Knight in shining amor - Part II

What To Do?

 

 

 

 

 

Yoonhees POV

 

“So what exactly happened today?” Taecyeon asked as he sat down next to me.

“Uhmm…that…he…no, they…argh!” I mumbled, trying to form a proper sentence but I had no idea where I should start this whole story. I felt a gently hand on my shoulder and turned to face Taecyeon. He softly smiled at me and I was sure that he would understand my situation.

“I know that it’s hard for you. Why don’t you begin from the start?” He said, taking a sip from his wine. I nodded and he patiently waited till my thoughts were clear again.

“A few years ago I’ve met an awesome guy while going on a blind date. He was the son of my mother’s friend and she had set it up since she thought that I was lonely.” I started my story, also taking a sip from my whine, remembering what had happened years ago.

“At first I was totally against it, but she convinced me and I attended. I wouldn’t call it love at first sight but we got along pretty well. We decided to meet up regularly and soon after our first date we became a couple.” I continued, looked at Taecyeon who in return nodded, telling me I should continue.

“I then told my mother and sister about our relationship and as both of them and my best friend agreed to him, we officially started dating.” As I felt Taec’s hand on my shoulder I faced him again, placing the glass on the table before me.

“Only your mother, sister and friend agreed? What’s with your dad?” Taec asked, also placing the glass away.

“Oh, my dad died when I turned 18. It was a car accident.” I told him, smiling bitterly as I remembered my dad and the day we got the information that he had a car accident.

“I see. I’m sorry…” Taecyeon answered, softly over my thigh. I smiled at him and nodded, enjoying his touch.

“As I said we started dating. We were a happy couple for more than 2 years and on my birthday, my 21th birthday to be exact, he proposed to me. Of course I said yes, I loved him. We decided to move together and bought a nice house.”

“Sorry to interrupt. So if I get things right…that Himchan is your ex fiancé? And the house he was talking about was the one the both of you bought?...” I nodded at Taecyeon’s question.

“Since Himchan is a really good salesman, he decided to open his own company. A small one that got really popular. I then started to work as his secretary, since I had the education. Himchan is really good at selling houses; he got rich thanks to it.” I stopped, grabbing my glass again and taking another sip.

“What happened? I mean, why did you break up?”

“That’s an easy question. Let’s say it’s not always the secretary that has an affair with her boss. I was on an advanced training he had signed me up for. It was his birthday when we got the information that we could leave one day earlier since the course instructor got ill. I was happy, bought a nice cake and went home to surprise him. Well, to take it short, I caught him in bed with my best friend.” I said looking at Taecyeons surprised face.

“T-That’s nothing new…but still surprising to hear.” He stated and I giggled.

“Yeah, this always happens in those TV dramas. I thought that too when I caught them.” I looked down at my glass.

“I was so shocked and hurt that I moved out. Sleeping in the bed where they made love was just…disgusting. I told him I didn’t want to see him anymore and looked for an apartment, moving in and closing myself away. But my sister didn’t want to end it this easily for him. She took me to a restaurant, also inviting him to clarify some things. But he told me that he didn’t regret what he had done. He also told me that both of them had an affair since more than a year. I broke down, knowing that this was before he had proposed to me. My whole world crumbled down on me. My confidence was smashed.” I let out a deep sigh and continued. “Since I couldn’t afford it to resign, I had to work at ‘his’ office, seeing both of them each day, until I couldn’t take it anymore. I quitted my job and applied for this one. Sujee, who is an old childhood friend of mine, told me about it.” I ended my story, emptying the glass of wine. I nearly coughed as I saw Taecyeons wide eyes. He sat there in shock, not knowing what to say.

“T-That’s a pretty sad story…” He muttered, grabbing his glass. “So that, Mina girl was your best friend?” He asked and as I nodded he grunted angrily. “I assume you went to their house a few days ago? Since he said you should never bother them again…” I nodded again, remembering what happened there.

“I went there to fetch a few of my belongings and I also wanted the money I invested into the house and his company back.” I said, and Taec mumbled something in return.

“Listen Yoon, I can’t take away the pain you felt when you saw them, and I also can’t force you to open up again to another man, but I can help you to get your money back.” He confidently informed me. I was shocked about his words. He can’t force me to open up again?

‘Does that mean he does like me? Well, I need to know it…now or never, Yoonhee fighting!’ I really wanted to know his true heart. He kissed me today and normally a boss wouldn’t do that to an employee, wouldn’t he? Normally I wasn’t the confident girl, but I had to admit that I loved Taecyeon and a part of me was eager to know if he felt the same. I then leaned closer towards Taec. At first he didn’t realised it since he placed his glass back onto the table. As he looked into my eyes, I saw a glimmer, like a spark of electricity.

“Who said that I closed up my heart? Or to be precise, who said that it isn’t open again?” I asked him, looking into his eyes with all the devotion I could bring up. He shot me a sweet smile and snickered over my comment.

“Good to know that. So, would you allow me to be that special guy?” He asked, cupping my face with his warm and rough hands, pulling me even closer towards him.

“Let’s see. Nice car, nice workplace, nice secretary, no best friend that can steal you, nice character and on top of that you are handsome…” I whispered against his lips.

“I guess that’s a yes.” He snickered, softly kissing me and pulling me onto his lap.

