Broken

The Girl who Cried Wolf

Kris felt neglected as he stared at the back view of the girl who used to follow him around wherever he goes. Just, she walked past him without realizing his existence because her eyes were too busy fixated on someone else. That person who had stolen her away right before his eyes; he hated him to his guts.  Kris felt forgotten when he checked his phone and realize she still had not texted him.

“She always text to ask whether to go home together.” He mumbled to himself.  

There, Kris felt like a pathetic lost puppy, standing amongst the students who were streaming out of school. His eyes were wandering about, in an attempt to find a certain someone whom he had lost. He found her. However, she belongs to someone else now. Her fingers were laced within Lay’s as they merrily made their way out of school. The blissful couple scene made his heart feel as if it has been brutally ripped apart. The scene was killing him so much but he kept on staring. At that instant, Kris felt thrown away. Like a used doll being casted aside, he felt thrown away. He realized only then that his purpose of staying by her side has been fulfilled. By someone else.

The walk back home was a long one.

-

Kris waited for three days, six hours and fifty four minutes before he received a message from her.

To: Kris

Yah. I haven’t seen you around. You aren’t dead, are you? Kekeke…

 

To: Jaerin

Why are you texting me? Your boyfriend isn’t around to keep you accompanied?

 

Jaerin froze when she read his message reply. She didn’t know whether it was that playful hint of jealousy laced within the message which made her feel uncomfortable.

“He always act like this, isn’t it?” she thought to herself.

Shaking her head, she typed a quick reply back to her best friend.

 

To: Kris

Can’t I text my best friend? What’s up with you? Drank too much in the early afternoon?

 

“Yea, yea. I am drunk. Love drunk.” He scoffed.

Tossing his phone aside, Kris changed out into another set of clothes. If she wanted him drunk, her wish would be his command. It was better to sink into a world of unconsciousness where nothing mattered, at least for now, he thought. Entering the club with shimmering lights, Kris settled himself at a desolated corner. It is usually his style to choose a seat in the limelight but today, he wasn’t in the mood.

“Yah. You look as if you’ve fallen out of love. Are you alright?” The familiar bartender asked, wiping the bottle casually.

“Give me the strongest alcoholic mix.” He pointed at him demandingly.

The bartender nodded before backing away. It didn’t take a few shots before Kris lay down on the cushioned seat like a lost kitty on the streets. He began blabbering away non-stop, saying things others could barely make out. Outsiders were pointing at him as they walked past. Some of those young girls even took snap shots of him. The bartender shook his head as he made his way to the familiar friend. Taking his phone from his pocket, he dialed his only few available contact- Park Jaerin.

“Hello? Is this Jaerin-ssi? This is Kim Dongmin, the bartender at the club you always frequent with Kris? He’s really drunk now. Could you please come and pick him up?”

“Like seriously? Ugh. This fellow.” Jaerin ended the call abruptly and rolled her eyes.

“Eh, I’m sorry. Something cropped up and I don’t think we can go on a date today.” She apologized.

“What happened?” Lay asked concernedly.  

And that made Jaerin melt a little inside seeing his worried expression. This is the man she fell in love with. The man who would without knowing who the person in trouble is, start worrying as if it is his business. She smiled and shook her head.

“Nothing much. Just a friend of mine whom got himself drunk.”

“Is the friend Kris?”

She nodded her head with slight annoyance showing on her face.

“Got to pick that troublemaker up, I’ll call you later.” She said and waved him off.

“Wait a minute.” He held onto her hand.

She looked up at him in confusion.

“Let’s go together.” Lay said with an angelic smile which made her world seemingly blinded for a moment.

There was no way she could say no to him, she thought. When the two arrived at the club, Kris was trashing about like a bratty kid at home. Upon seeing him lose his cool, Jaerin started shouting at him to stop. However, he did not heed her demands. The bartender tried to hold him back but to no avail. The first thing Lay thought he should do was to help keep him in check so he went forward and grabbed him by his shoulders.

“Yah. Are you mad?!” Jaerin screamed beside Kris’ ears.

Kris smiled upon seeing Jaerin’s face. However, when he registered Lay’s face at the scene, the anger building up within him got out of control. He forcefully swung Lay aside, causing him to fall onto the floor.  The broken glass lying on the ground grazed his palm and he had to hold onto his wrist and bite his lips to hold in the pain. Jaerin instantly shoved Kris aside upon seeing that. She rushed forward and the blood gushing out of his wound made her really upset at Kris.

“Is this how you treat the people who are here to help?!” She shouted in his direction.

Without saying another word, she helped Lay out and left the bar. He could vaguely make out the words and sentences coming out of after which. He could only remember how she pushed him aside and left with her beloved boyfriend.  

“So now… Is all of this my fault?”

In his half sober state, Kris took his wallet out and left enough money on the table to foot the bill and mess he had created. Then, he staggered out of the club with a heart in the state of those glass cups.

-

Kris couldn’t take it anymore. He couldn’t stand her ignoring him, treating as if he did not exist in this world. Walking up to her, he grabbed her wrist and ignoring her protests, he dragged her away. Seconds later, they found themselves standing at the same rooftop.

“Let go.” She demanded.

He released her and before she could take her leave, he blocked her way.

“Talk to me first.” He pleaded.

“What do you want to say?” she questioned.

He stared at her for the longest time and those late confessions and words of apology vanished into thin air.

“I…I…”

“Don’t you think you still owe someone an apology?”

 “What?”

“My boyfriend. He got hurt because of you, isn’t it?”

The way she looked at him, saying those words so easily made Kris’ heart felt cold in an instant.

“Park Jaerin, you have found someone you love. “ He stated.

“Yah. I’m taking about an apology you owe he-”

“How about me?”

His question truthfully took her by surprise.

“W-What are you talking about?”

“Forget it.”

With that, he left the rooftop when the wind blown.

“Kris Wu!” She yelled but that did not stop him from leaving.

 

 

Author's Note:

I finally updated something and I hope this ain't too disappointing.
Do comment! ^^I'll be really delighted to read your comments. <3
We are not far from the ending... (: