Tough Love (Chapter 7)

Tough Love

A kiss there and a touch there--Nino wasn’t bothered by it at all; but it was all so random. Ohno did it whenever he least expected it, or sometimes he found him dozing off on his bed in some mornings. He liked it when Ohno gave him attention and was sometimes dragged away into empty classrooms. There was nothing more better than having Ohno all to himself. However, just as he was about to be dragged away again, Jun came in between them and pulled Ohno away.

He made sure that everyone knew Ohno was his, but Jun taking Ohno away was very unforgivable. No one else dared to take Ohno away from him and even the girls never tried despite his good looks. To see Jun taking him away was worse than letting Aiba stay in his home.

Nino stomped his feet angrily towards the two and pulled Ohno behind him. “Give me back Ohno, Jun-kun. He’s mine.”

“This isn’t preschool, Ninomiya. And I need Ohno-san, we have a project to work on,” Jun said as he held his hand out politely.

He had failed to notice that Jun was missing for two weeks straight and now he was in need of taking Ohno away from him. However, Nino did not give in. Instead, he glared at Jun and walked off with Ohno following closely behind him. Just as he was about to grab hold onto Ohno’s hand, he only grabbed air only to find him taken again. He stomped back into the classroom, searching in anger for Jun and Ohno. He couldn’t let Ohno be taken away behind his back.

“Where’s Jun?!” Nino asked his classmates when he couldn’t find the said student. No one dared to speak so he had to force it out of them. When someone gave in, with tears in their eyes, he ran to the back of the school only to find a black helicopter on the parking lot. He moved close enough to see Jun sitting in the front, while Ohno was in the back struggling to get out in desperation.

Nino ran immediately to the side of Ohno’s window and banged on it until he gave him a worried look. His mouth was tied with a white cloth and he couldn’t tell what he was trying to say. His hand barely touched the knob when he felt something hard on the back of his head. Turning around slowly, he saw his butler giving him a sorry frown.

He woke up finding himself sleeping on his warm bed. He had no recollection of how he ended up in his house when he was just at school a few hours ago. All he remembered was Ohno kissing him, touching him, and then Jun--

Nino frowned. Maybe it was all a bad dream and Ohno was in his bed sleeping yet he still had a bad feeling. Pushing his yellow blankets away, he silently walked to Ohno’s bedroom not wanting to wake up anyone in the middle of the night. When he made it to the front of his friend’s door, he left it ajar afraid that Ohno will wake up and scold him for it.

At times when he needed him after nightmares or when he couldn’t sleep, he could always sneak into his room and claim the empty spot besides him. He would always hear his snoring even when his door was closed tightly. However,  something was definitely wrong. Knowing Ohno doesn’t get up in the middle of the night, his friend was always seen by him sleeping in his bedroom or sketching in his black book.

He opened the door with a loud slam and the lights. The bed was completely empty without Ohno snoring into it, and it was neatly fixed like how he always left it every morning. He left himself fall on the bed, feeling the coldness instead of Ohno’s warmth; but there was still traces of his peach shampoo on the pillows.

“Mom! Dad!” Nino yelled when he opened the door to his parent’s room. They were asleep but Nino had to let them know that Ohno had been kidnapped. When they finally woke up after turning the lights on, they both had angry looks on their faces.

“Son, there better be a good reason as to why you woke us up,” his dad groaned, trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes.

“Dad, Satoshi he--”

“We know about it, Kazunari,” his mom said in a calm voice making Nino all the more mad at them. If they knew, why didn’t they do anything about it?! Or Ohno could’ve been at home resting like always and so he was there to comfort him when he needed him.

“Then why didn’t you stop it?!” Nino asked them infuriatedly.

“Honey,” his mom glanced at her husband then to him, “I think it’s time.”

“Time for what?!” Nino yelled. “I think it’s time to save Satoshi and bring him back home! Please, mom and dad. I need him!”

“Kazunari, please calm down,” his father told him. There was no way he was going to listen to his father since he wasn’t acting on trying to save Ohno. He was mad at them for looking at him with pity and hadn’t known better to act on their son’s wish. His patience was growing thinner and he was about to run out of the room when he heard his mother say

“We sent him away because we had to, Kazunari. We had no choice but to do it.”

“Send him away?! Without letting me know?! This is a bunch of bull I’ve ever heard coming from your mouth!” Nino yelled not caring at how much he’s hurting his mom. If she was hurting then they were even for taking Ohno away from him. They all knew him too much that Ohno was the only friend he trusted. What made them have the right to take what’s important from him?! Turning around, he gave his parents one last look before running into Ohno’s room.

He could still smell the faint fragrance of peach knowing that he’ll never see Ohno again. He closed his eyes, letting a tear drop down on the bed until he cried himself to sleep.

TBC