Tough Love (Chapter 5)

Tough Love

Nino refused to talk to Ohno. He even told a student in their class to change seats with him just so he couldn’t talk to him. Even though they lived in the same house, Nino still had his ways to avoid him. He didn’t know the reason why he was acting this way and he could no longer go back.

“What’s wrong with Nino?” He heard Aiba ask Ohno from far away. Maybe that idiot was making his voice loud just so he could hear him.

“I really don’t know. He won’t talk to me,” Ohno answered his voice sounding off than usual.

Oh how he missed that voice. That voice always brought him to his senses and it always gave him a clear view of things. Ever since he stopped talking to him, his focus had been taken away and he wasn’t considered normal anymore.

“How long has he--”

“Ever since Sho came to our house,” Ohno cut Aiba off as if he already knew the question before hand.

He wanted to argue with him, but he had a point. It really was because of that Sho even his parents liked him the first night which allowed him to stay for awhile. He was still curious though since he never knew the reason why Sho was beat up badly.

“I’ll try to talk to him,” Aiba said.

“I will too,” He heard Jun and Sho pitch in at the same time. However he wasn’t going to allow it. He always had ways to avoid everything and he’s sure they will work. After the last bell of the day had finished his stuff was all ready and so were his feet to be taken out of the school. But to no luck, he heard the door slide to a dead close and he knew they four were ready before him.

“Speak,” Jun grabs his stuff and throws it across the room. It was caught by Aiba and he knew there really was no way of getting out. One versus four… he would have been defeated already. And if they had to use any by means to make him speak or even torture him, he won’t utter a word out.

“Leader, Nino won’t speak,” Jun pointed out. Since when did they start calling him leader?

“Fine then,” Jun kicks his leg chair, “If you’re not speaking then--”

“I will, I will!” He gave in, not wanting any skin contact from any of them. He was afraid of giving in so easily but he did so anyways.

“I told you it would work,” Aiba smirked. Just what were they planning?

“But--” Nino put his hand up in time to stop Aiba from giving him one of those hugs. “I will only speak to Oh-chan. This doesn’t concern any of you morons.” With that said, Nino stood up and yanked Ohno out into the hall. He pushed him onto the wall, not caring if he’s hurt from it.

Just like when they first met, he pulled Ohno towards him and gave him his tightest hug. The latter wasn’t crying this time but it was more of vice versa. He watched his tears drop onto Ohno’s uniform until it had been completely soaked.

“I’m sorry Oh-- Satoshi. I don’t hate you, ok? It’s just that… I felt so ignored a-and you didn’t even notice me leave the dinner table. A-and--”

Nino had his eyes wide open and he felt something soft on his lips. It was as warm as his own skin but it was softer compared to his own. It moved gently against his own lips and moved swiftly like a dancing feather.

“There,” Ohno pulled away with a smile on his lips, “That should keep you quiet…for awhile.”

And so it did even after Ohno brought him inside the classroom. The other three were looking at them confused since Nino wasn’t saying anything after Aiba gave him a hug. He would usually shrug him off, or kick him away until he gave up trying to attack him with another hug.

“What happened?” He heard Jun ask Ohno from an earshot. His focus was out of the world, but he was still slightly aware of everything around him.

“We’ll tell you soon but right now Nino and I have to go. You too, Sho.”

And so Nino was dragged out into the schoolyard, to the streets, and to his house. He was pushed into his room by Ohno and his door was shut right in his face. Dazed, he walked to his bed forgetting about his homework, and fell right to sleep with the feeling of Ohno’s lips still dancing against his own.

The following morning, Nino woke up with the same dazed feeling. Yesterday didn’t feel real and he knows his friend didn’t kiss him. He must have missed his cheeks and accidentally landed on his lips.

“You up?”

Nino didn’t have to turn around since he already knew who it was. Considering what happened yesterday, he gasped anyways startled that his presence was so sudden. It was just Ohno that made it harder to say, “Good morning.”

“Ni--Kazu, are you ready for school?” Ohno asked him, his voice sounding a bit higher. It was the first time Ohno had called him ‘Kazu’ before and he it sounded nice coming from him.

He nodded his head in response and refused to move. He stayed unmoving for one good minute before he heard the door close and the sounds of Ohno’s footsteps vanishing. Exhaling, he stood up and got himself prepared for school. He didn’t take that long getting prepared and he was already downstairs seated besides Ohno.

Though he was still bothered that Sho was present, that didn’t stop him from smiling like Aiba did. During breakfast, Ohno tried getting his attention although he kept glancing at him from time to time. Even Sho was giving them weird glances so he stuck his tongue out until Sho had stopped.

“Shall we go to school?” Ohno asked him after they had finished off the last of the bread crumbs.

And like a school girl, Nino nodded his head and was escorted out with Sho following closely behind them.

TBC