~ 9 ~

Mr. Smile

 

 

 

 

Eun Ji ran down the street. She went in a shop to buy some products so she could make some soup for the sick Kris. Going in the building and without a word she entered the elevator. She was so exhausted from all the running that she paused a little in front of Kris’s door just to catch her breath.

 

She rang on the doorbell once, twice … Her feet trembled in fear that Kris was feeling so sick, that he couldn’t even answer his door, and everything was her fault. Eun Ji rang for the third time, she was far from giving up on Kris, he was sick and needed some treatment. Before she could ring again, the door slightly opened revealing Kris.

 

“ What are you doing here ? “ he barely asked. He coughed once and his gaze landed on the girl. His eyes were red, he looked like a person that was on the edge of dying. Eun Ji furrowed her brows and firmly kicked the door. Kris widened his eyes while his body almost fell on the ground. He was too weak to stand around, how could he possibly handle the crazy girl that came to his apartment.

 

“ Wu Fan ! You idiot… why you gave me your coat last night, look at you … “ Eun Ji hissed, she pushed Kris toward the living room, tossing his body on the couch “ … It’s really … urght ! Can’t look at you like that “ the girl continued to nag at the boy.

 

“ What was I supposed to do? Leave you there to freeze? “ Kris almost yelled. He coughed again, he was too tired. All he wanted was to rest a little and hope that he’ll be better tomorrow. Eun Ji blinked several times, just staring at Kris. Her cheeks became all red hearing what Kris just said. He was thinking of her and all she did was to scold him.

 

“ I’m sorry, I came to give you back your coat and to make sure that you’re fine “ the girl timidly answered “ And since you’re not fine, I’ll make you some soup so you could feel better “ Kris didn’t answer and just stood on the couch, looking at the girl.

Eun Ji went to the kitchen and placed the grocery bags on the table. She left her coat and Kris’s in the hangers in the hallway. She rolled up her sleeves before tying her hair in a pony tail.

 

“ Hwaiting !!! ~ “ Eun Ji said to herself before she grabbed the knife to cut the vegetables for the soup. She was not that good at cooking as her mother or her best friend, but one thing she learned from her mother was the soup she gave her every time Eun Ji was sick.

 

The girl precisely slid the knife along the surface of the vegetables, just like a professional chef. She took a bowl and mixed everything up. She looked over the drawer before she pulled out a pan. Turning the stove she placed the pan on it. She was so happy that she was making a soup for Kris that she didn’t noticed that he was watching her.

 

Kris smiled lightly as he watched how Eun Ji was happily cooking for him. He could hear how she hummed the melody of some song while mixing the ingredients. It was the first time someone took care of him, and the feeling was not that bad.

 

“ What the hell are you doing ? “ Eun Ji said once she saw the blonde guy standing at the door. She groaned lightly pushing him back to the living room “ You have to rest, mister ! A man has no place in the kitchen, that’s  a woman’s job “ Eun Ji proudly announced. Kris just laughed a little taking a seat on the couch. He gave up on arguing with the girl long ago. His eyes were hurting and he felt hot, so sitting all day wasn’t such a bad idea after all.

 

