Easy Going

How the Day Met the Night

Zhou Mi had taken the bag of things after their day in town and had left it to the front desk, saying it was to one of the resident. The man was kind enough to keep it, since Zhou Mi assured him that the person in question, the owner of those things, knew he was leaving it there. It would not cause any trouble for him and it would make sure Zhou Mi didn't see Sungmin for some time. The thought of being caught in between those two was almost scarier that being caught in between a girl and a guy. Because in that last case, he didn't have any real attachment to anyone, he was only being kind for a ''friend''.

 

 

Since everytime, he was caught into it because someone had pushed him to, since he was so caring and nice. This time, though, he was friend with one of the two and actually felt like he was taking the side of someone. No need to tell who, that was kind of obvious. Sungmin was probably a good guy, since he did went out with Kyuhyun and both of them had a good relationship at first, but he just didn't trust him, knowing some parts of their relationship because of past conversations on the videogame with LadyDal and what Kyuhyun was sometimes hiding in his words. Little hints of sadness when they were talking about certain subjects, mostly friendship.

 

He actually only realised it while riding the elevator, still thinking about the fact Kyuhyun thought he was straight. It wasn't bothering him that much because he knew it wasn't true. It was nice to know he wasn't giving the I'm-gay-and-everyone-knows-just-looking-at-him feeling, but it also felt weird to be considered as a guy loving girls when he never was surrounded by any of them. Girls just had that instinct of knowing things without really knowing, then falling for what they couldn't have once they reach the point of ''friends''. Girls were weird, wanting things they couldn't have or wishing for things that would never happen. It was almost sad.

 

He walked to his room and sighed. He had said to Henry he would tell Kyuhyun, only to set things straight from the first day. He was right, Zhou Mi wasn't the kind of person hiding things as important as his interests, especially when the guy was in his tastes. How could Kyuhyun not be? Those deep, dark eyes, fluffy hair and those tasty looking lips.

 

He smack his head against his door, trying to get that image out of his head. It was a thing thinking this way with strangers or one-nighters, but a friend? No, that was too much for his innocent mind, as innocent it can be. He opened his door, ignoring the curious looks people were giving him. He closed the door behind him and walked directly to his computer. It was late, but not that much. Just enough to be able to play for an hour or two. Kyuhyun was probably already connected, knowing him that much.

 

''Why hello thar, my king! Already there?''

''How is it you are always connected before me? Are you using some spell to know when I will be there?''

''No, I am just always on it. Helps me being motivated with my homeworks.''

''Doesn't it distract you instead?''

''When you're there, yeah, but then again, not really. I'm the queen of multi-tasking!''

 

It made Zhou Mi laugh so hard he almost fell down his chair. He was still processing the part of him being a girl on the internet, even more now that he had spend more time with him. His low and soft voice was nothing like those high-pitched girl voices he could hear so often around him, mostly in class. He was acting girly on the screen, though, and he had forgotten how many battles he was caught into because they wanted to gain the love of LadyDal. Now that he was thinking about it, Kyuhyun had probably a lot of fun seeing those battles.

 

Even if Zhou Mi didn't care about that pixelised girl at all.

 

''Maybe I should leave you to your homeworks, milady. To much distraction isn't good for you''

''You just connected! I wanted to do that quest we talked about for weeks now! Come one, an hour, then I'm off to study!''

''...Fine.''

''Yay!''

 

Zhou Mi facepalmed. Girly act again, it was just weird, and to some extend, hilarious. He could almost imagine his friend in girly clothes, teasing guys for the hell of it, scaring them off with that low voice of his when thing would get to much out of hand. All that with an evil smirk, like he was doing sometimes when he was teasing him or Henry, the few times they had met up. So many details he didn't know he knew.

 

He played an hour, enough to end that quest he was on about. It had been a nice, but long day and he was really tired. Physically anyway, his mind was racing, still thinking about his day as he closed his computer and went to bed. Next time he would tell him, he still didn't understand fully himself why he hadn't say anything about being gay. There was no reason to be afraid of saying it, he never had trouble saying it to someone, except his concervative parents.

 

He was woken up by his cellphone, ringing next to his bed, so loudly it made him jump out of his dreams. He grabbed the phone quickly and answered, his throat a little sore.

 

-...Hi?

-Did I just woke you up? Maybe I called a little to early again...

 

Zhou Mi looked at the time. Not that early, actually, his alarm was going to ring in an hour, since he had to go to work. He sat on his bed and rubbed the side of his head.

 

-It's okay. What's up, Henry?

-Your bad luck rubbed on me, I got caught in your love drama.

-What do you mean?

-When I went back home, I decided to go by the café, you know, because I wanted to buy that coffee gift thing I saw last time for my collegue, the singer, since her birthday is soon, and...

-Just say it already...

 

He got out of bed and made himself a glass of orange juice, his mind waking up a little to fast for this hour, though it was ten in the morning.

 

-Okay, then. When I got out, that Sungmin guy was there with some of his friends, I guess, and recognized me. So yeah, he's saying thanks and said he would get the stuff this morning.

-Sorry about that.

