Tough Love (Chapter 3)

Tough Love

Nino gave up wanting to know the truth from his parents. He stopped badgering them when he turned 16 and he just didn’t care anymore. All he cared about was his schoolwork, his videos games, and obviously, Ohno, just in case he trips over something. School was a pain in the though. He and Ohno were forced to go to a private high school without arguments. But it was better than being home schooled since he was able to experience real school life. Anyhow, he still despised everyone around him. And surprisingly enough, they haven’t moved to a new house since then.

He didn’t care if they got strange looks or when they whispered about him and Ohno. He knows they were afraid to say it straight to his face because he was the richest out of all of them and he can bring them down anytime he wanted to. With his chin high up and Ohno closely behind him, they marched to their first period taking the two empty seats besides the window. It was a good thing Nino begged his parents to put Ohno in the same classes as him.

Just as he was about to take his seat, a brown-haired boy came skipping to their direction. “Oh no,” Nino mumbled to himself. It was that kid again who wanted to be friends with them. What was his name again Aiba Sataki? Something like that.

“Morning! Ohno-kun! Nino-chan!” the student greeted them on his way to his seat which was sadly next to his. He didn’t get why this boy tried to be friends with them when really, he should be fearing them like the rest of the whole school.

“Ah, morning Masaki-kun,” he heard Ohno respond back.

Oh, it was Masaki, Nino corrected himself.

“What’s up with Nino-chan? He looks grumpy,” Aiba whispered to Ohno. But Nino wasn’t stupid, Aiba was, since he barely knew how to whisper. If he was a girl and he gossiped, he’d be dead in minutes.

Behind him, Ohno laughed a little. What’s so funny?

“Don’t worry, he always looks like that. I’m sure he’ll get used to you.”

“What? I thought he already likes me,” Aiba whined, his voice sounding more annoying than before. Like hell he liked him! He’s always getting in between he and Ohno, and he insists on sitting with them during lunch. Aiba even followed them home once, saying that he wanted to ‘hang out’, until he got caught and was told to go home.

“Oh! Did you hear? There’s this new student coming to our class today,” Aiba nudged the both of them, his voice still sounding loud rather than a whisper.

New student? Don’t we have enough already? Nino asked himself refusing to interact with Aiba. He ignored the people looking their direction and quickly scanned the room. He noticed how there were two seats that weren’t filled. It’s probably a dorky student, Nino shook his head.

Every once in awhile, their school always had a transfer student. Sometimes a foreigner, mostly American or European, or someone that lived near the school. But he noticed that every transfer that was brought in was dorkier and stupid looking like Aiba. He didn’t care about them as long as they stayed away from him.

“Class!”

All their heads turned to the direction of that voice knowing that it was their teacher. They all watched him walk to the podium and waited for something.

“Class,” he repeated, “we have a new student today.”

“Told you!” Aiba half-whispered to the both of them receiving a glare from the teacher. He immediately apologized and hung his head down low. Nino hugged his head, afraid of bursting from laughter. He did deserve it for being loud…

After they had settled down, their teacher stopped glaring at Aiba and told the student to come in. At the same time Aiba’s head went up, he heard a very, very faint gasp coming from him. At least that was silent unlike his attempted whispers.

Nino was shocked too. He always thought that every transfer student was stupid looking like Aiba. But this student looked way better than him, and he could tell that he had a built body. His bangs were swept to the right side, and he had a partly shaved part on the left side of his head.

“I’m Sakurai Sho,” the new student bowed his head respectfully and stood straight up, “Nice to meet you all. Please treat me kindly.”

Besides him, he heard Aiba’s desk skid slightly, making that annoying screeching sound. Nino covered his ears, but he opened them again when he saw the brown-haired boy run all the way to the front of the classroom. He was slightly taller than the new student, but there really wasn’t that much of a difference.

“Hi!” Aiba grabbed Sho’s hand and shook it frantically. “I’m Aiba Masaki, nice to meet you! Letsbefriends,” he said in a hurry.

Nino watched them with interest, liking the way how Aiba was about to get in trouble. But the latter rushed back to his own desk before the teacher had the time to scold him. He clicked his tongue in annoyance. Now there was another student, and he had a feeling that he’ll try to get close to them too.

“Sorry, I’m late,” another new voice announced himself as the classroom door slid open. He hadn’t seen this student before, and he figured he was the last student to be transferred to their class. This one too, was different and better looking than Aiba, he observed as he ran his eyes up and down the transfer student. This student had a mohawk hair style and it suited him well. His body wasn’t so built as the other transfer’s student though, Nino nodded to himself in agreement.

“Oh, this is Matsumoto Jun,” their teacher told them in advance while the student bowed his head low. He didn’t even introduce himself, and just took the empty seat besides the other transfer student.

Right when class finished, Nino grabbed his and Ohno’s school lunch, and pulled his friend away to the rooftop. This was the only place he liked the best because of the fresh air unlike the uncomfortable, and moist feeling in the school. It really was a nice place to hang out in; except when it rained sporadically.

“Oh-chan, I don’t want to be here. I wanna go home~” Nino whined and held onto Ohno’s uniform until he reacted.

“I know, Nino. Just wait for 2 more years and we are out of here,” Ohno reassured him and smiled to prove it.

Ohno was right. Only two more years and he can do whatever he wanted. He could buy all the video games he wants, all the consoles in the world, and play for many, many hours; oh and college too.

“Yeah, I’ll just wait since you say so.”

“There they are!” a familiar voice interrupted him.

Nino squinted his eyes and saw a tall male waving his hands at them. He didn’t have to guess who it was since he already knew it was that idiot. As Aiba came closer to their direction, other two males followed closely behind him. The other had a calm look on his face, while the other had a smug look. What was their names again?

“Nino-chan! Ohno-kun! I brought Sho-chan and Matsujun along!”

“Don’t call me Matsujun,” the one with the smug expression said. What’s his deal?

He figured the one with the calm expression must be the first transfer that was introduced. He really should start learning to remember people’s names.

“Hi I’m--”

“Yeah yeah,” he waved the transfer away. “I know who you are, you already introduced yourself in class.” For a moment, he regretted cutting him off since he didn’t hear his name, but it was already too late. He just wanted to eat with Ohno and hurry back to class before the bell rang.

“C-can we eat with you?”

“No, Aibaka. Go away.” Yes, that nickname worked well for him.

“Then we’ll just--”

“Don’t mind him,” the well built boy pulled Aiba down. “We’ll eat if it makes you happy.” How long was he gone that the two already started to get along?

“Thanks, Sho-chan,” Aiba giggled, his breathy voice becoming an unwanted music to his ears. “You too, Matsujun,” Aiba pulled the dark-haired boy down until the five of them were sat facing each other.

Now, Nino rolled his eyes, this is going to be a pain in the . I can’t wait for those 2 years to pass by quickly.

TBC