Wake Up

Rebound?

        Kevin was in shock for a few minutes. He sat there, staring at the boy that was sleeping on his chest. A feeling of guilt washed over him. He was the reason for Kiseop's tears. It killed him to see his hyung so upset and it was worse now that he knew he was to blame.

        Kevin held Kiseop tight, and started to cry again. He never ment to hurt his friend. Kevin felt Kiseop begin to tremble and sweat. His fever was getting worse. Kevin shook him awake.

        "I don't want to go to practice today." Kiseop mumbled, snuggling into Kevin's chest.

        "Kiseop wake up!"said Kevin in an urgent tone.

        He shook him harder and Kiseop's eyelids fluttered open. He looked at Kevin with sleepy eyes, making the boy's heart melt. Was Kevin starting to fall for Kiseop?

        "You're burning up sweetie. You need to tell me where you keep your fever reducer, if you have any."said Kevin, Kiseop's sweaty hair.

       Kiseop was half asleep and his eyelids started to close again.

        "I'll just go look for them then."said Kevin trying to slide Kiseop off of him so he could get up.

         "Please don't go."said Kiseop, clinging to the younger boy's shirt.

        "It's ok, I'll be right back."Kevin assured him, gently unhooking Kiseop's fingers from his shirt.

        Kiseop let his arm fall on the mattress and he started to doze off again. Kevin noticed that he was shivering and he hurried to search or medicine.

        Kevin searched through the bathroom drawers, the kitchen cabinets, and even in Kiseop's dresser. He finally found an assortment of medicines on top of the refrigerator. There were vitamins, which Kevin assumed Kiseop didn't take because he bottle was still sealed. There was a bottle of laxative, heartburn medicine, pain reliever, digestion pills, nose spray, allergy pills, eye drops, and finally a bottle of fever reducers.

        Kevin quickly snatched the bottle of fever reducer and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge. He hurried back to Kiseop's room as fast as he could.

 

        Kevin forced Kiseop into a sitting position and helped him take the pill.  
 
        "I think you need to go to the doctor." said Kevin.
 
        Kiseop didn't reply because he was already asleep again.
 
        Kevin sighed and grabbed his cell phone off of the night table.  He dialed Soohyun's number and waited for his hyung to answer.
"Yeboseyo," Soohyun answered.
 
        "Hyung, Kiseop's sick." said Kevin in a worried tone.
 
        "Ok, why are you calling me?" asked Soohyun, confused.  
 
        "Hyung he needs to go to the doctor but he won't get up.  I'm really worried." said Kevin.
 
        Soohyun could hear the concern in his voice.
 
        "Are you at his house?" he asked.
 
        "Ne," Kevin replied.
 
        "I'll be right there." the leader answered, ending the call.
Kevin sighed in relief and put his phone back on the night table.  He looked down at Kiseop, who's head was in his lap.  He placed a kiss on his sweaty forehead and whispered, "Don't worry, leader's coming."