Jung Daehyun, Moon Jongup & Choi Junhong

Ordinary People (ch 12 rewritten ^_^)

Youngjae padded his way up the stairs, his hoodie being his only sheild from the harsh wind. He tucked his coffee into his shirt as he tried not to trip on the slippery stairs. The soles of his shoes squeaked against the tiled steps as he left the flurry of students for his own refuge. He could hear someone calling out to him, probably a teacher asking him to do yet another favour for them. Youngjae ignored the calls and just quickened his steps, eager to leave the world for just a little while.

He let out a deep breath when he finally made it to the top, twisting the door knob as he stepped out onto the roof. He didn't mind the drizzle as long as it didn't ruin his coffee. That was the only thing Youngjae loved about his campus, the good coffee. Youngjae sat himself at his usual spot, pulling off his hoodie and using it as a mat for his book and sandwich. 

The rainwater had already formed a puddle in his shoes but he could care less. His coffee was still piping hot when he pulled his hand out of his shirt, the steam forming clouds above the cup. Youngjae wouldn't admit it but he was actually shivering from excitement to finally be able to drink his favourite coffee after the long break between semesters. He put the cup to his lips, getting a whiff of the hot beverage. He tiled the cup, the liquid just touching the top of his lips when he started sputtering. Youngjae closed his eyes and tried to listen out for the voice again.

"Hey.". There it was again. That voice. Youngjae put down his cup, not bothering to hide his anger. He looked up to face the perpetrator, his full lips stretched out into a smile. "Who the hell are you and what do you want from me?" Youngjae hissed, trembling with anger. 

"I'm Jung Daehyun. I wanted to have my lunch with you.". Youngjae noted the thick busan accent lacing the male's voice. "The cafeteria is downstairs in the East wing, not here." Youngjae grumbled, shifting to the side under the shelter to make way for Daehyun. "I don't like the cafeteria. It's too noisy and all the jocks throw food at me. I hate seeing them waste such good food like that." Daehyun murmured as he settled himself down next to Youngjae. He draped his coat on the ground let his brown lunch bag sit there. "So why do you want to sit with me? The roof's huge. You can sit anywhere you want yet you choose to sit with me." Youngjae mumbled, taking a bite of his ham sandwich. "I've seen you around school and you look like you have no friends. I want to be your friend."

"You know what? The reason I don't have friends is because I genuinely dislike everyone. So what makes you think you're fit to become someone I don't loathe?" 

"Because you're talking to me. You never talk to anyone.".

Youngjae stumbled over his words as he tried to come up with a good reply, opting to stay silent after gaping at the male like a fish. 

"I think you're coffee is getting cold." Daehyun muttered, pointing at the long abandoned cup. Youngjae groaned when he sipped on the liquid and indeed, it was now ice cold. 

             (● ̄(エ) ̄●)

Himchan cursed under his breath as yet another ungrateful customer cursed at him through the phone. Hey, it wasn't his fault that the interviewers thought that it would be okay to ask about an actor's life. He was just the photographer. He'd thought of just hanging up but he knew that it would cost a lot more than to reprint the whole damn magazine. He couldn't hold back the urge to bang his head on his laptop as the customer droned on and on about how the questions were too 'personal' and were 'inappropriate'. He couldn't give a flying about the interview questions when he had a ton of photoshoot pictures to edit before the night ended. Himchan so needed to hire more people to do these things for him. 

He finally slammed the phone down when the customer put him on hold and lifted his head to find his secretary staring back at him, chewing on her lower lip. "I'm sorry to interrupt sir but a man from some agency called and asked whether you could slot it a last minute photoshoot in two hours. It's for some rookie model's portfolio.". Himchan felt sorry for his poor secretary, she was terrified of him whenever he was tired.

"How much is he willing to pay?" Himchan asked monotonously, not really caring because he could use any amount of money right now. "The man mumbled something about $2000 over the phone.". Himchan perked up at the answer. He'd been so used to earning measly amounts for his pictures, even 50 bucks sounded like a bar of gold to him. "I'll take it. Tell Sunwoo to get the sets ready and you could be a darling and call the stylists in." Himchan chirped, skipping off to get his equipment ready.

He'd let it fly over his head that he was shooting for a model. Models were the worst. Too demanding and all of them looked dead with their sunken in cheeks and sleepy eyes. Himchan was too busy caring about the money. He didn't even mind a thousan angry customers yelling at him if it meant he would hit the jackpot. Himchan hopped about the set as he helped Sunwoo prep the colourful bright background boards around the large warehouse. Himchan jumped at the sound of someone clearing his throat and spun to see an unfamiliar man and a blonde boy standing next to him. "You must be the photographer, Kim Himchan. Well, I'm Kang Sechan and this here is the rookie model I talked to your secretary about. His name is Moon Jongup." The stout man boomed, his voice raspy and ancient sounding. 

