Tough Love (Chapter 14)

Tough Love

Nino wasn’t surprised at all when a woman came in his office, with ostentatious accessories and her skirt was too short to his liking. She kept batting her eyes at him and kept smiling thinking that he was enjoying the view. When really, he knew who put her up to this. He wanted to give his parents a call, but he didn’t want to piss them off any longer. As soon as she sat down, he said

“I’m not interested in you. My parents put you up to this so I’m not giving in. And just to let you know…I’m gay.”

The woman didn’t budge at first as if she didn’t hear him. However, she finally looked up at him and gave a disgusted look. She wasted no time in standing up and left without even starting anything in the first place, and Nino knew that the woman was only the first one. Sooner or later, more women will come in from his parent’s orders and he’ll just use the same expression as before.

He knows his parents are trying hard just for their own needs to act out but he wasn’t giving in. He didn’t want to give his parents what they want if they don’t give him what he wanted. As a child, he was too blind to see his parent’s intention thinking that everything they gave, did, and said to him were benefiting. After seeing his father and finally confessing their selfishness, it was all to make him grow up to give them what they want in return for what they gave him.

Though on the upside, growing up was good for him too. Despite the fact that he couldn’t make friends and spent most of his time by himself at school, at home, or anywhere, he knew his parents were there for him. They, mostly his mom, kept encouraging him and showering him with love that she was his only friend. His dad was there for him too but he was always, always, looking for better expectation from him. Although his mom was his friend, it hit him hard since she didn’t say anything yesterday except for telling them to stop. He sighed since he knew it would take a long while for his parents to calm down and finally give in to his happiness.

The sun was shining brightly outside of his office and for the first time he really wanted to go out and do nothing. He only came out when he was in a good mood, which was the day he found Ohno, but the only time he left the building was for meetings, a trip, or a quick trip to his house for the things he needed. Instead, he glued himself to the mirror and longed to be part of the rushing crowd outside instead of being cooped up in his office by the order of his parents.

And he wanted to see him. He badly wanted to touch that tanned skin again and move unwillingly under him while making those lovely, yet seducing noises altogether. Then love him, and whisper those three words until he had run out of breath. Then kiss him goodnight and wake up pleasantly next to him. On the contrary, all he could do was hear his voice. Just as he was about to walk away from the window, his cell phone rang a very depressed tone that reminded him of his lover.

“Hello?” He answered sullenly, taking a seat on one of his couches.

As if his prayers were answered, he heard his lover’s familiar breathing on the other end of the line. “Kazu…Did you need to talk?”

Nino laid down on his back and put the phone to speaker, wanting to make that wonderful voice of his louder. He didn’t answer him until he heard his voice in a panicked tone.

“Satoshi, don’t worry I just wanted to listen,” He chuckled at his lover’s worried state. Only a few hours had passed since he had last talked to him, yet he still longed to hear that voice. The way his voice always soothed him and kept reassuring him that everything will be alright. And that voice that told him that he loved him back… Oh how he missed him so much.

“Satoshi, when do you think I’ll see you again?” He asked him hoping that he will say ‘soon.’

“Soon,” Ohno answered his thoughts, “But that depends on your parents.”
“I know,” Nino pouted though Ohno couldn’t see it, “but I really, really want to see you right now.”

“Me too,” he sighed. “I--Hold on, I gotta hang up. Your parents are here.”

“Wha--” He heard a soft click on the end of the line and he didn’t even have the chance to ask why. It must be concerning Jun since he worked for him after all. Though yet again, he had to blame his parents. All the time when he gets Ohno in his time, his parents were -blocking him even though they weren’t aware of it.

Sighing, he stood up from his couch and rubbed his face of tiredness. All he could think of was his lover and he couldn’t even do his work right. There was nothing to work on in the first place since all of that has been handed to his two friends, which his dad had lied to him about, so now he has nothing to do but stare outside his window. He stayed glued to the window thinking how the world was doing without him. As the day became darker, and he felt even sleepier, he retired to the bed his parents got for him and slept like a baby.

He woke up to the sounds of screaming and yelling coming from outside of the door. He thought that someone had made an accident but he thought wrong when he saw Jun running towards him with a worried look on his face. He let the man catch up with his breath before saying

“Ninomiya-san, Ohno is--”

He didn’t let him finish his sentence and just ran until Jun caught up with him, and he followed him to his home.

TBC