Tough Love (Chapter 12)

Tough Love

Aiba was next to him right after he entered the elevator. He was told that his parent’s were patiently waiting for him in his office, while Sho was trying his best to keep them from leaving. Since he was now in the building himself, he told Aiba to take his boyfriend away before embarrassing himself in front of them.

“Nino-chan~ Are you ok? You’re smiling a lot since 8 years ago. Today’s the first time I see you smiling huge like this… and it makes me happy too. Did something good happen?”

He clicked his tongue in annoyance. He hated how Aiba was always able to tell but he knew it was because he could feel his cheeks burning from smiling huge after thinking about his lover outside of the building. Then again, Aiba and Sho were the only people who listened to his problems and helped him throughout those eight years.
 
“Satoshi he…I found him yesterday…” he blushed, trying his best to hide it away from him.

Aiba was silent for awhile but when he turned around, he saw him have a huge grin plastered on his face. He wanted to slap it off however he only smiled with him and nodded his head when Aiba raised his eyebrows. He knows what he was thinking off and soon he heard him shrieking and yelling like a school girl.

“Did you guys really?!?! I knew you were in love with him, but you never admitted it!”

“Shut up, Aibaka,” Nino blushed aware that his friend has been knowing when he wasn’t even sure of his own feelings. “Just don’t tell Sakurai. I’ll tell him myself alright?”

“Alright!” Aiba answered back with much enthusiasm. “He and I have been waiting since high school. It was so freaking obvious you guys were in love!”

“Really?” Nino raised his eyebrows. “My face showed it too?”

“Well yeah! After I heard from Sho you got jealous the day he moved in, he knew it was right to stop making it look like he was going after him. I think Sho was trying to help you guys out, but made it seem worse like he was going after him. Something like that… but I’m glad you finally told him your true feelings!”

“Oh~ So it was like that? I thought that Satoshi liked him…”

“No, silly. Sho also told me that he caught you guys kissing at home. He didn’t want to tell me until he also realized his own feelings for me since he was jealous you guys could kiss, even though you were still friends, and while he told me that his mind was all focused on me.”

“Sakurai did? Wow,” Nino brought his hands up to his cheeks unable to stop himself from blushing in embarrassment and out of happiness, “I can’t believe he witnessed it without saying anything…”

“Well, I’m glad he saw you guys,” Aiba giggled, “It’s because of you two that he confessed to me.”

“Whatever,” Nino scoffed wondering why the elevator ride was slower than usual. “Just be there with me, bring Sakurai too, when I tell my parents.” He planned on bringing Ohno with him, but he didn’t want him to get out of the house just for an hour visit and to leave again. So instead he asked for his two friends for support.

When the bell rang, indicating that they made it to the topmost floor, Nino stepped out of the elevator trying his best to shake off his nervousness. There was not reason for him to ever he nervous around his parents even after they had explained to him about puberty and all those related stuff. But he didn’t know how they would react to his news.

After his employees stood up and bowed at him in respect, Nino paused outside of his office and took a huge breath. He could hear Aiba giving him faint cheering and all of a sudden, he felt a bit better.

“Mom, dad,” Nino called out as soon as the doors flew open. And there they were, sitting down on the couch with Sho talking to them about whatever that made them look like they were interested. They turned around, Sho too looked up at his boyfriend and had a look of relief on his face. He knew that his parents liked Sho, but he could see the look of relief on their faces.

“Kazunari!” his mom stood up first and rushed to her son. She hugged him since they haven’t seen each other for over two years while he saw his dad standing near the couch with an unreadable expression on his face. He didn’t mind his dad being a grouch since he’s always been like that since the day he could open his eyes.

“Son,” his dad grumbled before walking besides his wife, “it’s nice to see you. How’s business? I see that you are very successful here seeing that none of your employees wants to leave.”

“It’s fine, dad,” Nino grunted in reply hating the fact that his dad thinks he can’t lead the business by himself. Although his dad was the one who gave him the company in the first place, his mom was the one who pushed him into giving it to him and entrusting it in his hands. He knew his dad didn’t believe in him, or had the slightest faith in him that he could be as successful at the two of them. Maybe it’s because his dad was growing old that he’s getting more grouchy and being a pain in the .