-No worries, but I think you should try being less involved. Let's just hope it doesn't turn in something ugly again, it would be sad. Kyuhyun is really awesome. I agree to your relationship with him, whatever it is...You think that if I make the joke of giving him a false adress to my work place, he'll have enough humour not to kill me?

-Try it out, if you want. You'll know then.

 

Zhou Mi smiled. If he knew Kyuhyun well, the revenge would be quite entertaining to watch. Something evil, but not too much. Just enough to be funny for them, and unpleasant for Henry. He wouldn't say that to him, though. Revenge for losing an hour of sleep.

 

-You start to work at noon, right?

-Yah, why?

-Got time for a coffee? My treat.

-If you are trying to pay me off as a back-up plan for your joke, you are not doing it so well.

-Me? I would neeeever do that. I don't know what you are talking about.

 

They started to laugh.

 

-I'll go for the coffee, but I'll pay it myself. Just give me some time to get dressed.

-I'm already there, so just come when you can.

-What the hell are you doing there already?

-I'm out of food and I'm too lazy to go get the groceries...

-Forget about it, I am not going there with you. I have to go to work at noon.

-Nothing to convice you?

-Not even if you brought the iest guy in the world to serve me coffee. You can do your groceries on your own. I know you have fans in town, but it's not that bad.

-Alright...Okay, see you later, I'll let you prepare yourself.

-Later.

 

Zhou Mi only changed clothes and grabbed his bag with his work clothes in it, ready to go. He walked to the elevator, his eyes low as he was thinking of the time he would have to leave so he would not be late for work. Probably half an hour was enough, which would give him enough time to get something to eat and a good coffee with it. He steeped inside the elevator, still counting in his head if he could stay a little longer, long enough so he wouldn't feel rushed when he felt someone pulling softly his shirt, making him turn his head, stlightly confused.

 

It took him a while before realising there was really someone beside him, trying to get his attention, actually saying his name.

 

-Oh, hi Sungmin-ah.

 

The smaller man smiled.

 

-I just wanted to thank you for taking my things.

-It's nothing. Was there everything?

-Yah... I have to say, I was a little scared that you might play a trick on me, since you are close to Kyuhyun...

 

Zhou Mi smiled as the door of the elevator opened. He walked out, Sungmin following him.

 

-I wouldn't. Yes, Kui Xian is my friend, but I know that what happened between you two has nothing to do with me, and if I can help, I will. You must have your reason for leaving him, and it's not my place to judge. Have a good day, I'm kind of in a hurry right now.

-Have a nice day too.

 

Zhou Mi started to run, going out of the dorm, hurrying to the café. He wasn't trying to run away from Sungmin, he just didn't want Henry to think he wouldn't come. He finally arrived to the café, smiling at his friend who was waiting for him with a coffee and the best looking donut he had ever seen.

 

-Trying to buy me with that y donut, asked Zhou Mi, smiling and slightly out of breath.

-Get your own, that baby is mine!

-I will right now. Be back in a sec.

 

He came back with a similar breakfeast, sitting in front of Henry, still smiling.

 

-You work in an hour or so, right, Henry asked, with a more serious look.

-Yup. An hour and an half, actually, so an hour here max.

-So I have time to ask you something, right?

-I don't know, depends of what you want.

 

Henry leaned forward, looking around. The smile on his face was enough to make Zhou Mi enter the game, acting like he was going to tell him the biggest secret of his life.

 

-You think LadyDal would play with me too?

-Dunno, ask her. Or him, I don't know anymore.

 

They started to laugh and went in a more decontracted position, Henry using the empty chair next to him as a stand for his feet, eating his donut with a smile.

 

-You have his e-mail, right, Henry asked.

-Yah. I can give it to you, but I will ask him first if he wants to.

-Thank you. If you are interessed, I have a concert next week and I have a few free tickets. I'll check the hours again for the tickets I have and I'll send it your way on text or e-mail. You can bring Kyuhyun on the way if you want.

-You dropped the Kui Xian?

-Now that I know how it is supposed to be said, sure. It's almost a nickname you gave him, after all.

-You want one? I have a few ideas in the back of my head, I'm sure you would like it.

 

The smirk on Zhou Mi's face made the Canadian shake his head.

 

-No thanks, I might end up being called a chipmunk, Kyuhyun would hear it and call me like that in the middle of the street.

-I like that nickname...chipmunk...

-Oh god...

 

The conversation shifted on embarassing nicknames and situations, laughing and joking util Zhou Mi had to get up and go to work, getting change in the bathroom of the café. He used his break at work to text Kyuhyun, asking him if he wanted to go to a concert with him, a concert that Henry was in.

 

''Sure! I want to see if he is really as good as he says.''

''Perfect then, I'll give him your e-mail to send you the informations. Got to go, my break is over''

''Later!''

 

It was weird how this simple promise of seeing each other again made Zhou Mi happy, like if he was really able to have more than one true friend, someone to count on. There was drama going with the package, but it was surely worth it too. He closed his cellphone and went back to work.

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------------------

So....much....to.....DOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!! NIAAAAAAAAH

*goes away, venting on the quatity of homework pilling on her desk*