Beginning

Ordinary People (ch 12 rewritten ^_^)
 
“One more photoshoot and I’m done!”
 
 
Himchan fist pumped in his head. He’d been on a roll for two days straight and he was hoping for it to continue for the rest of the week. 
 
 
He didn’t want to believe at first but he had a strong feeling that it was because of Jongup. Boy did Jongup do wonders to his attitude.
 
 
“Someone’s in a good mood today. How hard did Jongup you?”
 
 
Himchan rolled his eyes at the sight of Dahee and Sunwoo inviting themselves into his cubicle, sitting on boxes filled with the latest magazine issue. 
 
 
“It’s none of your business. And speaking about business, don’t you guys have work to do?”
 
 
“Work can wait. Now spill.”
 
 
“What exactly do you guys want to know?”
 
 
“Everything that happened in the coffee room and after.”
 
 
“We made up, made out and confessed. As simple as that.”
 
 
“So you two are together now? Never did I think I would see the day Kim Himchan got himself some lovin’.”
 
 
“Shut up you little and for your information, I myself am not sure of where we stand.”
 
 
“What do you mean you’re not sure?! You guys made out in the coffee room and confessed!”
 
 
“But he didn’t ask me to be his boyfriend or anything.”
 
 
“Both of you are such huge idiots it hurts.”
 
 
“What did I do now?!”
 
 
“He made out with you! Obviously you guys are together!”
 
 
“That doesn’t necessarily make us a couple. Jongup may not want that type of relationship.”
 
 
“I swear to god Kim Himchan, I am a ninety nine percent positive that Jongup wants this too.”
 
 
“Then there’s still a one percent chance he doesn’t want anything.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Himchan took a deep breath. The aroma of coffee beans and cocoa powder did little to calm him down unlike most times.
 
 
He tugged at the hem of his sweater and his fingers played with his newly dyed locks. He’d been into Sunwoo’s plan of dyeing his hair ash blonde and he actually liked it.
 
 
Himchan’s eyes traveled to the entrance as the bell dinged again. The air seemed to still as Jongup entered the small, cosy cafe. He didn’t seem to notice Himchan’s presence just yet as he ordered, shamelessly flirting with the petite barista on the other side.
 
 
Himchan scowled at how Jongup let the small female’s hand linger on his. He held his breath as Jongup shot the girl his winning smile, earning a flirtatious giggle from the love struck worker. 
 
 
It was only five minutes but it felt like hours watching them. Jongup was finally swaggering up to Himchan’s table, his sunny smile still spread across his face. Himchan felt out of place with his frown. 
 
 
Jongup seemed to notice his sour mood and sat down hesitantly.
 
 
“What’s with the frown, sunshine?” Jongup questioned him nonchalantly, covering up the anxiety in his voice. 
 
 
“Sunshine? Did you call her sunshine too?”
 
 
“Himchan, what are you going on about?”
 
 
“Jongup, answer me. What are we?”
 
 
“I’m Jongup and you’re Himchan. I’m a model and you’re a photographer.” Jongup chirped, breaking out in cold sweat underneath the facade.
 
 
“It’s not funny, Jongup. If you plan on just playing with me after telling me you like me then surrender now. I don’t need the additional stress.”
 
 
“Playing with you?”
 
 
“You still don’t get it now do you? Let me make this simple for you. Are we a couple or are we just friends or what? Make it clear for me Jongup, I’m confused. Am I your boyfriend? What am I to you?”
 
 
Himchan stared into Jongup’s uncertain eyes. Every second that past made him feel even more uneasy. 
 
 
His heart clenched at the sight of Jongup gaping at him. His lower lip quivered unconsciously. 
 
 
He didn’t know what he was expecting but he was hoping for an answer at least. Something to reassure him.
 
 
“Is it really that hard to answer me?”
 
 
“Himchan, will you be my boyfriend?”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Junhong squealed into his pillow. He could still hear Yongguk’s voice resonating from the lower floor as his mother spoke to him about their lessons.
 
 
He could still feel the elder’s warmth surrounding his body and he would be lying if he said he didn’t miss the man’s arms wrapped around him. 
 
 
Sure it was weird that his mother found them hugging outside their door when all she wanted to do was get a breath of fresh air but Junhong was more occupied with the fact that Yongguk had walked him to his door step like in the movies. 
 
 
Junhong rushed to the window the moment he heard the front door swinging open. He peeked out from the second floor, a bright grin spread across his face.
 
 
Yongguk came swaggering out, bowing his head as Mrs Choi guided him out. 
 
 
Junhong waited for his mother to leave the premises before he called out Yongguk’s name.
 
 
“Thanks again for everything! See you tomorrow for our lesson.”
 
 
“My pleasure kiddo, see ya!”
 
 
Junhong giggled as he waved a little to excitedly, eliciting a low chuckle from Yongguk.
 
 
Junhong yelped when his door was pushed open and his mother stepped through the doorway, cocking an eyebrow at his awkward behaviour. 
 
 
“How have your music lessons been going, Junhong?”
 
 
“Splendid. Yongguk-ssi has taught me quite a bit about classical musicians and the like.”
 
 
“That’s nice. He seems to have done a lot for your behaviour too. You haven’t done anything in two weeks.”
 
 
“He’s pretty strict with me.”
 
 
Junhong anxiously glanced at his mother’s face. He hadn’t talked to her in a bit and it all felt foreign to him. 
 
 
“Is there anything else you need, mom?”
 
 
“Junhong, I’m getting remarried.”
 
 
“Remarried? To who?”
 
 
“He’s an old classmate from college. We met up for a reunion and things happened. We were an old campus couple but we broke up the moment my dad set up my marriage to your father.”
 
 
“Does dad know?”
 
 
“I told him this morning and he says that he’s fine with it. We’ve signed the divorce papers and everything is settled. I was just waiting to tell you. I’m sorry, honey.”
 
 
“It’s fine mom. Your happiness is what matters and if he makes you happy, then so be it.”
 
 
“You’re okay with this?”
 
 
“Yeah I am. Go live your life how you want to.”
 
 
“Thank you, honey. I love you so much.”
 
 
“Mom, what’s going to happen to dad then?”
 
 
“He’s moving to Japan next month to set up another branch. You’re going to be staying here with me unless you’d rather be with your dad then that’s fine too.”
 
 
“I’ll stay here. But I have something I’d like to talk to you about.”
 
 
“What is it love?”
 
 
“Please don’t get mad when I say this but I’m in love with someone and that someone happens to be a guy.”
 
 
“Junhong, we’ve talked about this and I’ve given you my thoughts.”
 
 
“I’m asking you to try and reconsider mom. All I want is for you to approve.”
 
 
“Junhong, I’m not too sure.”
 
 
“Please mom! This is all I will ever ask for, I promise!”
 
 
“I’ll think about it Junhong.”
 
 
Junhong stared at his mother wide eyed before launching at her, pulling her into a tight embrace.
 
 
“Thank you so much mom! I love you.”
 
 
“Anything for my boy.”
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
word count: 1,223
Playlist:
Coffee Shop - B.A.P
Born Singer - Bangtan
Kiss Me - Princess Disease
Kill Bill - Brown Eyed Girls
 
a/n: so now Junhong’s mom has a change in attitude. Daejae for the next update