Pinkie-promise?!

What To Do?

 

Taecyeons POV

 

 

“Come in.” I said as I heard a knock on my office door. When I looked up, I noticed Yoonhee who was standing awkwardly in the doorframe.

“What can I do for you Ms. Kim?” I asked and as she looked up, our eyes met and she flashed a shy smile at me.

“I’m really sorry to disturb you Sir. B-But may I ask you about that ‘present’?” Yoonhee’s eyes sparkled with curiosity and I couldn’t help myself to return her smile from before.

I put my pen down and leaned back in my seat comfortably and pointed to the chair in front of my big desk.

“Come in and have a seat.”

She looked at me, then turned around, closed the door and followed my invitation. For a few seconds I sat still and just looked at her. But as she started to cough uncomfortably, I started to reason my actions.

“I just wanted to apologize. I’m sure you had a reason to hide the trough and since we’re going to work together, I thought it would be better to forget about this.”

I told her with an honest heart. I liked her, she was a nice girl. Even if she had lied to me, I was sure she had a plausible reason. I was really unfair before, so I wanted to apologize.

I knew I had to work with her, so I decided to just forget about it and try to know her better.

Yesterday we hadn’t that much time to talk, but I had the feeling that she was hurt and that another person was the reason. She seemed bright, but the pain in her eyes was obvious. Her voice brought me back, out of my thoughts.

“Sir, you did absolute nothing wrong. I was the one at fault.” She said in a small voice while she lowered her head, ashamed.

“Stop that Yoonhee.” ‘Wait, did I just call her by her name? Upps~ never mind.’ “Let’s end it, nobody is at fault. Ok? It was just a stupid misunderstanding.” I stood up and went to her, as she heard my footsteps, she looked up.

“Let’s shake hands.” I said while I saw her eyes widen. I couldn’t help but to giggle, she looked too cute in her old-fashioned and baggy clothes.

She nodded hesitantly, but it seemed like she had decided, because she shook my hand.

“It’s nice to meet you again.” I said, smiling.

“The pleasure is on my side, Sir.” She answered, holding back her laughter.

“Sorry, Ms Kim. I have to continue my work. This file is really messy.” I excused myself. Now I felt more relaxed, and I think she noticed this.

“Can I bring you a cup of coffee Sir?” She asked politely.

“Hmm. That would be really great. But please, I want to drink the coffee. I don’t want it on my clothes.” I said teasingly and she giggled while she left the room.

 

~~~

A few minutes later Yoonhee came back with a cup of coffee. It smelled awesome, I placed the file on top of the others I was working on, and Yoonhee carefully placed the mug in front of me.

“Thank you.” I smiled and started to stir.

“No need to thank me. That is my job.” She said. I saw that she wanted to say something but then her eyes wandered to the stack of files.

“Is there something wrong?”

“Hu? Oh, no sorry Sir.” She bowed her head.

“No need to apologize. If you want to ask me something don’t hesitate.” I told her with a calming voice.

“O-Ok.” She pointed at the files I was working on. “Have you read all of these files?” As I nodded her eyes grew bigger.

“Omo, that’s really a lot of work. I’m sure it’s really tiring.” I nodded again and took a sip from my coffee before I answered.

“Yeah it is. So I’m really thankful for this coffee. You know, it isn’t a problem if the files are sorted, but some of these are really messy, so it takes a lot of time to sort it out.” She nodded understandingly.

“If you don’t need the messy ones, may you give it to me? I’m sure I’m able to sort it.” She smiled happily at me and at first I didn’t knew how to react.

“A-Are you sure Ms. Kim? I mean these are two of the biggest files. And they are really important to this company.” I said, hesitating.

“I promise I’ll bring them back safe and sorted.” She promised me while offering her hand to me.

First I looked at her hand, then at her face and then back at her hand again.

“It’s a pinkie-promise.” She giggled and I was sure I looked really dumb right now.

“O-Oh, sure.” We linked our pinkies and pressed our thumbs together.

“I promise that the filed will be safe.” She said, took the two biggest files in her hands, bowed and went out.

I blinked a few times, totally confused. ‘Did we just made a pinkie-promise?’ I looked at my hand and then back at my coffee. Confused I continued to drink the warm liquid and sank back into my chair.

“What a day.”

 

 

~~~

 

After another two hours of work, I heard a knock on my door.

“Excuse me, Sir. I just wanted to inform you that I and Yoonhee are leaving.” My old secretary Sujee said as soon as she entered.

“Sure. Oh, Sujee?”

“Yes Sir?” She turned around again as she heard her name. I stood up, went into her direction and stopped before her.

“Tomorrow is your last day, isn’t it?” She nodded and I smiled.

