Everyone can have a Breakdown

Who My Son Picked to Love

Korean

Mandarin

Your POV

I’m surprised that a few days after I saw Luhan again and not just that but he happily hugged me.

I know Luhan is a great guy, but I’m worried everytime I see him.

Is it because the last guy I dated was… a horrible person the last year we were together.

Sehun my son always seems to be watching asking me if i’m alright.

Today i look at him and ask, “Sehun do you remember your real name?

He looks at me and shakes his head, “Aniyo, Omma. Wae?

I smile at him and mumble in Mandarin, “I might tell everyone your real name. EXO deserves to know that.

Mommy, what’s wrong?

I look at my son, “You’re too smart for your own good. I think it’s time to tell everyone that’s all.

Does that mean that you trust them?” I hear my father’s voice ask from behind me.

I shake my head, “No,” i chuckle dryly, “I should shouldn’t I? It’s just now that I’m dating Luhan I have this fear all over again. I know it’s stupid, but I keep acting like I did for a few years after… You know what he did.

My father nods his head as he sits across the room, “Sweetie, you know you don’t have to be afraid he’s in prison.

With parole which is coming up soon.

My father frowns,”Why didn’t you tell me before? That’s probably why you’re getting more jumpy. You’re dating someone now and you realize that he’s might get out soon, but you realize he can’t leave the country.

I nod my head and look at my father, “Doesn’t mean he won’t try.

My father looks at my son and back at me, “Should he hear all of this?

I look at my poor little Sehun and nod my head, “True… Father can you call Luhan up and ask if he can take Sehun for the day?

Why don’t you do so?

I don’t think I can talk to him. Not until the parole hearing passes and he says there.

He nods his head and looks at my son, “Would you like to see Luhan?

My son looks at me and nods his head, “Yes.

I toss my phone on the couch and walk into my room and shut the door locking it behind me.

I feel myself fall down to the group and I catch myself before I can fall more.

I feel tears welling up in my eyes and I try to hold them in.  Knowing if I let them fall sehun will hear me.

Luhan’s POV

My phone rings and I see that it’s Jia Li.

Hello.

Daddy can I see you today?

Sehun is that why you’re calling me?

Yeah, and mommy wants to talk to grandpa about something.

It still amazes me how smart this 4 year old is.

Alright, I’ll come over to pick you up. Do you mind if you see your uncles at EXO too.

Sure, I’ll love to see them.

When i tell the guys that we'll have Jia Li’s son over for today they seem a bit excited.

What about noona?

Maybe later since she wants to talk to her father.

They nod their heads and I head over to Jia Li’s apartment.

 

When i finally reach the apartment Sehun is waiting outside with Mr. Lee.

Hi, Mr. Lee.

Hi, Luhan how are you today?

i’m good where is Jia Li?

I watch as Mr.Lee looks up at Jia Li’s apartment complex with a sad look on his face.

She locked herself in her room,” he covers sehun’s ears, “I think she’s having a slight breakdown.

Why?

Come to my office tomorrow and I’ll explain to you.

I nod my head and look up at Jia Li’s building again and sigh, “I should get sehun to the dorm.

Mr. Lee nods his head and hands Sehun over to me,”I’ll see you later Sehun. see you tomorrow, Luhan.

 

The drive to the dorm Sehun is oddly quiet and when i get there and everyone is crowding around him he still is.

Sehun what’s wrong?” Suho asks him.

Sehun looks up and says, “That’s not my real name.

Sehun isn’t your real name?

Sehun just nods and walks to the couch and sits down with his knees pulled up to his chest.

Then he looks up at me, “Do you know why mommy kept me?

What do you mean?

Why did mommy keep me after I was or why didn’t she get rid of me when I was in her tummy?

I look at him shocked, “Because she loved you the second she found out about you. Why would you even ask that?

I walk over to the couch and sit in front of him.

I know about my real… appa. He was a meanie. He hurt mommy a lot. I hate him.

I feel my hands form fists and I know I’m probably not the only one with the same reaction.

How did you know?

Grandma… she got mad and told me. She blames me for everything.

I want to hit Jia Li’s mother.This is the first time I’ve ever been mad at a woman and wanted to cause physical harm.

Sehun,” he looks up at me when i say his ‘name,’ “Your mom loves you. She loved you the second she found out about you. It’s your appa that she hates.

I watch as ‘Sehun’s’ face sour as he screams, “You’re my appa. He is just a meanie that hurt mommy. I hate him. I hate him. You are my appa.

I smile as I nod my head, “That's right I forgot i’m your appa.

He looks at me quickly and smiles brightly as he jumps into my arms, “Jjinga?

I nod my head, “Yeah, I’m your appa and EXO are your uncles. We all love you.So please don’t be sad. We will never hurt your mommy.

I feel ‘Sehun’ nod his head into my neck as he looks up at me with a teary eyed smile.

Now let’s go into the kitchen and get you something to eat.

‘Sehun’ nods his head as he wraps his arms around my neck and I feel tears hit my shoulder and neck.

That man doesn’t deserve to even be thought of as ‘Sehun’s father.

Don't’ worry ‘Sehun’ I will be your appa and I will never hurt you or your mommy.

Your POV

I heard my father walk back into my apartment and shout my name.

Yes?” I ask as I stick my head out of my room after wiping my eyes.

I brought you some pizza..

I smile at how my father remember my favorite kind of pizza from when I was little.

Dad you remembered.

Of course I did. You are my precious daughter and i would do anything for you. You know Sehun probably at least told them that his name isn’t Sehun.

I look at the ceiling and look at my father, “That’s why I’m planning on telling them when i see them next.

They are coming to my office tomorrow if you want to tell them then.

I smile over at my father as i nod my head, “Yeah, I really do.”

He nods his head and sits down with me as he takes a piece of pizza and groans, “I still don’t know why you get the works on your pizza plus pickles.”

I laugh glad that my dad decided to speak English since I feel like it calms me more than Mandarin does.

“Are you going to tell Luhan about your worries?”

I look at my father as I nod my head, “I need to tell him everything that’s on my mind or else I’m going to go insane trying to date him if I’m acting like this.”

My father smiles, “I know your mother didn't’ help you the few few years when it was at it’s worse. that’s why i asked if you could move here. Since you had something to look forward to. After that you started to get better faster and then it was practically gone for the last year.”

I smile as I nod my head, “I know and i’m glad that it is.”

I watch as my father gets up and smiles at me, “I need to get home since we both have to get up early tomorrow.”

I nod my head as I stand up and carefully hug my father.

Yet I feel no worry.

I only feel the warmth and love in the hug.

I hope that it’ll be this way with Luhan and EXO.