~ 7 ~

Mr. Smile

 

 

 

“ This is Lee Eun Ji … “ he started “ … my fiancé “ 

“ Yes, that’s … wait …. What ! “ Eun Ji exclaimed. Her eyes wide open as she thought that her ears played some trick on her …. she thought ‘ Did Kris just said that I was his fiancé ?!? ‘

 

The girl slowly turned her head toward Kris, she was still in some state of shock. And just then she wondered if they did something last night when she was deadly drunk.

“ Come Eun Ji … let’s check the microwave “ Kris said dragging the girl to the kitchen, leaving his guests dumbfounded.

After ensuring that everything was safe, Kris turned to Eun Ji ready to explain the whole ‘ fiancé ‘ stuff. Once his gaze landed on the girl, he saw how her big shiny eyes were staring at him. For a second he lost all of his words and just stared at her, wondering why the hell he told his older brother that he was engaged and most of all to Eun Ji, the girl he tries to avoid the most.

 

“  So about the fiancé thing, I would like you to play as my fiancé in front of my brother and Lin, I’ll explain later on when they leave “  Kris explained ensuring that the girl got everything right.

“ Why should I play as your fiancé ? “ Eun Ji teased a little, but soon her smile faded away when her eyes met Kris’s. She swallowed hard and wondered, why she had to tease the blonde guy every possible way.

“ Because you ruined 2 shirts … my carpet …and killed my microwave… I think you owe me A LOT ! “ Kris exclaimed not  taking his eyes off of the girl.

“ … fair enough “ Eun Ji said following the blonde guy to the living room. She smiled lightly at the thought of being Kris’s fiancé even for a day. Once in the living room,  Eun Ji was dragged by the pretty girl and before she knew it she was hugging her warmly.

 

“ I’m so glad to meet you Eun Ji, I’m Lin and soon I’ll be Kris’s sister in law, so as yours “ Lin chuckled lightly. Her white cheeks turned little pink from embarrassment “ And this is Wu Sheng Li, Kris’s older brother “ she pointed at the tall handsome man on the couch.

“ I’m glad to meet both of you “ Eun Ji smiled brightly bowing at both of them.

After that, the uncomfortable questions came, how Kris and Eun Ji met, and how they fell in love … or even when the wedding is.  Both Kris and Eun Ji explained, partly telling the truth and partly lying about their whole meeting and falling in love.

“ Actually we first met in the company I’m working in “ Kris started “...it came from nowhere when she bumped in me, tossing some plate with food onto my shirt. I honestly got angry at her …  “ Kris looked at Eun Ji and smiled weakly when their eyes met “ She then tried to apologize with some cupcakes but in the end I chocked and she tried to save me …. And that just got me angrier. But somehow her stubbornness reminded me of myself, and after she followed me around a couple of times just to apologize … “ Kris stopped for a second. He rubbed the back of his neck and swallowed hardly, trying to think of some good lie that his brother would believe.

 

“ Once he helped me and even allowed me to stay in his place. The morning we ate breakfast together and that was when I realized that I love him, he was really kind to me although he himself had problems… “ Eun Ji added. She looked up at Kris who was sitting next to her, Eun Ji placed her hand on his own and felt how he shivered from the sudden touch “ He really is everything that I wanted “

“ Wu Fan, where did you found Eun Ji, she’s such an angel “ Sheng Li said to Kris who groaned a little. He hoped that his brother believed the lie, that Eun Ji was his fiancé.

“ That’s so sweet Eun Ji-ah “ Lin happily clapped like a little child “ It’s time we leave both of you alone, right Sheng Li? “ the girl said going up from her seat.

“ Okay, honey “ Sheng Li exclaimed walking up to his girl. Kris and Eun Ji followed while Kris placed a hand around Eun Ji’s waist. And just then the girl felt how those famous butterflies invaded her stomach and gave her that warm feeling …

 

“  Would you two mind if we could eat dinner tomorrow ? “ Lin asked.

