Too good to be true

His soul stays for me [Inspired by a TRUE STORY]

That night, Kikwang texted me and said that he was at the shop near my house and asked me to meet him. I hesitated for a moment. It’s already 8pm. Mum will definitely won’t allow me to go out. But, I took the risk.

Slowly, I walked to the living room where mum was watching TV. “Mum...” I slowly said, hide behind the wall and peered out my head.

“Yes, honey?” Mum said, still looking at the screen.

“I-ur,” I tried to fine the right excuse, “My phone credit run out. I need it now. Can I go over the shop and buy it?” My heart raced. Scared of mum sudden anger.

But instead, she said, “Don’t be long.”

Okay that went well. So I happily took my jacket and went to meet Kikwang. He was waiting for me in a car.

“You made it.” Kikwang opened the car door for me, smiling. “This is my cousin. Hyunseng.” He pointed to the driver seat.

“Annyeong.” Hyunseng greeted, “I’ll be your driver tonight.” He joked.

“And this is Junhyung.” Kikwang pointed to the front passenger seat.

“Oh hey Mika,” Junhyung turned to me, “Wanna go to Gina house tonight?”

“H-how do you know her?” I asked, confused.

Junhyung smirked.

Then Kikwang whispered to me, “Try to read Gina’s history book. He’s in there.” He chuckled.

“Oh you mean he is her ex-boyfriend? Or something?”

“Nice guess.” Kikwang rubbed my head, “Let’s go.” He said to Hyunseng and we drove off.

We drove around the neighbourhood since I told them that I can’t be long. Soon, we passed off a dark street. It was dim, I can hardly see anything. Suddenly, I felt Kikwang shifted nearer and turned his body to me.

I can see him in the darkness. His eyes sparkled like a star. A sweet smile pasted on him. Then he gestured me to come closer. My heart raced rapidly. I blushed, I knew what was coming. I knew it.

Then his soft lips touched mine. I frozed, not knowing what to do. He was my first kiss!

Then I kiss him back, awkwardly.

“You’re yummy.” He chuckled and kissed me back.

A month passed, our relationship grew. From a text friend to girlfriend. I was so flattered when he asked me to go out with him. It’s like my whole world had turn around. The hottest guy asks me to go out with him? A simple and plan girl like me? How lucky can I be?

Four month had passed, our relationship grew stronger. We meet almost every day. We went to shopping together, watched the latest movie in the cinema and I met his siblings. They like me.

One day at school, Gina was reading her novel. I was finishing my math project. I turned to her desk, there, lied a piece of photograph I saw Gina uses it as a bookmark.

I looked closer to the picture. He looks familiar. I wondered.

“Oh you remember him?” Gina put down her novel and looked at the picture too.

“I—well not really.” I tried to scratch out back my memory about the guy in the picture. Where the heck did I saw this guy? There seems to be some memory about him. But... what?