Tough Love (Chapter 13)

Tough Love

“S-step away from Satoshi!” Nino stuttered as he stood in front of his lover in defense. “My parents put you up to this didn’t they?!”

Jun smirked before getting up and pointing the gun straight towards him. Nino inched back the more the latter got closer and soon the three of them were outside of the house. A few people that had went out, maybe to go on a walk or fresh air or whatever, all gasped when they saw the man pointing the gun at them. However, Jun only laughed and pulled the trigger.

“I’m sorry,” Jun apologized after Nino has wiped himself off the water that came spewing at his face. “I couldn’t help but laugh at the look of your face when I pulled the trigger. Did you think it was real?”

Nino nodded his head in response, still speechless and shock at the thought of his death flashing before his eyes. He heard the residents gasp then laugh while Ohno was pulling him inside of the condo. He kept gazing at the two of them, confused and completely lost.

“Satoshi…” he finally spoke, “…did you know about this?” Ohno shook his head. He sighed in relief, glad that it wasn’t a prank conducted by the both of them.

“Look,” Jun said after sitting down on the chair opposite of them, “Your parents ordered me to take Ohno-san away while you were running here. I lived in the door next to him, without knowing it, so I came here to ‘visit’ him.”

“So you knew that we--”

“Yes I do. It was so loud…”

“Sorry,” Nino blushed and cuddled closer to Ohno in embarrassment.

“The truth is… I came here to help, and not to take him away from you again,” Jun confessed, “I knew you guys were in love and I didn’t want to see Ohno-san with a heartbroken face. While I was guarding him, I also found someone I love and realized that it’s hard seeing them leave you if they were taken by force.”

“So, this person left you?”

“No,” Jun sighed as he ran his fingers through his brown hair causing his side swept bangs to go back and down again. “I just love her so much that if she left me, I wouldn’t stand to see her leave me.”

“Then how do you suppose we work this out? I mean my parents, especially my dad, will be pissed if someone they trusted betrayed them.”

“That’s why I make it look like I take him. They must have told you that they would keep you inside of the company, but I doubt that since they will let you out if you behave. Until then, you won’t get to see Ohno-san for awhile,” Jun explained thoroughly. “Right now, there are guards on your tail, so I’ll take Ohno-san with me.”

“Ok,” Nino nodded his head, “but how do I know if I can trust you?” Despite the fact that Jun sounded so sincere and honest, some people are good at acting and you can never tell if they are telling the truth. He only knew Jun as a friend in high school, but he never got close to him like he did with Aiba and Sho.

“Here,” Jun handed him a card with numbers on it, “This is my new address and my phone number. You can visit me and Ohno-san once your parents let you out.”

“Thanks,” Nino grabbed the card and slipped it inside his suit pockets. After the two had left and disappeared, Nino sat in the middle of the living pretending to look depressed and lost. When he heard the rapid footsteps and halting outside of the door, that’s when he let the tears out.

Even after the plan had been put in action, Nino still felt horrible. His parents won’t let him love Ohno, they take him away again, and they said he wasn’t allowed to be gay. Those fresh tears coming out of his eyes were the bitter feelings his parents had settled in his heart all those years. He realized he was crying as hard as when he had lost Ohno for those eight years.

When the door slammed opened, Nino turned to see the guards and his parents standing behind them. He cursed and fought when they took him to his feet since Ohno was the only one allowed to take him off the floor. He tried hurting his parents, but the guards were pulling him away from them and instead spit on his father’s shoe.

Nino was forced back into his office with a bunch of guards lining up outside his door. Once the doors had closed and his parents had left, Nino called the number on the phone wanting to hear his lover’s voice. He waited to awhile until he heard the a very cheerful female voice.

“Hello? Jun and Mao’s residence!”

“Uh… Is Matsumoto-kun there? I need to speak to him.”

“Oh! Is this Ninomiya-san? He told me you’d be looking for him, but right now… he’s not here.”

“I see,” Nino said in a flat tone, “I’ll call again in an hour or so.”

“Alright, I’ll let him know you called. It was nice talking to you!”

“Same here,” Nino said before hanging up. For one thing, he was glad his dad hadn’t taken his phone away, or even thought about checking up on the history of his calls. But he knows his dad was a clever man so he thought that it was better to limit his calls to once a week.

As he paced his office, he noticed how the time was much slower unlike those times when he always works. It must be because he was waiting instead of doing but because Sho and Aiba were assigned to do most of his works, he felt bad. He wanted to apologize to them, but he knew they will eventually understand. Just as he was about to take a seat in his sofa, his cell phone rang to a happy tune. He’ll have to change that to a depressing one later.

“Hello?!” Nino answered frantically as soon as he got it in his hand.

“Kazu! It’s me!” He heard that voice he came to love and was relieved that Jun was telling the truth. At the same time, he wanted to hear that voice while seeing his face. He wanted to reach out to his face and then kiss it until his face was completely red from all those kisses. But as for now, he had to wait until his parents cooled down.

TBC