“ Of course we would be glad to have dinner with you “ Eun Ji smiled brightly at the couple. She felt how Kris tightened his hold on her, like trying to break her bones.

“ That’s wonderful “ Sheng Li smiled waving for goodbye “ And we’ll talk again Wu Fan “ and they went to the elevator.   

 

Once out of sight, Kris released Eun Ji and went in the apartment. The girl followed him behind to the living room. He groaned lightly while tossing himself on the couch, resting his head on the back of the couch as his gaze turned to Eun Ji.

“ Why are you standing there like that, take a seat “ Kris coldly said tapping the place next to him. Eun Ji slowly went to the couch sitting at the edge.

“ I just came for my phone … but ended up being your fiancé, care to explain why we lied to your brother ? “ the girl asked, trying to figure out why all of a sudden he lied like that to his siblings.

 

“  It’s just that, he likes to joke around with me and the thing with the marriage …. “ Kris sighed lightly closing his eyes for a second “ … guess it was not the best idea I came up with “

“ Guess so, but since I owe you, I’m glad I helped with the lie “ Eun Ji chuckled taking her phone from the table in front of her. She played with the black screen with her index finger by sliding it along the surface of the machine “  About tomorrow … “

“ Yes, thanks to you I have to meet my brother again “ Kris groaned lightly at the girl.

“ It’s not my fault that I’m trying to be nice, and why the hell do you treat your brother like that ? “ Eun Ji hissed lightly. She was annoyed at the way Kris was talking with her and especially with his older brother.

 

“ I have my reasons “ was the blonde guy’s only reply. He stood up from his seat and went to the kitchen. For no reason Eun Ji herself followed Kris to the kitchen. He took a bottle of water from his fridge and took a sip from it “ You still here ? “ he questioned once he saw Eun Ji looking at him.

“ …okay I’m leaving “  Eun Ji rolled her eyes and went to the front door. She placed her shoes back on her feet and stood up just to see Kris right in front of her. She jumped back a little, placing a hand on her chest just to calm her heart down.

“ Be ready tomorrow for the dinner with Sheng Li and Lin “ Kris said reaching out his hand to open the door. His head leaned close to Eun Ji’s face, she could simply catch the smell of that same shampoo that she used yesterday night, Kris’s shampoo…

She was deep in thought that she never realized that she was simply staring at the blonde guy with a goofy smile on her face.

“ Is something wrong ? “ Kris asked looking back at her. Eun Ji blushed lightly and went out of the apartment without saying a word. Kris raised his eyebrow suspiciously looking at the running girl. Eun Ji slipped just a little on the carpet at the hallway. She cursed lightly and entered the elevator “ That silly girt “ Kris chuckled closing the door of his apartment.

 

 

At that time Eun Ji ran down the street, holding her chest as her heart was beating really fast. She was not sure if the reason was the fact that she was running all the way to her house, or because she realized that those words that Kris said about her completely captivated her heart. Just for a second she thought that she wanted the whole fiancé lie to be true.

Once in her house, she ran up her room without even greeting her mother that was sitting in the kitchen. She tossed her body on her bed, her hands grabbed a pillow and brought it to her face before she let out a light scream.

 

“ Is something wrong, honey ? “ Eun Ji’s mother entered the room, she looked worriedly at her daughter.

“ I’m fine mom, I was just letting out the pressure “ Eun Ji pouted tossing the pillow back to her face.

“ It’s about Yun Hee, am I right ? “ when Eun Ji’s mother didn’t receive   an answer she went to the bed and took a seat next to Eun Ji. Her mother embraced Eun Ji’s body and brought her closer.

“ Guess so “ Eun Ji replied snuggling into her mother’s embrace. Eun Ji sniffed lightly not realizing that tears were formed in her eyes. She already missed Yun Hee. If she was here right now with her, she could tell her about Kris, about the butterflies in her stomach. But her friend was now flying to London probably happy that she was with her boyfriend.