 

~~~

 

 

After one long waiting on Kris’s behalf, he finally heard how Eun Ji’s tender voice called out his name. He lifted his tired body and went to the kitchen. The table was all set, two bowls were resting on the table. He raised an eyebrow looking at the girl.

“ What? “ she innocently asked “ I’m a human, I want to eat as well “ she pouted lightly. Kris just smiled and went to take a seat. He carefully eyed the soup, the past was haunting him… remembering how many times Eun Ji almost killed him. Kris lifted the spoon to his lips before shoving it into his mouth. Eun Ji was looking at him without even blinking, she wanted to know if he liked her little masterpiece or he’ll just throw up.

 

Kris widened his eyes, the truth was that the soup was really good. His eyes captured the girl’s worried expression.

“ It’s really good “ Kris simply replied gladly eating his soup. Eun Ji breathed in relieve, she was happy that Kris liked the soup. For the first time she felt happy that someone actually likes her cooking skills “ Actually it’s the first time someone cooked for me “ the blonde guy smiled weakly.

 

Eun Ji just thought that Kris was acting cute, for the first time he was so open to the girl. It was probably because he was sick, but she was happy that she was with him. After Kris finished the last drop of his soup, Eun Ji literally kicked out the blonde guy to rest in the living room so she could clean everything in the kitchen. Kris rolled his eyes going slowly to the couch in the living room. It was funny how the girl ordered him around in his own apartment. But it was the first time someone actually took care of him, and he somehow enjoyed the whole attention the girl was giving him.

 

Clean, everything was clean. Eun Ji smiled brightly that she finished with all the cleaning, it was late already and her parents were probably wondering where she was. She went to the living room, Kris was lying down the couch breathing rapidly.

 

“ Kris ? “ she went to him, placing her hand on his forehead. It was hot, his whole body was burning as cold sweat covered his face. Eun Ji bit her lower lip “ Kris, you’re burning … “ she got up from the floor. Eun Ji was about to go and bring some towels and water but her hand was rapidly grabbed by the blonde guy. He weakly looked up at Eun Ji, his eyes were all red.

 

“ Don’t leave “ he mumbled before closing his eyes again. Eun Ji caressed his hair, smiling lightly.

“ I’m not going anywhere “ 

 

Once Eun Ji placed yet another towel on Kris’s forehead to take down his fever, she quickly called her mother telling her that she’ll stay at some friend’s house. She explained that it was too late to go home and she’ll sleep over.

 

The girl looked at Kris who was now peacefully sleeping on the couch. Now that his fever went down, Eun Ji could rest a little. She was tired, but she wanted to make sure that Kris was fine. She still couldn’t believe that he begged her to stay, maybe he was out of his mind, or maybe he wanted someone to take care of him, but either way Eun Ji was glad, those butterflies were flying in her stomach the moment Kris grabbed her hand.

 

She stood on the floor, looking at Kris. He lightly shifted in his sleep just like a little kid. Eun Ji got up from the floor to cover his body with the blanket but instead of that she was dragged on the couch next to the boy. She froze on the spot, Kris turned around and embraced her body with his strong arms. Her head leaned closer to his chest, his heart was beating calmly. She looked up to see that he was still sleeping, probably he accidently dragged her next to him, but accidentally or not Eun Ji closed her eyes and fell into a deep sleep. Little did she know that Kris smiled in his sleep as he felt her little body pressing against his own.

 

 

~~~

 

 

The morning Kris woke up full with energy. He noticed the girl sleeping next to him. They were so close that he could feel her breath on his skin. Kris rose up as he suddenly realized that he was sleeping with Eun Ji on the couch. The girl rolled over and fell on the floor, letting out a little yelp in pain. She looked around before standing up, holding her head with one hand.

 

“ What was that for ? “ she yawned sleepily looking at the boy.

“ Why were you sleeping next to me? And why are you in my apartment anyway “ he asked confused. He indeed felt Eun Ji’s body next to his but he simply thought that it was a dream…

 

“ You said :  ‘ Don’t leave ‘  and I stayed over “ she explained to the confused boy “ … about the whole sleeping stuff, you dragged me next to you and I was tired and… “

“ Okay, fine “ Kris interrupted Eun Ji while going toward the kitchen. He knew that the girl was following him and he sighed lightly “ You want breakfast ? “ Eun Ji nodded smiling brightly.

 

She watched as Kris made pancakes for both of them, he was so perfect in everything. He placed the plate in front of Eun Ji. She was still daydreaming about Kris and how perfect he was. It was hard to believe it but Eun Ji was falling for the cold-hearted prince and that was not good. She always thought that she’ll never find a boy who could turn her world upside down, but here he was standing in front of her with his perfection.

 

“ Stop staring at me and eat your breakfast “ Kris hissed at the girl. He felt awkward at the way Eun Ji was looking at him, like he was the main-attraction in the zoo.

 

“ Oh, sorry I thought that you look really good without a flu “ she chuckled embarrassed. The pancakes looked really good, he sure knew how to impress the ladies. Eun Ji smiled brightly tasting the pancake. She chewed slowly, but the smile on her face faded away. She chocked lightly and tried to swallow the food in .  Looks could be deceiving, and at that moment was the same.

 

The pancakes sure looked good and delicious, but once you taste them all your taste senses end up dead. Eun Ji could honestly say that those pancakes were the worst.

“ Is something wrong ? “ he asked the girl confused. Her expression was strange, like she was about to throw up.

 

Eun Ji took the glass of water that was placed in front of her, she took a sip before swallowing the food. She forced a smile at the boy, trying not to throw up.

“ Mmmm, everything’s fine “  she took another sip from her glass “ I think I’m not hungry anymore “ Kris suspiciously eyed the girl, she said that she was hungry and now …

 

The blonde guy tasted his own pancakes before his expression changed completely. He now realized why Eun Ji wasn’t hungry anymore, he swallowed the food and drank all the water in his glass. Kris admitted that he was a terrible cook, but he thought that he could at least make pancakes for the girl to pay her back.

 

“  Um, we can order something ? “ Kris awkwardly rubbed the back of his neck. He felt stupid like never before. He totally humiliated himself in front of Eun Ji.

