2

Thank You (Re-Post)

Kyuhyun walked alongside the road, hugging himself to protect himself from the cold air, “Aish!! Why is it so cold tonight?” After few minutes of walking, he could see a 24 hours store, “Ahh, I should get something warm to drink.” While walking towards the store he slid his left hand into his pocket and smiled.

He walked straight to where the warm drink was located and took a can of warm coffee, sliding it quickly into his pocket together with his hand. “Hey?” Kyuhyun froze as he heard someone’s voice behind him, assuming the voice was talking to him. “Hey?” The voice’s owner walks closer and pats his shoulder. “Yyy…Yes?” Kyuhyun stuttered as he saw the voice’s owner once he had turned around. “Put it back.” The man in mid 20s said with a warm smile, but Kyuhyun can’t take his eyes off from the man’s face. “Hey?” the man snapped his fingers in front of Kyuhyun. “Look boy…I’ve saw what you did just now, so you better put it back before…” the man stopped talking as he realized Kyuhyun was still staring intensely at his face. “Are you okay?” the man asked as Kyuhyun looked pale and shivered. “Hey?” Kyuhyun was shocked as the man shakes his shoulder. “Hhhh...Hyuungg…” The man smiled. “Well…obviously I’m older than you, so you can call me hyung, but there’s something more important for us to settle right now.  You can get thrown in jail for shopliftings so… are you okay?” the man asked again as Kyuhyun’s eyes began watering. “Hyung…” The man was shocked and went speechless as Kyuhyun suddenly hugged him tight. “Hey? If you think you can get out from this with a hug like this well I think you’re wrong.” The man bit his lip as Kyuhyun suddenly cried on his shoulder. “Ummm…” “Youngwoonie hyung….” the man was shocked. “Umm, I think you…”

“I know but can you let me hug you for a while?” Kyuhyun asked, as he knew the man he was hugging is definitely not his Youngwoonie hyung. 

“Kangin-sshi? Is everything alright?” someone suddenly asked. “Yes. This drink, it’s on me.” Kangin said while showing the drink he took from Kyuhyun’s pocket to his worker who then nodded and left. “Should we take a walk together for a while?” Kangin asked, releasing himself from Kyuhyun’s hug. “I’m sorry hyung.” surprisingly Kyuhyun bowed, which he has never done to anyone during these 4 years. “Okay but no next time. Understand?” Kyuhyun nodded and wanted to leave as soon as he could. He was scared that he would forget the reality that his hyung is already gone and the man in front of him is a stranger. “Hey! Wait!” Kanging grabbed Kyuhyun’s arm. “Are you going home? Where are you staying? Let me walk you home.” Kangin smiled again while Kyuhyun kept staring at the face he missed so much. The man’s face was exactly the same as his hyung’s, especially the eyes and the aura is just the same, warm, comfortable and protective aura that he confirmed by hugging the man earlier.

“Can I? Umm...I need to see your parents to talk on something.” Kangin carefully asked as he felt the boy standing in front of him is not that bad and he felt something when he looked at the boy’s face. Kyuhyun shook his head, “Don’t worry, I just want to know them. Maybe we can be friends.” Silence suddenly took over and Kangin didn’t know why he said that to a stranger who tried to steal something from his store. “Umm I was shoplifting just now if you forgot…and you want to be friends with me? You look older than me...” Kyuhyun said, with his eyes on the floor, and he kept his eyes that way even when Kangin dragged him out from the store to a bench outside the store and they took a seat. “I know and I remember what you intended to do just now but still…well maybe I’m a bit older than you and it’s not a crime right?” Kyuhyun looked up, staring at Kangin’s face as Kangin patted his head lightly. For the first time in four years his heart felt warmth…no one ever did that to him since Youngwoon died, and the action made his eyes wet but he held it back and slowly words slipped out from his lip, telling Kangin everything without being asked. “My parents died 4 years ago together with my brother and you know what? You look exactly like my late brother. My mighty brother, Youngwoonie hyung.”  Kangin could see Kyuhyun was so proud mentioning his brother, but somehow he pitied the boy and although he doesn’t know why but he believed Kyuhyun didn’t lie to him at that moment.

Meanwhile, Yesung was awake and he realized Siwon is beside him. He looked up to see Siwon, who rested his back on the headboard, staring blankly to the front. “Hyung….” as the elder didn’t hear him he tugged the elder’s hand beside him. “Eh? You’re not asleep yet?” Siwon asked while checking on Heechul who in deep sleep. “Kyu is not home yet?” Yesung asked and instead of answering his dongsaeng’s question, Siwon smiled and lay down, supporting his head with his hand while staring at the younger quietly. “What if Kyu really left? We should look for him hyung…” Siwon sighed and didn’t know what to say. “Hyung…I feel bad. I should’ve treated him better. He must be really upset…” Siwon cut Yesung off, “Why would you feel bad?” Yesung pouted, “It’s because of me….I heard everything just now hyung.” “So?” Siwon asked. “Umm, maybe he’s right. Is it true Heechul hyung never cared for him? How about you? Hyung, I’m fine now so both of you don’t have to treat me like this. Let’s make it better for Kyu…maybe he felt left out and maybe you can talk to Chullie hyung to let me go to school again. Then Kyu will feel better like the old days. I can go to school with him, have our lunch together, play at the schoolyard together and come home together and he will never skip school anymore. It’s sounds good, right hyung?” Yesung played with Siwon’s fingers, attempting to persuade the elder. “Can you talk to Chullie hyung? I’ll take care of myself and I’ll take my meds on time and I won’t do any heavy activities. I promise!” Siwon just stared at his dongsaeng’s pleading face. “Even if you’re fine now, we can’t take any risk. Just stay at home. You can’t get tired at all. Please understand us Yesung-ah. Heechul hyung and I love you so much and that’s why we’ll minimize the risk as much as possible. We don’t know when you’ll get a donor so you have to…” before Siwon could finish his word, Yesung turned away from him, showing his disappointment. “Yesung…look here dear. It’s for you sake…” Siwon tried to pull Yesung to face him but failed as the younger yanked his hand away. “Are you mad?” Siwon asked but received nothing as an answer.