“You don’t need to work tomorrow. Just come and fetch your belongings. I’m sure your fiancé is happy to have you all for him.” I told her with a teasing smile.

“B-But…”

“No buts. That was an order.” I said, still smirking. She smiled back, bowed and left. As I was about to close the door, I saw Yoonhee who was bowing to me.

“Don’t stay too long Sir. It’s not good for your health. I’m leaving.” She bowed again and left together with Sujee.

‘Is she worried about me? Ah~ I’m her boss. If I’m ill she can’t earn money.’ I thought while shaking my head. I went back to my desk and cleaned it. After a few minutes my phone started to ring. I went to my coat and looked for it. As I looked at the screen I saw that my mom was calling me.

‘! I totally forgot about our meeting!’

“Yes? Mom?”

“So you are still alive?” She seemed angry.

“Sorry, I totally forgot about it.” I tried to sound cute but I knew it wouldn’t help anyway.

“Aigoo, are you trying to sound cute? Ok, just come home. I want to have a talk with you.”

Before I could say anything, she hung up.

“Aish! I hate it when she does this.”

 

 

~~~

“Finally! What took you so long to come home?” My mother nagged. I just shook my head in disbelief and entered the house I grew up in.

“Where is dad?” I asked, even if I knew he was still working.

“Silly question. You know that he is still at the company.”

“Yeah, yeah.” I sat on the sofa and leaned back, letting a sigh slip.

“I’m sure you are tired. Do you want a cup of tea?” I looked at my mother but just shook my head.

“No. So why did I had to come?” I asked, already knowing what my mother wanted to know.

“Tell me about your date yesterday.” She told me. ‘I knew it…’

“It was nice.” I sincerely answered.

“Wow. You really mean it.” My mother teasingly said. “Normally you would say the same thing, but now I really believe you.” She giggled at my surprised look.

“How was it? Tell me. Was she pretty? And what about her character, is she nice? Is she as intelligent as her mother told me?” Questions over questions.

“As I said, it was nice, really nice. She was pretty and her character was also really nice. If she is intelligent? I don’t know jet. That is something I have to find out.” I answered tiredly.

“Huh? So you are planning to meet her again?” My mother squeaked.

“Hu? Ah, I forgot to tell you something important. That girl I met yesterday…” My mother was coming closer, like a little child seeing something interesting.

“Is there something in my face, mom?” I asked jokingly but she just slapped my shoulder and told me to continue.

“Well, she is my new secretary…” I finished my story. My mother sat still, no emotions on her face. Suddenly she jumped up and squealed like a little child that had received a present.

“PERFECT! Finally I’m going to have grandchildren! ” It seemed like she performed her victory dance. I just sat there shaking my head in disbelief. ‘Is she really my mother?’

“Mum, could you please stop? You know I’m not planning to have kids with her?” As I said this my mother turned around surprised.

“Why?”

“You ask me why? Well, I just met her yesterday and she is my employee?” I reasoned.

“No need to rush honey, since she is working with you, you have a lot of time to get to know her better. Your employee? Ha! I was also the secretary of you father. Do you want to know where your dad and I had…”

“Ahhh! No! I don’t need details.” I looked at her disgusted. Now I couldn’t help my thoughts going wild.

“Don’t act like you are thirteen.” She shook her head and sat down beside me again.

“I’m sure there is another reason you said you wouldn’t want to date her.”

‘Why does she know me so well?’

“Mom, you know you are really creepy. OK, she is a little, how to put it, clumsy and her fashion sense…she doesn’t have one.” I admitted.

“First of all, I’m not creepy! I’m your mother, show some respect. And second, I bet you like her character. Trust my life experience; the best girl you can choose is a girl who doesn’t show what she got. I bet with you she has a lot of pretty clothes at home. But since she has self-esteem, she isn’t wearing any of these. She wants to have a guy that likes her the way she is. Not because of her clothes.”

“If you say so...” My mind went back to yesterday evening. Yoonhee was indeed really pretty. I shook my head to forget about the past hours, and the sleepiness took over.

“Honey, why don’t you sleep here tonight?” My mother suggested worriedly.

“Not a bad idea. Is it alright with you and dad” I rubbed my temples.

“Sure. You know that you can come here whenever you like.” She patted my head and then my cheeks. ‘She’ll never change. She always treats me like a kid.’ I thought with a smile on my face as I went to bed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Sorry for the late update >.< I was really busy the last few days Q_Q I promise I'll try to update more ^^ *fighting*

Anyway I hope the chapter is ok, its already late and  I'm really tired >.<

I'm not sure if there are any mistakes. I bet there are so please bear with me~

Ok...yeah, that was it. I hope it's interesting :D

Please comment and tell me what you think of this story so far, I would be really happy ^-^