What I've lost

What To Do?

Yoonhees POV

 

 

The whole day I had the feeling Taecyeon was watching me and I couldn’t help but like his stare. It somehow made me feel wanted. My mood was over the clouds. Happily humming and sorting folders in my little office. I made sure to talk with Taecyeon and touch him ‘unintentionally’.  I liked the feeling of his skin on mine. The compliment I heard in the morning made me happy and I had the feeling that he at least felt sympathy towards me. Without me recognizing it, it was time to end my work and go home. Taecyeon was still busy working and I knocked on the door frame as I entered to tell him I was leaving. He looked up; looking tired but still shot me a bright smile. I felt my heart melting inside my chest and I went closer to him.

“Can I do something for you sir? You look tired…” I asked stopping in front of him. He just shook his head and pointed at the folder he was working on.

“Don’t worry Yoonhee, I’ll finish this soon…” he ran a hand through his hair and I was close to touch his face but could stop my hand in time.

“Are you sure sir? I mean, I can bring you a cup of coffee if you want.” I said.  This time I couldn’t stop my hand from touching his broad shoulder and he looked up as he felt my touch. At first he seemed surprised but then his face softened. Maybe he was shocked because this was the first time I ‘really’ touched him.

“No need. I’m sure you have better things to do.” He answered, took my hand and squeezed it firmly before letting it go. I smiled at this action and nodded. He was right, I had something to do, but I knew it was not better than talking to him. I bowed and said goodbye as I left his office.

 

~~~

 

I reached my apartment a few minutes later. And I was glad, that my working place was so close to my home. Opening the door, I threw my handbag onto the kitchen counter and made my way into my room. I opened the closet and looked through my wardrobe. I went home to change. First, because I didn’t want to meet my ex in working clothes, it was none of his business what I was doing or where I was working and second, I somehow had the feeling that Taecyeon was the only man who was worth it to see me in these clothes. I smiled as his name went through my head. Today it seemed like he showed interest. Maybe I was imagining everything but I had the feeling that he liked it when I touched him. I shook my head at these silly thoughts and pulled out a shirt with a pattern, a thigh jeans and a cardigan. When I was finished with dressing, I went to get my handbag, took on my shoes and left my apartment with a heavy heart. I couldn’t deny that I was frightened. Frightened to meet my ex and my formerly best friend. I decided to walk, I needed the fresh evening air to sort my thoughts and the things I wanted to say to both of them. After fifteen minutes, I reached the little house me and my ex bought years ago. Yes, this little house was ours. After all we were about to get married.

I let out a sigh as I remembered this time. I opened the garden door and went closer to the main entrance. As I rang the bell my heart was already beating like crazy. When I heard steps, I was sure I was close to break down but I pulled myself together. I was no longer the weak and clumsy Yoonhee.

The door opened and in front of me stood Mina, my childhood friend. She looked surprised as she saw me, but then her face darkened and she crossed her arms in front of her chest.

“What do you want?” Was the first thing she said. No hello and no how are you. I blinked, I knew she wouldn’t be happy to see me, but I didn’t expect her to be this cold.

“Hello Mina. Nice to meet you again. I’m her to talk to Himchan. Is he home?” I asked politely and with a smile on my face. She raised an eyebrow and shook her head.

“No, he isn’t at home. But for you he wouldn’t be home even if he was.” She said. I told myself to remain politely so I continued my fake smile.

“Well, ok then. I came here to fetch my remaining stuff and the money he owes me…” I wasn’t even finished before she cut my words.

“Yah. I threw your stuff away, and we don’t owe you money.” She glared at me and this was it. My self-control crumbled like an old cookie.

“Listen carefully Mina. I’m not here to take this back. I’m just here to get back my belongings and the money he needed to buy this house and his company. He owes me a lot, so if you would be so nice and tell him I was here.” I glared back but she just smiled.

“You stupid girl. Have you forgotten that he knows a lot of influent people, so I doubt that he has to pay you back the money you’ve borrowed him. And I already told you, I threw your belongings away.” She answered coldly. Was she really once my best friend? The friend I could rely on no matter what happened? My heart broke at her harsh words. I knew she was no longer the girl I knew.

“I wouldn’t mind the money, as long as you give me back what belongs to me. Do you at least have my father’s photo?” I asked with a shaking voice. This picture was the only important thing to me.

“As I said, I threw it away. And now leave.” She said as she closed the door. Tears started to roll down my face and my heart arched like someone ripped it apart. I slowly turned around and went back on the street, slowly walking back to my apartment, sobbing and sniffing like a three year old kid. It took me way longer to get back home.  I knew I made the decision not to cry about this, but I couldn’t help myself. Again I realised what I’ve lost a year ago, my fiancé, my best friend, my house, my important belongings, my life and mainly…myself.

As I finally reached my apartment, I had a hard time opening the door. Since my sight was blurry from tears that constantly formed. When I finally entered my apartment, I made my way to my bedroom. Without changing my clothes I slumped down on my comfortable bed and let my tears fall. Crying myself into sleep, hoping that tomorrow would be a better day.

 


 

The constantly ringing of my alarm clock woke me up. Since I haven’t slept well, my mood was not good. I was somehow angry that I had to stand up but since work didn’t wait, I had no other chance. With my tired body I made my way into my small bathroom deciding to take a shower. But as soon as I looked into the mirror I got a shock. Was this really me? I looked horrible; red eyes from all the crying and a tired face. I shook my head and decided to forget about it and just take a shower; knowing I had enough make-up to hide my dark circles.  I the shower and waited for it to get the right temperature. Then I took of my clothes and stepped into the welcoming warmth. My tired body reacted immediately. The warm water was heaven for my arching body. I let out a relived sigh and started to wash my body and my hair. Since I had to be fast, it took me only ten minutes to finish my shower. As soon as I got out, I dried myself and maid my way into my bedroom to choose my clothes for the day.

I decided to wear a dress. I bought it a while ago but never had the chance or the longing to wear it. It was a thigh neck holder dress in black. A light brown blazer above it and I was ready. Then I went back into the bathroom looking what I could do with my tired face.

As soon as I finished, I looked into the mirror, stunned what a little bit make-up could do. Sure, I still looked tired but you couldn’t tell that I was crying the whole night, so all in all I was pleased with my work.

I decided to go and fetch a coffee at the nearby shop. I took my purse, put on my shoes and left my apartment, like every day during the week.

 

 

 


Eyy~ hei there :D

I know I promised that Yoonhee is going to meet her ex...but I decided to split this long chapter in two short ones :)

This story is going to end soon O.O Just wanted to inform you, so you can look out for new storys of mine ^-^

My final exams are around the corner...starting next week Ö_Ö

I hope I can update more and longer chapters after that...*fighting*

Ps.: while writing this chapter I listened to Davichi - Be Warmed. A really awesome song, I love it ♥

*anyong*