While both of them were heading to Kyuhyun’s house, Kyuhyun suddenly stopped. “What’s wrong?” Kangin asked. “Umm, I don’t wanna go home.” Kangin waited for the younger to state his reason. “I really don’t wanna go home. I know I was wrong and you’re sending me home just to tell my hyungs what I did just now, but that’s not the reason why I refuse to go home. I just….I just hate to be home.” Kangin nodded. “Then, let’s go!” Kangin put his hand on Kyu’s shoulder turned the younger around. “Where?” Kyuhyun asked. “Back to the store where else? You can stay there until the morning. “Really? What if I…” “You won’t, because I trust you.” Kangin knew what Kyuhyun wanted to say but he believed Kyuhyun would not steal anything again from his store.

After sitting at corner of the store alone doing nothing, Kyuhyun decided he should repay Kangin’s kindness. “Umm…hyung? Do you need help with anything?” Kangin smiled and that was the beginning of a new hope for Kyuhyun as he asked Kangin’s permission to live there on the second floor. He even started working there as a part time worker. He finally found the love he was craving during these years and slowly forgot about his hyungs.

It had been three days and Kyuhyun didn’t come home. Seeing Heechul and Siwon act as nothing has happened, Yesung couldn’t stop himself from feeling scared of losing his little brother. The elders would change the subject once he asked about Kyuhyun and he was not brave enough to disobey his hyung’s order to go out looking for Kyuhyun. His heart was not at ease, the feelings he felt four years ago keep haunting him again and again. “Kyu…where are you? Do you hate me that much?” Unconsciously his tears flowed.

“Hyung!” Yesung called as he saw Heechul in front of the gate. “Get inside.” Heechul dragged Yesung inside as the younger walking out to get to him. “Did you find Kyu? Did you check at his school? Did you ask his friend?” Heechul ignored all the questions and made Yesung sit. “Stop talking and finish your lunch.” Yesung stared at his lunch, “I wonder how he is doing…if he gets to eat like this…hyung…let’s find him…” Yesung asked while crying. “He’ll come home when he feels that he need us.” Heechul said calmly. “What if something bad happen to him?” Yesung widened his eyes and asked the elder. “Stop thinking negatively and if something bad really happen to him then we have to let him go.” Hearing what the elder said Yesung felt like someone was stabbing his heart again and again and again. It was not the pain from his disease but the pain from his greatest fear of losing another important person in his life. “You can’t say that hyung! He’s our…” “He is the one who wants it that way! I’m tired of him!”Heechul said, stomping his hand on the table in front of Yesung. “Hyung….” Yesung felt helpless, carefully trying to control his breathing as Heechul walked away. “I’m leaving…don’t go out! If you disobey me you’re just like Kyu. Take care of yourself.” Getting nothing as the answer Heechul peeked inside the kitchen. “Yesung? Do you hear me?” Heechul rushed to the kitchen. “Alright hyung. I can hear you.” Yesung played with his spoon while Heechul kept staring at him with a worried expression. “I’m fine.” Heechul wasn’t convinced by that answer. “Really? I’ll call Siwon to ask him to come home early.” Heechul still had his eyes on Yesung and he realized he had been overboard arguing with his brother. “As you wish hyung.” Yesung said helplessly. “Lock the door.” Heechul ordered as he walked out while calling Siwon. “Aish, he never picks up his phone! What’s the use of having a phone then?!” Heechul said to himself, but kept trying to call his brother. “Auhh!!! He didn’t pick up!” Heechul kept grumbling. He had been looking for Kyuhyun quietly once his working hours ended but didn’t find him. The thoughts that the magnae left the house because of him made Heechul feel guilty and burdened even more.

Meanwhile, Siwon just completed one of his tasks. As usual he got back to his apartment to get some rest before starting another task after a few hours of resting and preparing the necessities. He received quite a lot of tasks to be completed but he had to reject some of them because he needed to find Kyuhyun. As he checked his phone, he saw 59 missed calls from Heechul. “Oh my God!!” Siwon couldn’t think of anything except the worst thing, and he assumed that something bad happened to Yesung. Cancelling the final task for that day, he changed and rushed out while calling for Heechul.

“Where have you been??!! You didn’t pick up your phone! Don’t use a phone if you don’t know how to pick up a call! Why do you guys always make me worry? Why do you guys always treat me like this?!” Heechul attacked with questions as soon as he picked up Siwon’s call. “Hyung…calm down. I had something urgent to do just now. What happened? How’s Yesung? Which hospital hyung?” Siwon asked desperately. “What are you talking about?! Just go home now if you can.” “I’m on my way home. How is he? Is it bad?” “He’s fine!” Siwon stopped running immediately as Kyuhyun popped out in his mind. “Kyu?? It’s Kyu! How is he?” “Yah!!! I wish I knew! Just go home now. Keep Yesung company.” Heechul could hear Siwon’s sigh. “Control your temper hyung. It’s getting worse nowadays.” Siwon warned the eldest before hanging up the phone.