After Eun Ji’s mother left the room promising her daughter that she’ll make a special cake just to cheer her up, the girl took out the phone from her pocket and dialed her best friend’s number but the phone was turned off. Eun Ji sighed lightly tossing the phone on the bed. At dinner Eun Ji tried to smile as often as possible, although her father was talking about his day which was not interesting at all.

 

~~~

 

The morning came fast and Eun Ji rushed down the stairs as she was yet again late for school. She found out that Yun Hee texted her when she was deadly asleep and that her friend was fine and she had a family apartment with Jong In and how wonderful it was. Eun Ji smiled weakly, she was indeed happy for her friend. At least one of them was happy.

After school, the girl rushed to the family sweet shop. It was a real pain in the to work in the shop, but it was not like she had some other choice. Once Eun Ji entered the shop she was greeted by the cheerful voice of Joon Myeon. He was always happy and that annoyed Eun Ji the most, she somehow envied him… she too, wanted to be at least little happy, just like him.

 

“ How was school ? “ he asked, once the customer that came left the shop.

“ It was fine, I guess “ boldly replied the girl. She was arranging some cookies on the shelves, trying to ignore the world around her. The only thing in her head was that blonde-cold-hearted-prince. Eun Ji couldn’t help but to wonder, what was he thinking while he said that he had a fiancé.

“ You seem little down, won’t you tell your oppa what’s wrong ? “ Joon Myun’s voice sounded so close. And the moment when Eun Ji was about to answer she felt how a couple of arms embraced her from behind. She jumped a little from the sudden touch, but the hold on her waist stopped her from moving.

“ Ummm, would you mind ? “ Eun Ji cleared . The situation was indeed awkward for her.

 

“ Oh yeah, sorry “ Joon Myun apologized releasing the girl from his grasp. Once their eyes met he nervously rubbed the back of his neck, avoiding Eun Ji’s gaze.

“  What’s with the hug all of a sudden ? “ Eun Ji asked, still surprised by the sudden touch “ Do you like me or something ? “ the girl grinned a little. She somehow enjoyed the pink color that covered Joon Myun’s cheeks.

“ … Of course I like you “ the boy started “ …you remind me of my little sister, she was around your age when she passed away “  he smiled weakly looking at the ground. It was true that the reason that he wanted to be closer to Eun Ji was because she was like a younger sister to him and nothing more.

“ I’m sorry … “ Eun Ji felt little sad from asking that question. She slowly moved closer to the boy and saw that his eyes were shining from the upcoming tears. It was the first time Eun Ji saw him like that, without a smile or that little flame of happiness in his eyes every time he saw her “ Look at you … are you supposed to cheer me up, or cry like a little baby ? “ the girl laughed a little tapping Joon Myun’s shoulder.

“ You’re right “ he chuckled lightly and tapped Eun Ji’s head “ Thank you, Eun Ji-ah “ Joon Myun mumbled flashing  a smile at the girl.

 

Before Eun Ji could say something, she heard a strange sound from behind. She turned slowly and saw a tall figure looking at her and Joon Myun. The blonde locks of hair falling on his face perfectly.

“ K …Kris ? “ Eun Ji questioned. She never thought that he’ll come at the shop again. The tall guy smirked a little, not taking his eyes off of them.

“ Am I interrupting something ? “ Kris asked trailing his gaze to Joon Myun … 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

The last chapter for the year ^^ ~

At my place it's still noon but HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!! :))  Let’s hope that the new year will be more promising than the last ^^

Hope you all enjoyed the update~

Thanks to all the bunnies that commented and welcome to the new bunnies ^^ ~

Not sure when I’ll update again, but stay tuned ^^ 

Oh and I made one-shot featuring Kris and Eun Ji for all of you that want to see the couple together … XDD

 (click on the pic to go see the story)

comment and subscribe :))