6

Thank You (Re-Post)

Beta-ed by [info]amanda_clarissa

Chapter: 6/?



Kyuhyun didn’t know how long he’s been standing, staring at the closed door in front of him. He wanted to cry but the tears won’t come out, he wanted to take a seat, since his body is aching but he’ll just end up even more restless once he does, he wanted to leave, run away from that situation, but his legs won’t even move. He leaned his back on the closed door, and clasped his hand together, trying to focus with his eyes closed, praying that Yesung will be fine. He’s not that sick…he was fine these days...These months…these years…he was just fine…he didn’t look that sick…so he won’t go..He won’t...Yes he won’t…



“Hey?” Kangin tapped the younger’s shoulder. “Huh?” Kyuhyun was surprised. Kangin has left earlier and told the younger the reason, but Kyuhyun couldn’t process what the elder told him earlier, he didn’t even realize Kangin wasn’t there with him. “Whe...When you...no...Where were you?” Kyuhyun gets confused. “Yea?” Kangin barely smiled because he knows exactly why the younger became like that. “I’ve called my friend and he’s inside, my friend’s a cardiologist. So, I asked him to look at Yesung’s case and he agreed” Kangin explained without being asked. “Are you okay? Let’s take a seat.” Kyuhyun realized something and he wanted to ask, but he was interrupted as the closed door of Yesung’s room opened and two doctors walked out.

“Dr. Leeteuk told me that both of you are Yesung’s family” the middle aged doctor asked.

“Yes, we are. How he’s doing? Hyung? He’s fine right?” Kangin asked on behalf of Kyuhyun.

Both doctors look at each other before Leeteuk replied, “He’s still unconsious, his condition is quite weak right now, umm I’ll explain everything to both of you later because I need to discuss few things with Dr. Soo. Both of you can visit him later. A nurse will guide both of you.” Dr. Soo then guided Leeteuk to his office while Kangin and Kyuhyun walked into Yesung’s room.

####

“This is your payment for this month and don’t forget I need you to deliver that thing to someone early in the morning. Understand?” Siwon took the envelope and squezed it tight. He smiled just to think that he wanted to buy something healthy for Yesung later. “It’s okay to smile but don’t forget what I’ve said just now. Get some rest for tonight at the warehouse” Siwon nods just then his cellphone rang.

“Siwon ah….” Heechul anxiously called his name and he knows right away something bad is happening. “Yes hyung….say it…” Siwon asked for the details. “Yesungie…” Once he heard Yesung’s name, he grabs a piece of paper and a pen then wrote something and passed to his boss.

SOMETHING HAPPENED WITH MY BROTHER SO I HAVE TO LEAVE NOW. I’M SORRY BUT I CAN”T DELIVER THAT THING LATER.

“What’s wrong hyung? Tell me...I’m going home right away.” He quickly make a move without greeting his boss since he’s on the phone and has to leave in hurry but then his boss grabs his upper arm stop him from leaving. He widens his eyes protesting his boss. “Tell me what’s wrong with Yesung. Is it bad? Why do you sound like this?” Siwon ignored his boss when he heard Heechul was crying, voice was shaky and Siwon could hear Heechul’s breathing sounds like he was walking or maybe running around. “He’s not home…” Siwon struggling to let himself free, “what do you mean he’s not home? Have you looked round?” instead of an answer Siwon could only hear Heechul’s cries. “Where are you? Listen to me hyung. Just stay at home and wait for me. Do you hear me? Hyung?!” Siwon raised his voice as Heechul didn’t response. “Hyung?” “Ok.” Heechul answered.



Siwon quickly pushed everyone including his boss away from him, “hyungnim…please! I have to go. Something bad might have happened.” His boss smirked. “You’ve agreed to deliver that thing for me so you have to do it.” Siwon’s desperate to see his hyung, to find his dongsaeng, to know what has happened. “Umm, okay. Let me go to see what happened, its just I need to ensure nothing bad is happening then I’ll come back here and deliver it for you.” his boss snorted. “Really? Let’s see…but what if something bad is really happening? Will you abandon your problem and come back?” his boss was talking the right thing. He can’t leave Heechul alone if something bad happen to Yesung. “See…I’ve know you for three years, I know what your problem is but remember! You’ve owed me…you owed me your brother’s life. If I didn’t lend you the money for all this time….”


