~ 3 ~

Mr. Smile

 

 

 

Eun Ji looked at her phone for the thousandth time this day. She knew that she was lost the moment she turned around and saw the same store she had passed a few minutes ago. The ice-cream in the plastic bag was already melting, she could tell for sure. But now the most important thing was to find the way to Kris’s apartment while it was still bright.

 

She looked around trying to figure out which part in Seoul she was in. Eun Ji looked at her phone again and once she lifted her head she noticed that she had found the building. After entering the lobby she looked around amazed at the beauty of the building.

 

“ Excuse me, can I help you ? “ a male’s voice asked her from behind. She turned around just to find a middle aged guy standing right next to her.

“ Ummm, I’m looking for Kris ? “ the guy smiled lightly going to his desk that so resembles the hotel receptions.

 

“ Ah, yes … Kris-ssi, 13th floor “ the guy warmly smiled before escorting Eun Ji to the elevator “ Have a nice day, miss “ he added before the doors closed. Eun Ji smiled to herself, she was happy that she could see Kris to make sure that he was fine and ask for his forgiveness once again. The moment when the elevator stopped and the doors revealed a smaller version of a lobby, she saw that on the 13th floor there was only one door … Kris’s door.

 

Swallowing hard she went to the door while squeezing the plastic bag with her hand. Her finger pressed the little button right next to the door and she waited for the handsome guy to open.

Unfortunately no one answered so she rang again, but the result was the same. Taking out her phone, Eun Ji gained courage and dialed Kris’s number. The phone rang and it was strange how Eun Ji could hear it. The melody was coming from inside of the apartment just before Kris answered.

 

“ How come you have my number ? “ he coldly replied.

“ It doesn’t matter … I wanted to make sure that you’re fine “ Eun Ji replied calmly. She was not sure why she actually came all the way to make sure that Kris was fine, but she was happy knowing that he was indeed home.

 

“ Of course I’m fine … the fact that I’m avoiding you is another word “ his words were so cold, like he was trying to hide something.

“ Are you at home ? “ Eun Ji asked, trying not to feel bad after those harsh words Kris told her.

 

“ No “ the girl raised an eyebrow and leaned closer to the door, trying to hear clearly “ Can you please stop calling me ? “ Kris added. He never knew that the girl was in front of his door, waiting for him to answer. He was too busy thinking about his problems that he never heard the bell ringing.

 

“ Why are you lying ? I’m right in front of your door… and I can hear you … “ the girl was little annoyed at  the way he acted “ Open that damn door “ Eun Ji almost yelled knocking on the door.

 

Kris’s eyes widened, he wondered from where she had his phone number and his address. But yet again, he remembered the fact that Yun Hee knew where he lives also his phone number. He cursed under his breath, all he wanted was to have little time on his own. And apparently the crazy girl knocking on his door was not that relaxing.

 

“ You can leave, and please find something else to do rather than stalking me “ Kris tried to sound polite but deep inside he was annoyed. He never thought that a girl could drive him mad, just the way Eun Ji does at the moment.

“ I’ll stay in front of the door until you let me in “ Eun Ji yelled ending the call. She took a seat on the floor resting her head on the door.  She knew that Kris won’t open, but at least she could try even if that meant standing all day in front of his apartment.

 

 

From the other side of the door, Kris thought a little. Even if he was pissed off by the girl’s stubbornness he couldn’t let her sit on the floor the whole day. But he simply wanted to know how long she could last.

 

“ Say, why do you hate me that much ? “ Eun Ji suddenly asked, loud enough to be heard from the other side of the door. When she never received any answer she chuckled to herself “ You’re such a bastard … YAH ! OPEN UP !!!!!! It’s cold outside “ she yelled knocking on the door “ Look, I’ll die here in front of the door… my body will rot… and my spirit will follow you everywhere … you don’t want that, right ? “ There was no response again. Eun Ji sighed lightly, her gaze landed on the plastic bag she had left on the floor. It was such a shame not eating the ice-cream, but Eun Ji bought it for Kris and he was the one who had to eat it no matter what.

 

Kris was too shocked to even speak after hearing her question. Does he really hate her? It was a question that he tried to answer himself. Of course he was not that type, so why he’s acting so cold toward the girl? After all, she was waiting outside his door, not even bothering to leave. He went to the door, his long hand slid down the doorknob. The moment he opened the door Eun Ji fell backwards. She looked up just to find Kris staring at her, she flashed a smile before raising up from the floor.

 

“ So I opened the door, you won’t die …  go home ! “ Kris said resting on the door frame. At that time Eun Ji lifted her hand and shoved the plastic bag right in his hands “And that is ? “

“ Ice-cream, I bought it for you “ Eun Ji smiled brightly. She was really happy knowing that Kris was fine. Kris looked at the plastic bag suspiciously, after the accident with the cupcake he knew that everything could kill him if Eun Ji was around.

 

“ Is it safe ? “ he joked. Eun Ji groaned a little from the remark “ Well … you may leave now “

“ Ummm, I kind of thought that we could share the ice-cream … I got little hungry waiting for you to open the door ” Eun Ji blinked several times, trying to look as innocent as possible.

 

“ Won’t you feel cold eating an ice-cream ? “ Kris mocked a little making way for the girl to enter. Eun Ji, from another hand, smiled brightly knowing that he accepted her in his apartment.

Her gaze traveled around at the fancy looking apartment. It was really beautiful, she simply wondered how come a guy could have such a good taste for designing a whole apartment.

 

“ You live alone ? “ she asked once they entered the living room.