“Yes…”

 

~~~

 

“Congratulations on your wedding!“

I stepped aside and realise that Taecyeon and I where the next couple to congratulate.

“Sujee! I wish you the best!” I screamed as soon as it was our turn, hugging my friend and pressing her against my chest.

“Yah! Yoon! Be careful, my make-up…” Sujee pouted as I let her go.

“Haha~ sorry. I’m just too excited.” I sincerely informed her. I then turned towards Jason, bowed and also hugged him. He was a nice guy, perfect for Sujee. Turning around, I saw Sujee happily chatting with Taecyeon. It’s been only 1 month since we last visited the now married couple, but it’s been nearly a year since Sujee left and moved to America to live with her fiancé. I smiled as I remembered how often I tried to come here to help her prepare the wedding. Sujee was also the first person that was informed about the fact that I and Taecyeon had started dating. I could clearly remember her face. She wasn’t surprised at all back then, only smiling and nodding and telling me she had known it since the first day. I turned around to face Jason again, and coughed him staring lovingly at Sujee.

“You are more than happy to call her your wife now, aren’t you?” I asked, playfully smacking his shoulder. He started laughing and nodded.

“More than you can think. I’m happy that the both of you helped us to organise everything.” He said, patting my shoulder in a friendly way.

“Yeah, I’m good at organising and Taec at dealing with annoying people.” I giggled remembering how Taecyeon had a fight with the flower suppliers and the confectioner who was responsible for the wedding cake.

“Yeah, I’m also glad that he is good at that. He even handled everything with Himchan. I bet you are happy that you have your money and belongings back.” I nodded eagerly at his statement. After nearly a year of dealing with that annoying Himchan, we finally won the process thanks to Taecyeons dad who was our lawyer. We decided to save the money we got for the future.

“The both of you are indeed a perfect couple.” Jason told me and I felt a pleasant feeling in my tummy. Yeah, Taecyeon was perfect, and he also made me perfect and complete. It felt different with him, it felt like real love. Himchan had never made me this flustered or happy. I smiled at the sight of Taecyeon and Sujee discussing something followed by lot of hand motions. I then realised that we should move towards our tables since other guests also wanted to congratulate them.

“Taec, we should find our places.” I softly whispered into Taecyeons ear and as he turned and saw the waiting people, he nodded and both of us went to look for our desk.

Soon after, we found what we were looking for and I was surprised that we were seated right next to the main desk.

“It seems we are like family to them.” Taec joked and I smacked his shoulder laughing at his comment.

 

 

The bride and the groom entered the saloon and all of the guests started to applaud. Then both of them read out their speeches towards each other.

“Yoon honey, I need to go to the toilet.” Taec whined and I looked at him angrily.

“Why now? Can’t you wait a little bit?” I asked annoyed, but he just shook his head and headed outside. While shaking my head, my attention returned to Sujee who was just talking to the guests.

“Many of you may know my best friend Yoonhee. I want to thank her sincerely for her help and her organisation talent; she was the one who made this all possible.” Sujee announced and everyone looked towards me, clapping happily. I nodded shyly towards the guests and returned a smile towards Sujee.

“She helped me a lot, even before I met Jason. She was always there for me, even if she had problems herself. The past few years weren’t went not good for her and I’m glad she met Taecyeon, my former chef and her current boyfriend.” Everyone clapped again, including me, but apparently Sujee had more to say, she turned towards me and smiled sweetly.

“Yoonie, I want to return all the love you gave me, I love you.” She said, coming my way and pulling me towards the stage, right in front of the main desk. She then turned around and heeded back to her husband. I stood in the middle of the stage, completely alone and dumbfounded when I suddenly heard a familiar voice.

“Yoonhee, my darling,” I turned towards the main entrance as found Taecyeon standing there, looking totally dashing and handsome, slowly walking towards me with a microphone in his hands.

“As Sujee said, the past few years were hard for you, but this is in the past. I clearly remember the day our first kiss was, you were really fragile back then and I had the urge to protect you with all I had. We sure had a few hard times, you know what I’m referring too, but I think this brought us even closer together. I want to tell you one thing, and I mean it as I say it. I can’t live without you anymore. I love you with all my heart and everything I have. I don’t mind that you are a light sleeper and that you sometimes hit me while sleeping, I don’t mind your books lying around everywhere and I don’t mind your clumsiness. I know that you accept me how and who I am and I love you even more for that.” He now stood in front of me, only love could be seen in his eyes. Tears formed in my eyes and I tried to hold back.

“Your mother always says: ‘Before you can get married you have to go through bad and good things.’ But I think you have endured too much bed things in the past, so I suggest we just start with the good ones. Would you marry me Kim Yoonhee?” He asked in a caring and trembling voice, kneeling down in front of me and opening a little box with a gorgeous ring in it. I stood there, eyes wide open and even if my mouth tried to form a ‘yes’, it wouldn’t come out. I hastily nodded, tears streamed down my face as he stood up. I jumped into his open arms and kissed him with all I had, with all the love I felt for him.

I blended out the cheers and applause that was all around us; it was as if it was only the two of us.

Taecyeon was right. We should start with the good ones, and he was definitely the perfect partner for that.

 

 

 

 

 

 


 

A/N: Hello lovelys~ Or should I say good bye? Yes...this one was the last chapter >.<

Thanks for subscribing and commenting. You gave me a lot of strength.

I sincerely appreciate your comments, and I enjoyed writing this story ^-^

I hope you like the last chapter and aren't too sad about it...I also hope you liked the ending *kekeke~

There is something I want to tell you as well. The first three chapters are corrected since I have a proofreader. She is wonderful and corrected the first chapters. I'm really thankfull she helped me since I'm a noob in grammar xD

 

Again, thanks a lot for sticking with me and this story ^-^ I know my grammar isn't the best and I'm really happy that you endured that x3

Please look forward to other fanfics of mine :D

 

Till then, Banana_Dreams

*kiss*