“Yesung might be dead by now…I know…I owe you too much.” Siwon sighed.

Yes, if his boss didn't lend him the money they couldn't afford for Yesung's needs, medication, hospital admission and check up fees. Siwon had lied to Heechul telling the eldest that they got special discount because Yesung is an orphan but the truth is he paid for everything behind Heechul's back because he know that his hyung does not like borrowing money and receive the help from strangers.

“But I have to leave, no matter what, Yesung is not well this morning...” his boss approached and tapped his shoulder. “Siwon ah…you’ll deliver that thing tomorrow or leave the group BUT…” his boss stressed his word. “If you leave then you have to pay me back everything, all at once! I don’t care! And if you can’t, then Heechul, Kyuhyun and Yesung…you know what I can do to them…” his boss walking slowly around him. “Stop threatening me!”

“Hmm maybe I’ll take Yesung first and I just need to tell him what you’ve done during these years…sounds interesting.” his boss laughing at his face.



Yesung will get shocked if he know everything…he will never forgive me…he won’t accept me if he knows I''m a killer, a drug dealer…he will get shocked and…and…and...



“Fine! Fine! Fine…I’ll do it…as your wish I’ll do it.” His boss takes a deep breath. “That’s my boy… being ‘good people’ like us, we shouldn’t have any relationship with anyone. I’ve told you that remember? But I’ve given you an exception, so you have to follow my orders. Understand?!” Siwon nods. “If you succeed in delivering that thing, I’ll help you.” Siwon look straight to his boss eyes as the leader whispered. “So then you can keep threatening me? Like this?” Siwon whispered back. “Maybe..but everything is up to you, if you can solve that problem then don’t come to me and if not…come to me and let me help you.” with that last whisper the leader left.

Siwon fell on his knees; he didn’t know what to do next, and how he should tell Heechul. He know exactly how Heechul condition would look like if something bad happens, especially if its about Yesung.



###

“He looks so peaceful…” Kangin said once he saw Yesung but didn’t notice Kyuhyun been staring at him. “Hyung…thank you for helping us, and taking us here.” Kangin smiled. “Are you hungry? I can get something for you from the café.” Kyuhyun smiled and shook his head. “How can I feel hungry and eat in a situation like this hyung...But how do you know about doing the massage? How do you know he have heart problem?You seem to know well.” Kangin was startled but quickly answered. “Well, Leeteuk hyung is my best friend so I know quite a lot about this cardiac thing..so that's why...”

Kyuhyun satisfied with the answer, “Then, what do you think? Is he at the worse condition?” Kangin could see sorrows and regrets in Kyuhyun’s eyes. “I know nothing about his condition…the last thing I remember was when he collapsed once he found out Youngwoon hyung, mum and dad had died. That time I thought he’d leave us too, and I was so scared so I never left his side. It’s exactly like this… me waiting at his side, seeing those machines, tubes and wires on his body…” before Kangin could asked anything Leeteuk walked in.



“Kyuhyun ah, you want to know about your hyung’s condition right?” Kyuhyun nods. “We’ve to put him to sleep to minimize his heart activities and did you notice his feet are swelling and the bruises on his body?” Leeteuk received no response so he continued. “His heart is in such a weak condition and we’ve put him under a few medications to avoid other organ failure, since his heart has stopped for few second just now…and due to this attack I’m afraid he’ll complain about discomfort or maybe numbness on his left side especially his arm.” Kyuhyun couldn’t believe what he heard and fortunately Kangin was there to comfort him. “I’m so sorry if I was too straight forward, maybe this is too much for you to endure...” upon hearing that, Kyuhyun look at Yesung who seems so calm. “I’m fine… you can tell me everything. He must be in pain…” Kyuhyun took a seat on a chair beside the bed, closer to Yesung but he still didn’t have the guts to touch the elder.