“ I think I’m pretty mature to live on my own “ Kris smirked looking at the girl. He wondered why he let her come into his apartment but he couldn’t simply let her stay in front of  his door like a homeless puppy, so he figured out that it would  be better if he just let her win this time “ Make sure not to touch anything … nor breath much. I don’t want you to break something that you won’t be able to afford to pay “ Kris warned once Eun Ji went to look around the living room.

 

“ How am I suppose to hold my breath ? “ Eun Ji groaned going to the kitchen with Kris. He looked at her, little amazed at the way she was acting. It was like she owned the apartment and Kris was the guest  “ Hope you like half melted chocolate ice-cream “ Eun Ji cheerfully said roaming around the drawers. Kris looked at her dumbfounded; it was the first time someone roamed around his stuff without permission.

 

Eun Ji found two spoons and handed one to Kris before shoving her own in the bowl with the chocolate ice-cream. She lifted the spoon to before parting her thin lips to taste the already melted ice-cream. Her big eyes looked at Kris who was openly staring at the girl. Eun Ji tilted her head and blinked several times.

“ Is something wrong ? “ she asked with confused eyes.

 

“ Ummm, you eat a lot for a girl “ Kris said feeling little awkward. He wondered why the hell he was staring at Eun Ji. But the truth was that he never noticed how naturally beautiful she was. He could honestly say that it was his first time staring at a girl the same way as he did a few minutes ago.

Eun Ji pouted lightly, taking yet another spoon of ice-cream. Although she had bought it for Kris, Eun Ji almost finished the ice-cream herself. Not that Kris had problems with that, he was not in the mood to eat anything sweet.

 

“ So, why are you hiding from the world in your fancy apartment ? “ Eun Ji asked little curious.

“ I told you already … from you “ boldly replied the blonde guy. Eun Ji groaned a little from his answer but never bothered to ask again “ Guess Yun Hee told you … “ Kris suddenly added.

“ Told me what ? “ the girl tilted her head little lost in the words Kris said.

 

“  Well, she’s going in London to study…” the words that Kris said slapped Eun Ji so hard that her eyes were about to pop-out from the sudden news. Indeed, Yun Hee forgot to mention that little matter, and the worst of all was that Yun Hee was not the person from whom Eun Ji found out “ Are you okay? “ the deep voice of Kris woke the girl from her trance.

 

“ I’m perfectly fine. Why do you ask ? Nothing’s wrong with me …. Are you saying that something was wrong ? “ Eun Ji almost yelled. Her teeth grinding from anger, she was angry …. After all, her best friend was keeping such  a big secret like going in London for God knows how long and probably Eun Ji was the last to find out.

“ If you continue to squeeze the spoon it will break pretty soon … “ Kris calmly replied.

 

“ Ah, sorry “ the girl laughed nervously placing the spoon on the kitchen counter. She sighed lightly, trying to calm herself. After all she was there to cheer Kris and not to bother him with her lack of control. Eun Ji knew that the first thing to do after seeing her so called best friend again was to -slap her for keeping a secret that big from her.

At that moment Kris thought how similar was his character with Eun Ji. She was holding her real feelings behind a mask.

 

“ You have to go “ the blonde guy said suddenly. It was time for him to rest a little from the upcoming drama-scenes from his past and Eun Ji was not helping at all.

“ Pardon me ? Are you kicking me out from your place ? “ Eun Ji exclaimed little surprised. She thought that her some-sort-of-a-relationship with Kris was going down the good road when everything fell apart just with those simple words. The girl couldn’t help but to think that the boy was quite strange and b-polar most of the times.

 

“ That’s exactly what I’m going to do if you refuse to leave “ it was really amazing how calm Kris spoke the little threat toward Eun Ji. She, from another hand, took that as a challenge and simply lifted her index finger pointing at the boy’s chest.

“ Do you think that I’m afraid of a tall handsome guy like you ? Lee Eun Ji is invincible “ Eun Ji grinned looking at the tall boy. She planned on staying as long as she wanted to, even if that was totally inappropriate from her side to stay in some stranger’s house. But for Eun Ji the blonde guy was not a stranger anymore.

 

Kris furrowed his brows from the answer of the girl. He never intended to be that rude but Eun Ji was asking for it, to see the bad side of him. He went little closer to the girl, glaring at her with his ferocious stare. Eun Ji stepped backwards before hitting the kitchen counter, she swallowed hard as Kris approached her dangerously just like a predator sneaking to attack his prey.

“ Stay away from me … you … YOU MONSTER !!!!!!!!  “ Eun Ji cried once Kris placed a hand on her shoulder.

 

~~~

 

“ Is it always that loud around ?  “  a woman asked the guy on the reception. The truth was that a loud scream echoed all around the fancy building. No one knew exactly what the cause of it was, but for sure was something that no one wanted to find out anyway.

 

“ Not really … “ the guy sighed lightly looking at the elevator from which Eun Ji came out. She raised her head to look at the people staring at her before she smiled lightly walking away. It was the first time someone had actually thrown her out of his place. One thing for sure, she knew about Kris, he never jokes around … 

 

And now when she was kicked out from his apartment, she headed to her new destination. It was time to meet the so called best friend and beat the hell out of her for keeping a secret from Eun Ji …

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

HIIIIIII  my bunnies ^^ ~

Sorry for not updating but I’m really busy … Y_Y  and right now I’m updating after finishing my school work…  ah so tired!!!!

Anyway I’m really thankful to all the bunnies that commented ^^ ~ and welcome to my new bunnies hope you’ll comment below ?

Since it’s little late at my place …. And I’m really tired … and I can hardly figure out what to say XDD

Bye Bye from me ^^ ~ hope you enjoyed the chapter 

comment and subscribe :))