You Said Yes?

How the Day Met the Night

-You actually said yes?

-Yah...

 

Zhou Mi's friend was scandalised. He only stared at him like if he was some kind of retard. The chinese man sighed. Of course his friend would react that way, he said yes to meeting a total stranger.

 

-It's going to be okay, Henry.

-Yah, I hope so! Where are you two going to meet?

-I don't know.

-What?

-I just said yes, we didn't prepare anything. Calm down, please, I already planned on going somewhere public.

-Want me to come?

 

Henry smiled widely, begging his friend with his eyes to say yes. The taller man shook his head, then smiled.

 

-I'm grateful to know you are worried, but she didn't ask you, she asked me. I don't want to make her unconfortable if she is really who she tells me she is.

-Aw, come on! What if she is cute? You are gay anyway, I am not!

 

Zhou Mi started to laugh, going forward to his classes, saying to his good friend he would take her number if she is really cute. Henry stayed behind, not being in the same program as his old friend, smiling.

 

As he walked to go in class, reading his manual while walking, the tall man thoughts were not entirely on the book. Did he made the good choice in saying yes? It was still bothering him. Maybe he would feel more at ease once they would have decided on when and where they would meet. As long it was in public, there should be no problem. Plus, LadyDal did proposed the meeting, but maybe she was as insecure as him, even more because of her recent breakup. It was probably this. She just needed someone to talked to, and as he recalled his past conversations, she didn't seemed to have a lot of friends.

 

He went back at the dorm with Henry at the end of the day, inviting him over to eat and hear him play some of his violin. The Canadian was a student in music, which instead of having a lot of studies and sheets of questions to answer, he had tons of concerts and practices, plus classes on compositions and all the stuff musicians were doing for a living. It was as much work, only a different style.

 

-You want us to eat first or you want me to play something sweet while you are eating in my face?

-I like the second idea most, but I'll go with the first one.

 

He smiled when Henry glared at him. The chinese man went to his fridge and took out a meal he had done during the week-end, too busy the rest of the time to cook at all. He gave another lunch to his friend and heated it up in the microwave. They then sat down, their meal prepared, in front of the computer to watch some videos.

 

-Hey, Zhou Mi.

-Yah?

-You are going to tell me when you are going to meet her, right?

-Sure.

-I won't spy or anything...

-I know, you have as much work to do than me, you won't have the time to.

 

He smiled.

 

Henry played a few songs, criticizing his performances everytime, saying he wasn't good enough yet. It always surprised Mi how much he was hard on himself, saying he had to practise more when he was playing hours everyday. To his ears, he was excellent! Everytime, he was able to impress him by playing his instrument in a better way than before, and he would prove everytime that the delicate sound of a violin could always be better. The Canadian left some time later, having a part time job in a bar as an entertainer. Zhou Mi went there once to see his friend play, he wasn't surprised to hear all the compliments clients were saying while Henry was too busy playing.

 

Henry left, leaving Zhou Mi alone in his room. He had tons of homework to do, but this friday night, he didn't want to to them right away. He had a part time job too, like every student, and he was working big shifts the week-end to have time for his studies the week. It was hard, but nice, since he was working as an helper in a hospital. You know, the person going around the hospital to deliver papers, and sometimes, helping nurses moving around people. It was nice, since he wanted to work there later on. He had a lot of help from his collegues too, so it was for his best interest.

 

Though tonight, he wanted to play a little, but mostly chat with LadyDal.

 

''Well, hello thar, KingTàyáng~''

''Let me guess, you watched those funny videos again''

''You are knowing me too well, my King.''

 

Zhou Mi smiled, sitting more confortably on his chair.

 

''I am guessing you want to plan our meeting'' added LadyDal.

''I am. That and to have a little fun before my busy week-end''

''Your week-ends are always busy, so are your weeks. It's a good thing you actually do something else, or else you would over work yourself and be sick. That would be sad''

''Don't worry, I am listening to myself and taking care of my health.''

''If you don't mind, I would like to give you my e-mail. It's not that I don't trust the chatbox for giving personnal information, but...yah...''

''Oh sure, go ahead, I'll send you a e-mail, you'll have mine in the same time''

 

LadyDal gave him her e-mail and Zhou Mi sent her one, saying ''Hello'' like if they didn't talk just a second ago. Well, he didn't just write this, of course. He asked her when and where she would like to meet so he could free up a moment in his agenda.

 

She answered a few minutes later, the time she gets the e-mail, read it and answer it.

 

''There is that little restaurant downtown, a small café just in front of the subway. I think it would be a good place to meet. If I recall correctly, you are going to be on a break in two weeks, so what about then?''

 

Zhou Mi answered.

 

''Perfect with me. Give me the adress, though, I don't know the downtown that much. I'll check with my job for a day off.''

 

He received the adress and gave her a date. They then decided to meet up for lunch. He was happy she actually chose a public place, it was better that way for a first meeting. Zhou Mi excused himself from the game, saying he had to work the day after, which was totally true, went in the shower and went to bed. He'll have to tell Henry about it, like he promised he would. That should make him feel better.

 

 

 

----------------------------------

I'm posting this while reading my giant book called ''Tout sur l'art'' (Everything on Art) and putting notes on post-it in it XD

I'm already afraid of my schedule, I am just looking at what I was given as homeworks just from the three first days and I'm scared. I'll be alright, though, I knew it would get harder and harder with time. I think I'll still have time to write everyday, so you still get chapters :33