Shin’s Time in Daycare and Present

Who My Son Picked to Love

Korean

Mandarin

English

Can’t really say which o

Author’s POV

When Jai Li and Luhan dropped Shin off at daycare at first he was worried that they had abandoned him there.

When he heard his mom look back at him and tell him that they’d be there to pick him up after school.

Shin sits by his classmates thinking to himself, ‘When omma and appa leave me here I was hurt a bit cause I thought that meant that they don’t want me anymore. Omma, was so happy for me. Omma says I’m just like her. I want to be like omma… and like Luhan-appa. I know that Luhan… isn’t my appa, but I want to  think that instead of the meanie. I’ll be a good boy and mommy will always keep me.’

Shin is jostled out of his thoughts when a somewhat bigger boy pushes him out of his seat while the teacher wasn’t looking.

Shin shouts out in surprise and a bit of pain.

Still the teacher doesn’t look back and the older boy says to him, “Stay out of the way, liar.”

Shin looks at him confused as he quietly says in Korean like his mother told him to do , “I’m not a liar… Mommy, said too always tell the truth. Why am I?

Shin followed his speech pattern much like his mother would sit down and teach him, “That man isn’t your dad. I heard your dad is a bad man just like you.

Before anyone knew it the older kid was on the floor on his back and Shin was holding his hand in a first.

He never wanted to hurt anyone, but when the boy compared him too the man he simply named ‘the Meanie’ he acted before thinking.

THe teacher then decides to turn around too see Shin holding a fist and an older boy lying on the ground.

Park Shin, what have you done?”

Shin looks at the teacher and woman in charge of these small classes with wide and terrified eyes before he started to cry.

Knowing what kind of trouble he did and what kind of a mean thing he did Shin only felt the guilt of it all.

The teacher sighs as she grabs Shin and the older boy pulling them out of the room she asks, “What happened?

Neither of the boys speak knowing they’d get in trouble.

A girl maybe a little bit older than the boy that had hurt Shin comes out of the classroom and says, “Shin was pushed out of his chair by Junhyung. Then Junhyung called Shin a liar and a bad man so Shin punched him. It’s all Junhyung’s fault.

It amazes the teacher that the girl had spoken cause the teacher and everyone else believed the girl to be mute.

Soonbok… It’s nice of you to stick up for a new classmate, but I told everyone to stay in their seats.

The girl gives her teacher a blank stare as she shrugs her shoulders, "Bathroom."

This shocks the teacher for Soonbok was always seemly respectful towards others, but still she lets Soonbok through.

When Shin and Junhyung come back into the classroom the girl that had helped him is sitting at his table for he won’t be alone.

She turns to him when he sits down, “I’m Lee Soonbok.”

Park Sehun Shin.” Shin tells her with a straight bored face.

She gives him a look before she looks around the room too see that the younger boy is getting glares from around the room.

Though Shin didn’t care for he had made his first friend in his entire life at least he hoped that Soonbok would be his friend.

As the day goes on Shin is left alone at his table through most of it.

Still Soonbok always seems to pull her way towards him as she tries to make him smile.

Shin’s mood increased throughout his time at the daycare/school. His day went from worse to better back too worse when it came too being picked up he didn’t find his mom and ‘dad, instead he found his grandfather standing at the gate.

Where is mom and dad?

They are in a press conference and we need to get you there as well.

‘I look at grandpa and I wish that he wouldn’t tell people about appa and omma… If the kids find out here they’ll tease me even more.’

Shin was lost in his train of thought at his grandfather lead him to  his car where a driver opened the back doors for the president and his grandson.

Mr. Park watched as Shin seemed to move on autopilot and how there was no other children with him as he left the school building.

How was school?

Shin looked at his grandfather and shrugged avoiding the question and the much older man knew this too be so.

Still he didn’t question the 4 year old nor did he ask more about school.

It wasn’t until they reached the SM building did Mr. Park even look at his grandson, who had fallen asleep during the ride too the SM building.

Mr. Park gently picked up his grandson as he goes to leave the car.

When they enter the building Jai Li is already at the door too take her son from her father and Luhan discreetly takes Shin’s school bag.

Jai Li holds her son close to her as she mumbles, “He must have had a long day. Poor baby.”

If only Jai Li had a real idea of what it was like for her son, but Shin won’t talk about it cause he won’t want to go to a different school.

Your POV

It’s amazing what kind of work that Shin must have been through today…. Though I have had him read to me since she could speak. I’d sit down with him and as I’d read I’d point too every word for he’d get an idea of what it’d look like.

I know that I pushed my son too much but part of it was just out of habit of working with kids that were barely kindergarten.

I carry my son to my father’s office and realize that there’s so much that I don’t know about how my son feels.

I set him down and think, ‘maybe I’m too hard on him and that I should have waited a year to send him to a daycare or school much less this 1.’

I’m sitting on the couch with Shin when he wakes up and looks at me, “Mommy… What about the cameras and that?

I look down as I realize that my father had told my son about the conference, “Mommy, had canceled it saying that she wanted to wait a bit longer.

Why?

Cause mommy wants to be settled down at school before Luhan-appa and I go public.

Shin nods his head as he curls up closer to me and I don’t have the confidence to tell the truth that I’m afraid to go public. Thinking back to the trainees and even the people treated me before Luhan and I actually started dating and it was just rumors that we were. It makes me shiver about the threats and everything that I had gotten that week before everything was completely cleared up.

I don’t let the other’s know but I still get threatening messages once in awhile to on my facebook and twitter. There’s also a girl that knows my number and will sit there and call me in the middle of the night.

I sigh when my phone goes off and I look to see that someone was calling me.

I ignore the call as I look at Shin, “How was school? Did you make any friends?

Shin looks down as he holds his arm and I know that something is wrong, but I’ll wait until Shin will tell me.

“Mommy… It was fun. I made a new friend.

I smile as I know he only told me part of the day if even a fragment of it. I'll just ask the teacher about it tomorrow.

Still Shin seems to be at least happy about that and i don’t want to bother him with unnecessary questions.

Luhan comes into the room as he looks at us and smiles, “I hope that you’re enjoying the daycare. I’m sorry but I need too go pack. We’re leaving to go to China.

The look on Shin’s face I know that he’s upset about this, but he stays silent as he looks down at his hands.

Luhan sighs as he kneels down in front of us, “I have something for the 2 of you. Hold out your hands.

Shin glares at Luhan as he looks away holding out his hand and I simply smile at him as I hold my hand out.

Luhan places 2 gift wrapped boxes no bigger than my snapple bottle.

Open them at the same time.

I chuckle as Shin and I both unwrap the presents too show a rubix cube like box.

I move the pieces around and solve mine where it pops open.

I smile as I watch Shin solve his and at the same time we open them up.

Sitting there is a beautiful necklaces that look like 3 small people charms and on each charm is our names in Chinese.

I smile as I watch Luhan pulls the same necklace out of his shirt to show us, “Now we’ll always be together no matter what… Well this is just a reminder that no matter what we’ll be together.

Wasn’t it kind of hard to get this done?

Luhan shakes his head, “No. Actually it was rather easy since I know someone that would keep it a secret.

I smile at him and place the necklace around Shin’s neck.

The rubix cube box was a creative idea.

Shin loves them so I thought I’d tie the 2 together. We are a family that can solve these rather easily.

I nod my head as I watch Shin play with his necklace and chain is just a bit short enough to fit perfectly around my neck.

I smile as my son places his around his neck and under his shirt, “I can keep the box…. right?

Luhan smiles and nods as Shin pulls everything to his chest.