Something Is Off

How the Day Met the Night

Something was off. He didn't know what, but something was off and he didn't like it. Henry was back to normal, almost, and that was what was so weird. Zhou Mi still didn't know the reason why Henry was so pissed a few days ago, almost a week back, and even Kyuhyun was silent about it. It was just...He knew something was wrong, but he didn't know what to ask. Maybe he could get Kyuhyun to talk...

 

 

No, he would forget what he wanted to ask even before he would have the time to get him to talk.

 

Henry would be impossible to crack, though. That guy was so loyal to others and himself, getting him to say something wouldn't be because he would have use some tricks, it would be because he decided to talk on his own, with the permission of whoever is involve. He would accept the gift without saying anything, corrumpting Henry was as easy as making a penguin fly over the ocean...

 

That was a cute picture. Flying penguins...

 

Wait no, concentrate. What the hell is going on for Henry to be this unconfortable? It wasn't like him and his silence was somehow telling him that he, Zhou Mi, was involved into all this. The chinese student sighed and let himself fall on his bed, staring at the ceiling. It was bugging him more than he though it would. He stood up after a while, going to his computer. Maybe he could try to get Kyuhyun on the game and ask him...

 

Uhn? A new e-mail?

 

...Heechul?

 

His heart tightened. Why was he talking to him now? The e-mail was from a week and an half ago...He had been so busy with his last week of school and Kyuhyun's presence he didn't even bother to check his e-mails, so it wasn't much of a surprise that he didn't saw it before. Still, he was scared to open it. Three years without any news, and now that life was nice enough with him to let him go over his broken heart and find the perfect guy, it had to thrown that old scar back in his face. His fingers suddenly felt cold, lifeless. His heart skip a beat, but not in a good way. He swallowed with difficulty and clicked.

 

''Hello Jomiryo!

 

I am sorry for the lack of e-mails...well, actually, I should say sorry for not saying anything for three years, this is really horrible from me, especially with all the e-mails you send me. I feel really bad, I really do, so if you are not to angry, please read me out.

 

I'm back in town, for good.

 

Can...we meet?

 

I pretty sure we have a lot to say to each other.

 

Please answer me soon.

 

Heechul.”

 

-How can I even answer you...

 

He sighed and closed the window. He couldn't. He wasn't mad, he was only sad. He was sad that Heechul had made him confused for so long, and when he was finally able to move on, certain he wouldn't come that, that he had forgotten him, his hyung was back. Shoud he talk with Kyuhyun about this? Wouldn't that make him jealous?

 

No, he had no reason to be, he was over Heechul. Kyuhyun was the only one in his heart now...Of course, there was a little space for Henry, that guy was his best friend after all.

 

Yeah, he would have to talk to Kyuhyun. He wouldn't answer until it was done.

 

-Yeah, I should keep anything to myself, I don't want him to worry. Heechul is in the past...I'm talking to myself again...

 

He chuckled softly before going up, smiling. Of course it was the past, it had been three years, Heechul was back, but it wasn't the same. He had moved on...

 

So why the tears? Why would it hurt him so much, why did he had to fall on his knees to cry. He had Kyuhyun, the best boyfriend he ever had; he had Henry, the best friend he could ever have and he had a life that was worth it, so why did he needed to come back now? It was luck that Kyuhyun wasn't there, he didn't want him to think he didn't love him. Of course he did, though the pain was unbearable. It was too much, it took him so long to get over it, and now it was thrown back at him.

 

He still had to anwser that e-mail.

 

It took a little while before he calmed down and stood up, going in his bathroom to clean up his face with cold water. To clear his mind. He met his eyes in the mirror and sigh.

 

-You look like , Zhou Mi.

 

He rubbed his eyes and breathe deeply. It may have hurt him, crying actually helped him a lot. He hadn't been able to do so before. The young man walked out of the bathroom and stared at his empty appartment. His eyes traveled across the room and a big smile appeared on his face when he saw that Kyuhyun had forgotten his jacket on his desk chair. He hadn't realise, he would forget things often. Kyuhyun was coming around so much, it felt natural to have his things around. Zhou Mi approached his chair and grabbed the cloth.

 

Yeah, he had loved Heechul, but Kyuhyun was number one now. There was no doubts.

 

He sat on his chair and reopened his e-mail.

 

''When and where do you want to meet?''

 

Those eight words were harder to write than they should have. It was short, and though he erased and rewrite his thoughts a dozen of times, it was the only answer he could give for now. Did he really wanted to see Heechul? To be honest, he didn't want to, but it would help him close that chapter for good.

 

His cellphone started to vibrate on his desk, making him jump. Zhou Mi took his phone and checked it.

 

''Are you busy? I have this extra ticket for that new movie, and since you finished school, I though you might want to relax <3''

 

Oh Kyuhyun, he sure knew how to lift Zhou Mi's spirit up, even without knowing it.

 

''I'm not busy. When do I meet with you?''

''The movie starts in two hours. Wanna do something before it starts?

''Sure! I'll meet you up in a few minutes.''

''I'm on my way to your place, see you later!''

''Later! Love you <3''

''Love you too <3''

 

He stared at his cellphone with an idiotic smile. The sadness from the e-mail had just completely disappear. It took him a second to realise he had to get ready, running to the bathroom to clean his face and get rid of his red eyes.

 

Henry had just finish to work, his violin case next to him as he was putting together his sheets of paper. It had been a few days since he had seen Heechul, and had to see the confrontation between him and Kyuhyun, and he still hadn't the courage to say anything to Zhou Mi. How could he? He knew how much his friend had suffered during the past three years, how could he break his happiness now?

 

Someone tapped on his shoulder.

 

-Hi Mochi...

-Hey Heechul.

 

Henry looked behind him, looked back at his things, put them in his case and then turned around, half smiling.

 

-...You are not asking me how I know you work here, asked Heechul, a little surprised.

-No. I know you too much for that.

-Mind explaining me a little what I missed? Who the hell was that guy?

-...Kyuhyun? Like he said, he is Zhou Mi's actual boyfriend.

-Since when?

-Some time now.

-You aren't going to talk, are you?

-Nope. You shouldn't be talking to me, though I still think seeing Zhou Mi now isn't a good idea.

-Why's that, finally snapped the elder. Can't someone explain to me what the hell is going on!

 

The musician sighed. He grabbed his case and walked towards the exit, followed by his old friend. The elder wasn't the patient type, and the silence of his friend was getting annoying, though pushing him wouldn't give him anything anyway.

 

Still, Heechul wasn't the patient type at all.

 

-So?

-So what?

-Henry!

-Everyone turned against him, Heechul. Since I took his side, no one is talking to me either. It's been over a year and an half of that, even more.

-What are you talking about?

 

Henry let go of a loud grunt before turning around and waving his case in front of his old friend, almost hitting him with it. The elder back off.

 

-What the hell?!

-You are a retard, idiotic smartass! And I really think what I'm saying! You didn't deserve a guy like Zhou Mi in the first place!

 

Heechul was about to say something, but he only shut his mouth and groaned.

 

-You still are my friend, Heechul, and I know you didn't want to hurt him, but it was hell for three year for him and you just had to come back when everything was going better. He should explain it to you, but...argh!

 

Explaining the whole story to his old friend was simple, since everytime he would try to defend himself, Henry would smack him at the back of the head. By the time Henry was done, Heechul had the biggest headache ever and felt like he was the biggest jerk of all time. He didn't add anything, and though he knew Henry wasn't really pissed at him, but more pissed at what he had done, he still felt like he had to do something about it.

 

-I have to apologize, Heechul finally said.

-You should. I can't wait to see how Zhou Mi will react...

 

Heechul could almost cut through the sarcasm.

 

A few hours later, Heechul saw the response of his Jomiryo, eight simple words. Those were more eloquent than a whole paragraph. It was clear he wasn't welcomed, but that Mi was way too kind to refuse seeing him.

 

''What about...that café?''

 

He wrote the adress.

 

''Tomorrow afternoon? I'll be there at 1PM.''

 

The next morning.

 

''Alright.''

 

Now, Heechul just had to hope he would show up.

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------------------

I caught a cold. My brain is a mess and I have troubles being focused. I think my writing speed will decrease in the next few days.

It's not that bad, though, as long as I don't get a fever.

Which isn't supposed to happen.