Tough Love (Final)

Tough Love

Thousands of thoughts rushed in his mind as he continued to follow Jun to his house. He saw his lover sprawled on the floor with blood pooling around him but he shook those thoughts away, afraid that he’s going to jinx it. It’s only been a day and yet something bad had already happened to his lover. It was all his parent’s fault all because they wouldn’t accept his uality. If something bad happened to his lover, he was willing to sacrifice his own life just to prove how much he loved him so much.

As he continued to follow Jun, he was running out of patience when finally they stood panting in front of the hospital. Nino refused to move when Jun was pulling him towards the entrance building. If it was Ohno, he didn’t want to go in there and see his lover broken before his eyes. But then again, he loved him no matter what and be there for him anytime and anywhere.

“Satoshi…What happened? Tell me, please…” Nino said as he kept on refusing the man’s pleading voice.

“Not here, right now. Just--Ohno-san really needs you right now. Just please, come with me,” Jun begged his grip tightening around his wrist.

He didn’t want to listen to him, but he obeyed him anyways. They waited for the woman in the front desk to tell them a room number and when she did, they wasted no time in arriving to the said room.

As a kid, Nino hated hearing about deaths, injuries, and the like. Those kinds of things always made him nauseated and sick to the stomach that he begged his parents to bring  doctor home instead. It was also the reason why he barely got injuries unless it came to Ohno. Ever since his lover showed up in his life, he did so many things he never imagined. From touching people, to attending a private school, and to making friends of his own even though he completely regretted hating his friends in the past. And now, Nino gulped as he slid the door open to find his lover laying on a bed, with a bunch of wires hooked in him, and his eyes peacefully closed.

To anyone, it looked like Ohno was in a peaceful state but Nino saw differently. Those bandages and the unattractive bruises on his face made him unrecognizable. But Nino was no fool. He knew who that man was, and he loved that man to bits.

“Satoshi…” he heard his voice tremble as he reached his hand out to cup those beautiful and chubby cheeks. The latter didn’t answer. All he could hear was the beeping coming from the monitor besides the bed, and the sound of his breathing made it look like he was suffering inside.

“Satoshi…” He called out again and this time he let a tear fall down from his eyes. He promised himself he wouldn’t be crying anymore about him yet there he was crying and hoping that his voice could be heard. Somewhere, deep inside of him, he wished that he was the one lying on the bed instead of him.

“Ninomiya-san…”

He turned around at the mention of his name and the familiarity of that voice. His first thought was to strangle that man since he was the one that knocked him out when Ohno had been taken, and he had mysteriously disappeared after that incident. However, he stayed put in his seat, his hand desperately holding onto Ohno, and he gave him his best glare through his cloudy eyes.

“The Master and Mistress told me not to call you… but I called Jun instead. Ohno-kun, he… had an accident,” the ex-butler explained.

“Accident? How?” He asked, his voice still trembling from the despair of seeing his lover on the hospital bed. Only hours had passed since he last talked to him so how in the world did this happen to him?

“When your parents visited,” Jun came in shortly after, his face shadowed despite the bright light in the room, “They ordered a few men to get rid of him, but I was able to stop them…”

It was only then did Nino notice the cuts and ugly bruises all over his face and body. He didn’t have the time to worry about other people since Ohno was the only person in his thoughts. But for his parents to go that far to try and get rid of him? It was very unforgivable. He thought that him being locked away was the farthest they would go, but he never imagined that they would ‘get rid’ of him just so they could selfishly be happy by themselves while he suffered silently on his own.

“I hate them,” Nino snarled and he finally let go of his lover’s hand. He stood up on his feet and pushed past Jun and the butler who were trying their best to stop him. As of right now, Nino just didn’t give a ing care about anything. He snarled at every person that passed by him, and even pushed them out of the way just so he could tell his parents those exact same words he said earlier.

His right sense of seeing things disappeared as soon as he stepped foot in the house he lived in until he turned 20. When he made to his parents room, there they were, sleeping peacefully as if they were in vacation. Nino remembered something like this in the past. It was the night when Ohno was kidnapped and these two did nothing for him. Now it made sense. They’ve been knowing all along the feelings they shared and they tried their best to keep Ohno away from him.

“Wake up, you s!” Nino yelled and kicked the bed until finally, they woke up with a heavy look in their eyes.

“What is it?” His father grumbled before switching the light on. “Wait-- Kazunari! What are you doing--”

“That doesn’t ing matter!” Nino answered since he knew what he was going to ask. “Is it true? That you tried to get rid of Satoshi?!”

“We had to,” his dad said in a stern voice, “we had no choice since all you ever think about is him. And you will never, NEVER, be allowed to see him.”

“I don’t give a !” Nino snarled. “ you, and everything you want me to do for you… you selfish person! If you don’t accept me, then… you don’t have a son anymore!” Nino glared at them his whole body fuming with anger after he realized what he had said. He was about to open his mouth when his mom, finally, had spoken up.

“Kazuya,” she said in a very soothing and calming voice, “Let him do what he wants. I can’t stand to see my son like this anymore and I don’t want him to hate us.”

“But I already hate you guys!” He cut in since it was the truth after all. And out of all the time, his mom chose this time to speak up.

“Kazuko I--”

“Please. If you don’t… I’ll leave you and I wont look back.”

Nino gasped. He knew his mom’s love was strong for his dad and he heard stories from her that they were inseparable as kids. Their parents had strongly opposed to their relationship when they were in high school, but they managed to get married in the end because she claimed she was pregnant after graduating from high school.

“Honey, please don’t say that…” his dad whined in a way Nino found disgusting, “It’s just that, it was hard to see you look so down after you learned that you can’t have kids anymore. I just want you to be happy so I can be happy after our son makes grandchildren for us.”

Nino didn‘t know what to think. So all this time, it was just because his mom wanted more kids and because she couldn’t, his dad was forcing him to marry and have kids to make them happy. It was all for his mom, not his dad. He didn’t know his dad was this caring for his mom since he barely showed it.

“Then I’ll be happy,” she said, “I’ll be happy if my son is happy. Are you ok with that?”

It look like his dad was going to shake his head but he knew his dad would go mad if his wife had left him. Instead, he turned to face him and said, “Go son. Run off to Ohno-kun and you can stay as our son.” With that said, Nino bid them goodnight and rushed back to the hospital where he found Ohno sitting up on the bed with a loving smile on his face.

END