Himchan's eyes darted to the rookie, jaw slackening when he noticed his foxy eyes and protruding collar bones. He didn't look a single bit like a model. Himchan had to admit that this Moon Jongup looked a bit like a star but he was not one to judge. Himchan grinned and pulled Jongup into the spotlight, checking out for his best angles. "I don't mean to be blunt or anything but you're really hot." Himchan muttered in awe, giggling when Jongup looked at him with bewildered eyes. 

"Well then, I'll leave him in your hands. I'll be back in about an hour or two to pick Jongup up. Have fun and work hard." The man smiled softly, dragging his feet out of the building. "We should get started." Himchan mumbled, pushing Jongup into one of the seats in front of the large white mirrors. "Can count on the managers to not specify what they want. I think just a bit of eye liner would do for him. Maybe something to sharpen his jawline and define his nose." Himchan rambled, discussing the best clothes for Jongup with the stylist. 

Jongup watched every single one of Himchan's moves and admired the way he glided around the place, all excited about his work. "You're cute." Jongup blurted out, eyes widening when he realised that he'd voiced his thoughts aloud. Jongup cooed on the inside when Himchan blushed madly and smiled shyly. "Thanks, I guess.". The two hadn't shared anymore words as the stylists fluttered around him like his fairy-god mothers, getting him ready for the ball like in Cinderella. 

"He looks wonderful. Thank you girls for being amazing." Himchan smiled brightly, praising the females as they giggled like a bunch of school girls when a jock flashes them a smile. Jongup felt his heart racing when Himchan dragged him onto one of the sets. It had a black background, contrasting his totally white outfit. Jongup bit on his tongue nervously, nearly making it bleed. "Okay, so just be comfortable. Pose any way you want and if you have no idea what to do, I'l give you some instructions." Himchan cheered from behind his camera. 

Himchan gave the model some time to get comfortable with the set and he nearly died when Jongup started posing. His heart pounded against his rib cage and he could feel his blood travelling down South. Boy, this was going to be a long night for the two of them.

(● ̄(エ) ̄●)

Yongguk dropped his belongings onto his desk, lyric sheets floating to the ground and pencils rolling on his switch board. " entertainment companies and their high expectations." Yongguk moaned, kicking off his high tops and throwing his jacket to the other side of the studio, leaving himself in his wife beater. "Rough day?". Yongguk sighed when the familiar voice echoed in the small room. "Don't you have work to do Jiho?" Yongguk hissed, rubbing circles against his temples. He could just feel the on coming headache. "I've finished all my projects, did some recording for my new mixtape and I learnt how to fry an egg. I'm pretty sure I'm done for the day.". There's no winning with Jiho.

"So is 'annoying Yongguk' the last thing on your agenda?" Yongguk asked monotonously, rearranging his papers and stationary to calm himself down. "Not really. Some woman called in just now. I did research on her and she ended up being some huge CEO's wife." Jiho paused, falling into the seat next to Yongguk and making sure he was paying attention before continuing. "She wants someone to tutor her son in music."

"I'm so not taking the job. I've had enough of tutoring spoilt brats."

"Hold up, you didn't even let me finish talk."

"What's there to it? The son is hot or something. Jiho, I'm straight."

"Yeah he's hot but there's something else you should know. His name is Choi Junhong. That name ring a bell?"

"Wait, you mean the Choi Junhong? As in the one who won against me at last year's battle of the year? I hated that kid. Bloody boy made people mock me."

"The same one. Choi Junhong is her son. The best part is, she wants you to teach him how to play the piano because he's too caught up with rapping and she hates it. I wonder what she'd do if she found out her precious son is an underground rapper." Jiho trailed off, leaving for his own world. 

Yongguk took this as a chance to slip out of his seat and check through the main phone's record list, redialling the unknown number. "Hello, is this Mrs Choi?" Yongguk asked in his most sophisticated tone. He could hear her impressed hum and did a little happy dance. He was already winning her over. 

"This is Bang Yongguk. Jiho told me that you called and that you were looking for a music tutor for your son."

"Ahh yes, I was hoping Jiho would do it because he's pretty famous. Do you know how to play the piano darling?"

Yongguk rolled his eyes at the pet name he'd just received.

"I actually do know how to play Mrs Choi. Fourteen years of experience. I've even played on stage with Yiruma and featured in one of his songs. Plus, I've got some violin experience unde my belt. I listen to nothing but classical music." Yongguk lied, stifling the chuckle when he heard the woman gasp in amazement. 

"Oh that's wonderful. Well, I'll take whatever I can get. Could you come by tomorrow around five then? Junhong has school till one, basketball practice till three and additional math till half past four." The woman muttered worriedly, afraid that Yongguk would turn her down.

"I'll be there.".

Yongguk grinned to himself when he put the phone down. Yongguk was so going to teach her precious son a lesson for embarrassing him on stage.

 

 

A/N: My chapter is short as per usual. I'm going to delete the other chapters after I publish this so don't be surprised when they're all gone. Hope you guys like this new revamped version :) Oh yeah guys~, I've bought my tickets for Dalmatian in Singapore :D Can't wait for April 6th yooo

Buhbye~