Farewell and a new beginning... Part I

What To Do?

 

Taecyeons POV

 

I woke up and as soon as I looked at my watch, I jumped out of bed, ran to my wardrobe and pulled out a suit. Since I visited my parents often and sometimes even slept here, I had decided to store some clothes in my old wardrobe. I was glad I had left a few clothes at my parents’ house.

I hurriedly went down and into the kitchen where my mother was preparing breakfast.

“Mom? I’m sorry I have to leave. I overslept.” I told her while planting a kiss on her forehead.

“But I’ve already prepared dinner…” She looked sad and pouted. I giggled and apologized again.

“You know what? Go and get ready and I’ll pack you lunch. You can eat it in your office.” She ordered and I did as I was told. I went to the front door; put on my shoes took my coat and waited for my breakfast.

“Here you are. Take care on your way.” She said patting my shoulder motherly.

“Ne~ See you mom.” I said while closing the door. It was like I was fifteen again, a packed lunch in my hands and heading for work/school. I got in my car, smiled and drove off to get to work.

 

~~~

 

As I reached the upper floor, Yoonhee was waiting for me in front of my office.

“There you are sir! I was worried. Why are you so late?” She asked and I was stunned for a few seconds. ‘She was worried, again?’

“S-Sorry I overslept.” I told her blinking a few times.

“I see. Alright, I’ve told Sujee to go and print some documents. We have to hurry!” She said and shoved me into the office. As soon as I stood in the secretary’s office, I remembered something important.

“Damn! I’ve forgotten her present!” I cursed.

Suddenly I heard Yoonhee giggling. “What is so funny? I’ve totally forgotten about this!” I said totally shocked about her reaction. Wasn’t she Sujees friend, if she was, wouldn’t it be normal to get angry at this very moment? She went behind her desk, opened one of the drawers and pulled a little present out of it.

“I thought something like this could happen, so I bought something in case you could forget her present.” She handed me the little packet and snickered. ‘I must look really bewildered right now.’ I shook my head, completely surprised and thanked her. But as I wanted to ask her, where she had that little picture of me and Sujee that was hanging on the packet cord from, the door opened and Sujee entered the room.

“Sujee~ Surprise!” I heard Yoonhee squeal and she ran to her friend and hugged her tightly.

“Here, that is my farewell present.” She told her with sparkling eyes.

“Eh? Thanks but you know that I’m leaving Korea just in two months?” Sujee said between giggles.

“Yeah~ I know. But it’s your last day in work so I also wanted to give you something.Sujee softly hugged Yoonhee back and I saw tears forming in her eyes.

“Thank you Yoon. I’m really happy that you got my job and not someone other.” She told her while loosening her grip. And that’s when I stepped into action.

“No way~ there wouldn’t be a single person who could be better than you or Yoonhee. By the way, here is my present for you…” I told her, a little bit embarrassed while handing her the present.

Sujee looked up at me and gave me a happy smile.

“Thanks S…Taecyeon.” She corrected her sentence as she saw my deadly glare. I smiled brightly as she said my name.

“That’s right. I’m not your boss anymore, so just call me Taecyeon.” I said patting her shoulder in a friendly way.

“Ehh? Where did you have that photo from Taecyeon?” Sujee asked as she remarked the little picture.

“Ahh~ Mr. Ok told me to look for a photo of the both of you, and as I searched the internet this picture popped up.” Yoonhee saved me.

“Isn’t this the day when you became the new manager?” Yoonhee asked me and I nodded.

“Yeah. This photo is really well taken.” Sujee said and I smiled at her.

“Alright Sujee. I think it’s time to say goodbye.” I said and Sujee nodded in agreement.

“Yes, maybe we meet each other a few time before I leave Korea. And if not, we’ll meet each other at my wedding.” She said while laughing out loud. I looked at her dumbfounded.

“S-So I’m invited?” I asked surprised.

“Of course! You were the best boss I’ve ever had. And I would like to address you as my friend…” Sujee told me and I smiled and shook hands with her.

“Sure, let’s do that.” I giggled and Sujee joined in.

“Alright, then I’ll take my leave.” She said grabbing her stuff and headed for the door. Sujee turned around one last time and waved at us. “Thanks for the past few years Taecyeon. Yoonhee? See you in a few days.” She bowed and left the room. It became silent as soon as she was out of the door.

Yoonhee and I just stood there, totally frozen while an awkward atmosphere built up.

“Ah!” I shrugged as Yoonhee shouted out and went to her handbag.

“Here are the files from yesterday. I’ve managed to sort them.” She handed me the two files and I looked at her in amazement.

“Really?! I hope you didn’t spend too much time on these.” I answered while going through the documents.

Indeed it was all sorted. I was speechless. ‘So Sujee was right with the fact about her being good in sorting and planning…’

“Don’t worry Sir, it wasn’t really much time I needed and since I really enjoy sorting things I didn’t mind at all.” She said while going to the door.

“I’m going to make some coffee; I’ll bring you a cup a coffee in a few minutes.” Yoonhee bowed and also left the room.

“What an amazing woman. I’ll look forward to work with her…” I said out loud, shaking my head in amazement while entering my office.

 


 

Like that one week passed. I enjoyed working with Yoonhee. It never got boring. There were so many accidents that I had given up on counting them. I just had to smile about the fact that I had to drink out of paper cups instead of porcelain ones. Glass, like vases or drinking glasses were totally forbidden. I also had removed the door that separated the Secretary’s office from mine. Since she broke the door handle while trying to open it a few days ago. It was amazing for me how such a small and cute person like Yoonhee could cause such a disaster. But it was entertaining, and beside her clumsiness she was caring, cute and hardworking. I had to admit that if it would continue like that, it was even possible for me to fall for her.

“Sir? Here is your coffee…” I stuffed my thought in the back of my head as I heard Yoonhees voice and turned around.

“Yoonhee! Wait there is…!” But it was too late. She stumbled over a book she dropped a few minutes before and I saw her flying. I wanted to get there in time, to catch her, but I was too slow. I heard a thud as she made contact with the hard floor. I ran to her side and bent down to check on her. She sat there, showered with coffee and rubbed her .

“This ty book!! Argg~ I totally forgot about the fact that it was lying there!” She cursed and I burst out laughing. I helped her up and she stared at me like I was a mad man.

“You know…You’re really cute when you are angry. Like a little dog barking at his enemy…” It was hard to breath for me and I leaned against the wall beside her.

“You’re amazing Yoonhee…ahh~” I removed the tears from my cheeks and looked at her, her face totally red. ‘Cute.’

“Alright, let’s end here. It’s already late and since you look like this…” I pointed at her hair, face and outfit. “it’s better to go home.”

I pinched her cheeks and took my coat. “I’ll leave first; I have a meeting to attend. See you tomorrow.” I said waiving her goodbye as I went out of the office. ‘Really about to fall for her…’

 

 

 

 

 


 

Sorry this chapter is really short >.< but of course I hope you'll like it ^-^

Since it's easter I wanted to update this story :D

Hope you like this 'little' gift~

Ps.: Sorry for mistakes >.<