“He is in pain, just stay by his side because he needs that. The nurse said he mumbled your name when he was brought into the ER.” Kangin nods as he completely understood what the elder had said. “So are you going to take over his case?” Leeteuk didn’t answer right away. “If I were going to take over his case, that means he’ll have to move into my hospital. Is that okay? Kyuhyun ah, since my hospital is a private hospital…”

“I’ll pay for everything hyung. Just give him the best treatment.” Leeteuk nods as Kangin cut him off. “I’ll arrange that for you but maybe this will take time since his doctor is on leave and of course you have to get his guardian consent first.” Leeteuk sneaked a glance at Kyuhyun who seems lost in his own world. “It’s okay, take your time.” Kangin said. Few minutes later Leeteuk left to gather what he needs about Yesung’s medical records.


Heechul hyung will gone crazy if he found out about this, both of them will blame me… and they’ll chase me away, away from Yesung. Then I couldn’t stay by his side like this anymore… they’ll never let me stay. Ahhh…hyungs will be so mad at me...and he will never agree to let Kangin hyung pay for everything...Heechul hyung...Siwon hyung...they can't afford to pay, they can't afford for the best treatment..



“Kyuhyun ah?” Kangin’s voice makes him startled. “You’re spacing out? Are you okay?” Kyuhyun wiped away his cold sweats and nods. “Call your hyungs…” Kangin handed him a cellphone. “Don’t just stare at it. Take it and call them.” Kyuhyun looked at the phone then looked up to its owner. He’s struggling with his own emotion, he didn’t know what to do. “I can’t…” Kangin was confused. “What do you mean you can’t?” Kyuhyun pushed away the cellphone.

“I can’t tell them yet…I just can’t.” Kangin was dumbfounded. “Kyuhyun ah….”


###

“Hyung, don’t go anywhere. Just stay at home until I come back. Then, I’ll promise you we’ll look for Yesung and Kyuhyun, both of them.” Siwon keep calling Heechul to ensure the elder is fine instead of wondering around. “Okay, comes home quickly.” “Of course. Calll me if anything happen, okay hyung?” “Okay…”

Siwon hung up his phone, wearing his disguise and picked up the briefcase and got in the car. About half an hour later, he arrived at a car park with just one black sedan parked at the center. He drove the car near the black car.

“You brought the thing?” a bold man asked as both of them rolled down their window. “You brought the money?” the bold man smirked. “We’ve been dealing for years, don’t you trust us?” Siwon don’t have time to argue on anything. “Let’s get this done. ”Then both of them exchange their briefcase through the window. “Woon ah…” the bold man initiated to talk. “So, we’re done.” Siwon quickly cut him off and rolled up the window then drove away.

“Such an arrogant...” the bold man muttered.



###

“Where is the hospital that Leeteuk hyung mentioned?” Kyuhyun suddenly asked Kangin after both of them stayed silence for hours. “It’s at the next district, not that far.”

“Did you really mean what you’ve said? Do you really willingly to pay for everything?” Kangin couldn’t get what the younger was trying to say. “That hospital… they will give the best treatment right? They’ll cure Yesung right? Let’s move Yesung to that hospital then.” “But we have to get your hyung’s consent first.” Kangin said. “I’m his brother too, his blood brother. I can give that consent.” Kangin sighed. “You’re just 15 Kyuhyun ah…you can’t. Both of you are under your guardian supervision which is your hyung.” Kyuhyun shook his head. “I can’t let them know. Hyung! Help me! I don’t want to be separated with Yesung. They’ll definitely blame me on this and then they’ll chase me out of here.” Kyuhyun grabs Kangin’s hand pleading. “Kyuhyun ah, you can’t do this. They have to know and look at the time now...They must be deadly worried since Yesung is not home.” Kyuhyun feels desperate, “You don’t understand hyung, and they won’t let me stay by Yesung’s side like this and they won't accept your help but I will . Can you help me hyung? Until he gets better, once he feels better I promise I’ll tell them. Please hyung…” Kangin doesn’t know what to say. Leeteuk heard everything and keep shaking his head as a sign to tell Kangin he shouldn’t agree with the boy. But looking at Kyuhyun’s desperate eyes Kangin couldn’t say no. “Okay…” as soon as Kangin agreed Kyuhyun hugged him tight, while saying his gratefulness to the elder.

Leeteuk shook his head while mouthing, ‘this is wrong’ to tell his friend he shouldn’t agreed with the boy.