Chapter 11

Pure Love

Author's POV:

L.Joe was being rushed to the hospital after he fainted outside the school gate. IU was shocked to see L.Joe pale face and immediately dialed for the ambulance. The ambulance arrived within 15 minutes and sent both L.Joe and IU to the hospital. Worried was wrote on IU face. She was shocked that why L.Joe just fainted all of a sudden when he was doing fine when they were talking at the backstage just now...


L.Joe's POV:

I found myself with IV drip being hooked on my hand and found myself laying in the hospital bed. There was IU who was falling asleep beside my bed. What actually happened to me? I knew there was a sharp pain coming from my chest, my head was spinning. And then I found myself here in the hospital bed. 

"L.Joe! You are awake? Let me call the doctor!" IU said worriedly when she saw me awaked. 

"IU, I am okay, don't worried. I said while grabbing hold on IU's hand trying to assure her I am fine.

"Byunghyun ahh! Byunghyun!, gwenchenna?" I was surprised to see my mother pushing the door, walking in my room.

"Omma... Why did you come here?" I asked weakly.

"I rushed down here when the hospital contacted me that you fainted. How did you fainted all of the sudden?" Omma asked me worriedly. 

"I think I was tired preparing for the performance." I replied assuring omma that I was fine.

"Don't worried auntie, the doctor said L.Joe will be fine. He just fainted because he was too tired." IU, who was standing in the corner, suddenly said to omma.

"You are...? Omma was surprised to see a girl appearing in my bedroom.

"Annyeonhaeseyo, I am IU, L.Joe's bestfriend." IU stared at me for a while and said, "If there isn't anything, I should leave now." 

"Ne, Kamsahamnida." I replied.

"Byunghyun ahh, IU seems to be a nice girl." Omma was trying to teased me.

"Omma ahh... We are just..." I started feeling breathless while holding my chest.

"Byunghyun ahh, gwenchenna? Byunghyun!" I heard omma calling the doctor and I can sense that omma almost faint when she saw me suddenly had an asthma attack. 


IU's POV:

I was worried again when I suddenly saw doctor walking into L.Joe's room and his omma worried face written on. What actually happened to L.Joe? I was shocked when I found out that he actually got asthma and... 

"Doctor Shin! How was my son doing?" I saw his mum talking to the doctor.

"He was fine after having an asthma attack. He should really have some plenty rest. Try avoiding running too as it can provoke him from having an attack. Our medical record shown he got a weak heart too since childhood. The best thing was operation. I have given him a shot and an oxygen mask. He was now sleeping. You may go see him." The doctor leave and I saw L.Joe's mum not looking good.

"Auntie? Gwenchannayo? What happened? You don't look good." I asked her.

"Is L.Joe... He was not a healthy child since young. He got asthma and a weak heart. I thought he will be fine after he had an heart operation when he was 8. Just then the doctor told me just now that he needed an operation for his heart. But he was so weak now and he got asthma. I was afraid that he won't go for the operation and...." L.Joe's mum started crying.

"Is okay auntie, don't worried. He will be fine. We will help you." I said trying to calm her down.

"Ne kamsa. You can go see L.Joe first, I will just sit outside here." Auntie replied me.

I didn't know that L.Joe had suffered that much since childhood. Those illness must been giving him a hard time. I always thought he was a healthy person seeing him that cheerful, playful... But... My heart feels hurt for him, as a friend. I was about to walk into his room when I saw xxxxx here too...


Your's Pov:

I rushed down to the hospital after knowing from one of our classmate that L.Joe was sent to the hospital after he fainted at the school gate. What happened? Is it his asthma that attacked him again? I can't stop thinking about L.Joe. I was worrying about him. He can't die like that right? I had already opened up the gift box that L.Joe gave me and was surprised to see what was inside. It was actually a music box. I didn't had the chance to listen to the song after knowing L.Joe was in the hospital. 

I reached the hospital and  I asked the nurse in the information corner for the ward number that L.Joe was in and I walked rushly to find his room. As I reached his ward, I saw a woman about mid 50 outside his ward talking to the doctor. My heart almost stopped when I overheard everything the doctor said to the woman. The woman must be L.Joe's omma.

"He was fine after having an asthma attack. He should really have some plenty rest. Try avoiding running too as it can provoke him from having an attack. Our medical record shown he got a weak heart too since childhood. The best thing was operation. I have given him a shot and an oxygen mask. He was now sleeping. You may go see him." 

Weak heart... Operation?... My heart sank deeper and deeper when I heard that. I didn't know that L.Joe was that sick he needed an operation. I thought I only got asthma but I didn't know he was that sick... I can feel my tears was about to falls. I feel bad staying away from him. I was guilty that I always argued with him over small things last time. I was guilty about everything. L.Joe.. He will be fine right? He is not gonna to die! What will happen if he...? Did IU already know his condition since she was the one who accompany him to the hospital. Is IU crying in the corner like what I am about to do so...? I try to calm myself and walk into his room, pretending like nothing happened.

"Gwenchanna? How are you doing?" I asked him while walking into his ward. L.Joe seem surprised to saw me here visiting him. He must had thought I am a cold blooded person who always treated me badly.

"xxxxx? How did you know that I was..." I already knew what L.Joe is going to say and I cut off his words,

"I heard it from one of our classmates..."I replied when L.Joe continued his words,

"What I means was, I think you all already knew my condition..." L.Joe said looking kidda unhappy as I suddenly become stoned. 

"L.Joe ahh... You will be fine if you go for an operation." I said trying to brighten up his mood. But it seemed I failed.

"You don't understand it! I can't stand that moment when you are laying on the operation bed, that fear of don't even know if I can wake up again. Forget it! You... Have you open up the gift I gave you? L.Joe said.

He still have the mood to ask me have I open up the gift while I am here worrying about his condition? 

"Not yet..." I said.

"Ohh, I am tired, I need a rest." L.Joe replied as I can see L.Joe a bit disappointed. He seems he cared for the gift he gave me and wanting to know my feeling.

Sensing that there is no point of talking more to him right now as I understand how he feels, I decided to leave him alone in the ward. Before I go, I leave L.Joe a sentence,

"Just treated it as for my sake, please go for the operation." I leave him with this sentence and leave without knowing that IU had heard all our conversation.


Author's POV:

Is just a short conversation between xxxxx and L.Joe. Although is just a short conversation, this make L.Joe finally agreed to go for the heart operation. As for IU, she heard the conversation xxxxx and L.Joe was talking in the ward. IU started to feel that there must be something going on between theses two of them. There must be a relationship growing...