Day 4 - Playing Pretend

Me, You and Baby

 

Another day has passed for the Kim couple.  ----- was enjoying playing Leo’s “eomma” for the meantime.  However, Mr. Kim was very displeased.  Since Leo came into their lives, he felt that she was neglecting him.

 

Jaejoong usually would wake up earlier than -----.  He would stare at her flawless, angelic face and admire her beauty.  He would then kiss her forehead, her nose, both her cheeks and her lips.  She would then wake up smiling at her beautiful husband, thinking how lucky she was to be married to such a man.  But that all changed since Leo came into their lives.

 

Jaejoong woke up at 5 AM from Leo’s crying.  He opened his eyes seeing that his wife was not in bed, standing near Leo’s crib.  ----- tried calming the baby down but Leo wouldn’t stop crying.  “Sorry babe, I’ll take Leo out for a while okay? You can go back to sleep.”  She said groggily as she was walking out the door carefully holding the baby.

 

Jaejoong tried to go back to sleep but he could still hear Leo’s cries and ----- hushes from the living room.  It was 5:45 AM and he was very grumpy.  He tried to ignore the noises and placed his head in between two pillows hoping that it would reduce the noise level of the house.

 

Jaejoong woke up at 9 AM and looked around their room.  His wife was not in bed and the baby’s crib was not there anymore.  He got up and went to the living room and saw Leo in his crib sleeping silently like an angel and his wife sleeping on the couch looking very tired.  This annoyed Jaejoong.  He hated seeing his wife so tired.  “You’re sleeping like an angel now but you don’t know how you’re a handful to my wife!” He silently hissed, standing near the crib while staring at Leo’s sleeping form.

 

At 2 PM, ----- had the idea of bring Leo to the park.  She was dressed in casual yet fashionable clothes while Leo was dressed in his little checked shirt, skinnies and his little converse shoes.  She also made Leo wear a beanie on his head. “Aww, you look adorable Leo-ah! Jinjja kwiyeopda*.” She squealed in delight.  “Where are you guys off to?” Jaejoong peeked through their room and entered.  “Gonna talk Leo out for a bit of fresh air.  Wanna come with us?” She said without looking at her husband.  She was very busy tickling Leo who was responding with laughter.  Leo’s laughter melted -----‘s heart.  As for Jaejoong, well he thought it was less of a torture compared to his cries.  “I think I’ll just stay here at home.”  Jaejoong’s reply made her frown a little but she ignored it, gave Jaejoong a quick kiss on the cheek without looking at him then went straight to the door.

 

----- wanted to play pretend for a while.  It wouldn’t hurt when adults would play pretend sometimes right?  She wanted to act as his mother for the time being, walking around the park pushing his stroller with her husband.    She was pretty upset when Jaejoong rejected her offer of spending the day with Leo.  Her little imagination of walking around the park with Jaejoong pushing Leo’s stroller was crushed.  However, she didn’t let him ruin her day with Leo.

 

----- walked around the park while pushing Leo’s stroller.  She suddenly felt a presence near hear.  “It’s been a long time -----.”  She looked up and was surprised to see him.

 

“Yoochun?!” Her eyes widen at the sight of her ex-boyfriend.  “How a--are you?”  She stuttered.  Yoochun smiled at her cute facial expressions that he used to love.  “I’m good.  And you?  You seem very busy with your cute son.”  He knelt down and tickled Leo’s chin earning him a smile from the baby.  “Oh.  He is not my son.  He is Jaejoong’s nephew.  We don’t have kids.” She looked down at her shoes avoiding Yoochun’s questionable gaze upon hearing that she didn’t have kids.  “I thought you love kids?  And you’ve been married for what? 3? 4 years?” She gave a half-hearted smile, “I do love kids but—.“   Yoochun cut her off as he was feeling that they would be placed into an awkward conversation, “Hey wanna go to the playground with me?  I have to meet someone there.  Let’s bring Leo there and he might enjoy the company of some kids even though he is still a baby.”

 

---- and Yoochun were a bit tired from all the walking so they sat down at an empty bench in the playground filled with playschool children.  Seeing children play brought a smile to her face though.  She then looked at Leo in the stroller who was smiling too.  This made her heart feel lighter.  She took Leo’s baby food from the maternity bag Minkyoung left them.  She slowly feed Leo.  She felt that Yoochun was staring at her.  She coughed to ease the awkwardness she was feeling.  “So Yoochun, who are you meeting up with?” She was curious.  “You see that girl there in pink?  That’s her.”  Yoochun was pointing a 4-year-old girl who was wearing a pink, floral dress in pigtails.  “Your daughter?”  She asked.  Yoochun shook his head, “No.  She is my goddaughter.  Her parents asked me a favour to pick her up from playschool since they’re in a meeting right now.” She nodded and Yoochun continued, “And besides I’m not married.”  Yoochun said as he showed his left hand with no wedding ring.  “I’m sure you’ll get to find the right person for you.”  She said while showing her pearly whites then Yoochun chuckled.

 

Jaejoong was bored at home so he decided to go to the park and surprise -----.  He really didn’t care about Leo.  He felt that his wife was upset when she left so he wanted to make up for it.  He was dressed casually in a white V-neck shirt and comfortable skinny jeans.  He took the car instead of walking for 15 minutes to the park as he felt really lazy that day.  He parked the car near the playground and found ----- with Leo being comfortable with a person he didn’t like so well.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:

*Jinjja kwiyeopda - Really cute

 

 

 

Replies:

@foreverkjythank you for liking that scene! even though i felt that it was a bit rushed! i didn't find it too amusing as i wanted it to be and not as detailed too.  we'll wait and see if the couple would want to have kids.. i am hoping that they would! and thank you for commenting as always!<3

@_DyNaR_: no need to apologize for not commeting! though i am very thankful that you did comment! makes me very happy indeed!:3

@white_charm: if i say jaejoong is cuter would you judge me? haha i'm way too much of a jaejoong bias! haha but i think leo is just an adorable kid though i'll try and make him more adorable in the coming chapters.. i feel like i haven't written much about leo don't you think? (why did i realize it now?T___T)

@soulappeal: thank you very much!

 

 

Annyeonghaseyo! I'm sorry that I didn't get to update yesterday>_<* MIANHAE!m(_ _)m

Anyways I am so happy that this fic has reached 20 subbies!  Please do comment and share your thoughts (both good and bad i don't mind at all!)

Again, I would like to thank everyone for the love and support and of course the comments!  Every single one of you is greatly appreciated<3  I hope you enjoy this update! I apologize if you find this chapter long and boringT__T

 

- Esjae