himchan’s whereabouts.

“Where the hell is Himchan?”

“I don’t know. He just left in a huff.”

Jongup groaned and his heel, determined to find the photographer. He stopped in his tracks when Sunwoo spoke up.

“I think you pushed him over the edge with that whole teasing thing. He’s really weak at heart y’know. He gets jealous easily.”

“What does he have to be jealous about?”

“Well aren’t you two a couple?”

“Couple? Why would you even think that?”

“Well it’s obvious the two of you like each other. He was talking about you the whole day after your first photoshoot here. He told me you confessed but didn’t tell me what happened afterwards. He rejected you didn’t he? I swear to god, that idiot will never let him give in to his own happiness. You better go find him before he does something stupid. He’s probably in the coffee room.”

Jongup shot a thanks at Sunwoo and rushed out of the set. He ignored the hungry stares coming his way and trudged down the stairs to the coffee room. The automatic doors slid open as he took hurried steps towards the nervous man making coffee at the end of the room.

“You’re such an idiot.”

“E-excuse me?”

“You like me, don’t you?”

“Jongup, I thought I made it clear that I’m not interested right now.”

“Says the man who was ogling me from behind the camera.”

“I have no idea what you’re talking about.”

“Sunwoo told me, Himchan. He told me that you wouldn’t stop talking about me when I left the day we met. You so have a crush on me.”

 “Sunwoo is stupid. He makes things up.”

“Himchan, I can see it in your eyes.”

“My eyes are lying.”

“Himchan, now you’re being stupid. I know you like me so why don’t you just give in?”

“We’ve only known each other for barely a week! How do you expect me to jump into a relationship when I don’t even know you?!”

“So you do like me?”

“That’s not the point.”

“Why can’t you just give in to what your heart wants?”

“Jongup, it’s not as easy as that.”

Jongup sighed as Himchan continued blabbering crap about them barely scraping by with their careers and something else he wasn’t listening to. He mustered all the courage in him and threw himself forward.

He gripped Himchan’s face between his hands and pressed his lips against Himchan’s. Jongup felt a jolt of electricity go through his body as their lips connected in a soft, pillowy kiss. He slowly pulled himself away and looked at Himchan with his puppy eyes.

“Don’t you dare tell me that you didn’t feel the sparks.”

 

 

 

A/N: I don’t even know where I’m going anymore but yay I updated. Writing himup was pretty fun. Comment, Sub and Upvote ^_^ Buhbye~ 

 

So I'm basically giving an update on what I've written since the last time I updated this and other stuff! I hope you guys give these stories a read

On Rainy Days - DaeJae (Songfic, Angst)

I've Seen You Around - Himup (?)

Bipolar - Banglo (Ongoing, Mainly Angst)

B.A.P Drabble Dump - banglo, himup and daejae

Thank you and have a very nice day <3 Will update this soon (possibly a daejae or banglo chap, maybe both)