“Kazuya!” His mom shot a glare at her husband before giving him another round of hugs. “I’m just glad to see my baby again.”

“Thanks mom,” Nino returned her hug, trying his best to block out the strong perfume that‘s already starting to block his mind. “Actually, I kept you guys here because I have something to say.”

“Really? What is it now? A woman? You have a woman?!” His mom asked, her voice jumping in joy.

“Stop jumping into conclusions!” Nino snapped. “And no, it’s not a woman.”

This time, his mom pulled away. The two of them were always bothering him about getting a woman so he could produce kids to make them happy since she’s always wanted grandchildren. But of all those years when Ohno was gone, his mom and dad tried setting him up for omiais but he just ended up leaving and making them disappointed in him.

He asked them to sit down and he took a seat as far away from them as possible. With Aiba and Sho standing near the doorway, with hope  in their eyes, Nino opened his mouth and said, “Mom, dad… I’m dating Satoshi.”

He heard a faint gasp from Sho so he guessed that Aiba hadn’t told him yet but his parents had an unimpressed look on their faces. He thought that his mom was going to smile at him after, but he could see that she was frowning making her wrinkles more visible. While his dad looked worse, his face turning red and his eyebrows knitting close together.

“Satoshi? You found Ohno? We made sure you were never to see him again!” His dad yelled while pounding his fists on his legs.

“Made sure?! You promised me you were going to bring him to me, but you were planning on taking him away from me forever?! What kind of-- Sakurai please, kick them out right now. I can’t see their faces!”

“Sakurai-kun, you just stay put and you two leave us alone! I need to speak to my son.”

He watched the two of them bow their heads and left with worried expressions on their faces. He would have to tell them later what his parents had said; unless they were eavesdropping.

“We forbid you to see Ohno ever again,” his dad said as soon as the door closed. “We will order Matsumoto-kun to take him away from here so you will never see him again. Go and have some kids instead of running off with someone that we don’t approve of.”

“Have kids?!” Nino yelled. “I don’t even want to those es that you always set up with me! Satoshi is the only one for me, and he’s the one I love. You can’t force love, you know!”

“Kazuya, Kazunari,” he heard his mom call out their names in a soft voice. “Please not here--”

“You stay put, Kazuko. This is between me and your son,” his dad glared at her before she sat down with her lips shut tight. “Kazunari, we raised you up to be healthy to have kids in the future and make your mom and I happy. We don’t allow you to ‘love’ a man and it’s completely forbidden that you see him ever again.”

“You…happy?” Nino scoffed. All his dad ever wanted from him, other than kids, is to be impressive to make him look like he raised his son right. But hearing the fact that they won’t accept him as being gay was worse than hearing that he was going to marry to a woman. “All you ever want out of me is to make you look like a good father! All you, and mom, ever did was take Satoshi away including my happiness! So what, my happiness doesn’t count while you guys can live off happily while your son suffers?! I can’t believe you guys even call yourselves parents.”

“Kazunari, I don’t accept that tone of yours. Starting today, you are to be kept in here. You can’t go out and I’ll make sure you can never see Ohno again.”

“Now your grounding me? Wow, that’ll definitely keep me away,” he said sarcastically, “but I’m grown up now and you can’t tell me how to live, or control my life!”

“Be quiet!” His dad yelled, “I’ll make sure Sakurai-kun and Aiba-kun will go on business trips for you while I bring in extra security to keep you here.”

Nino took his chance to bolt out of his office while his dad was busy making a phone call. He didn’t get to say goodbye to his friends but he knew that they had already picked up on the current situation. He ignored the men in black already after his tail while he made his way out of the company. There was many ways he used to lose track of them and when they were out of sight, he ran to his lover’s condo and was hoping that he was home. When he made it to his floor, he rang his doorbell a few times before the door opened revealing Ohno with a scared look on his face.

“Kazu… They’re taking me away…”

Nino peered over his shoulder and saw Jun sitting on the couch with a gun in his hand.

TBC