 

“ It’s okay, I can try and make pancakes “ the girl smiled brightly going to the stove “ I don’t expect for a guy to cook good, you know, but it was sweet that you tried your best to make breakfast “ Eun Ji said not looking at Kris. She was afraid that he’ll notice the blush on her cheeks.

 

The pancakes tasted really good compared to Kris’s masterpiece. Eun Ji happily looked at Kris who was really enjoying the pancakes she made, it was really blissful for her to watch him. The doorbell rang and before Kris could go and answer, Eun Ji ran up to answer the door.

 

“ Eun Ji-ah “ Lin cheerfully said. She hugged the girl lovingly before she entered the apartment with Sheng Li. Kris’s older brother greeted the girl before he entered the kitchen with Lin. Once Kris saw his older brother he chocked lightly. He was still wearing his shirt and pants from yesterday.

 

“ We just had breakfast “ Eun Ji explained to Kris’s visitors as the blonde guy was still eating.

“ It’s okay, we’ll just go to the living room “ Sheng Li laughed at his brother before he dragged Lin with him. Kris groaned lightly and pushed Eun Ji with him to the living room.

 

It was messy, the blanket was on the floor and some pillows were surrounding the couch. Both Lin and Sheng Li slowly turned to face Eun Ji and Kris. Their expressions were lightly shocked until Kris’s brother smiled brightly. Lin blushed looking at the ‘ couple .‘ Eun Ji’s hair was little messy and Kris was probably wearing his home-clothes.

 

“ Hope we’re not interrupting something “ Lin shyly said, her gaze was still focused on Kris and Eun Ji.

“ Come on Lin, they can do whatever they want in the apartment, guess they forgot to clean up after that “ Sheng Li lightly mocked his little brother. Kris, from another hand, groaned in frustration at his brother. He so badly wanted to punch him that he felt how his hands clenched in fists. 

 

Eun Ji blinked confused, she had no idea what they were talking about. Maybe she was still sleepy, but once she realized what they meant she blushed deep red.

 

“ Omoo, it’s not what you think … “ she choked lightly just thinking about that. Eun Ji was completely embarrassed, she bit her lower lip and looked up at Kris. He was literally shooting lasers at his brother. Eun Ji was sure that Kris imagined every possible way to kill his brother right on the spot, now she knew what he meant about his brother being a tease.

 

“ I don’t see what’s that interest in our private life. I think I’m a grown up boy and can do whatever I want “ Kris firmly replied.

 

“ Oh, come on Wu Fan … “ Sheng Lin whined lightly. He never wanted to insult his brother or get on his nerves. He wanted to be in good terms with his little brother, but not seeing him for 3 years was a long time for him.

 

“ Stop it already Sheng Li …  “ Kris yelled angrily. He was so pissed off that he forgot that Eun Ji and Lin were looking at both of them. For Eun Ji was a total shock seeing the scene, Kris was really angry. Lin lightly nudged the girl and dragged her to the kitchen. She knew that Sheng Li and Kris needed some time alone, to clear everything up.

 

The girls entered the kitchen, still lightly hearing the argue among the Wu brothers. Eun Ji worriedly looked at Lin, it was the first time she saw Kris that angry. That time when she ruined his shirt was nothing compared to this hassle.

“ Are you sure that it’s fine to leave them alone ? “ Eun Ji worriedly asked Lin.

 

“ They are brothers and have to settle everything among themselves “ Lin ensured the worried girl “ Besides, Kris is really stubborn, he refuses to come back to China just for our wedding. No matter the smile Sheng Li is showing, I know that he’s worried about his brother. I am too, I really want Kris to come to our wedding … “ the older girl said with a light smile “ Would you like to come Eun Ji-ah? I’m sure that if you want to come Kris will come as well “

 

Eun Ji swallowed hard not sure how to answer. If Lin knew that she and Kris are not engaged she wouldn’t ask her for that. She blinked several times thinking how to answer.

“ Well , yeah I want to come but … “

“ But what Eun Ji-ah ? “ Lin sadly asked, she really wanted the Wu brothers to be together again. Eun Ji sighed lightly. She wanted to help the girl, she wanted to help Kris to make up with his brother.

“ Okay, I’ll come “

 

Lin hugged the girl tightly almost taking her breath away, before Eun Ji could complain both of them heard how Kris yelled again. The two girls rushed to the living room revealing Kris lying on the floor while Sheng Li stood on top of him. Being the big brother had its benefits. Sheng Li was the only person that could beat up Kris, and the fact that the blonde guy was still sick was a great plus to the older boy.

 

“ Get off of me you pig “ Kris groaned in frustration.

 

“  Stop fighting boys “ Lin clapped her hands happily. The Wu brothers looked up at her dumbfounded “  Eun Ji just agreed to come to the wedding “ Lin cheerfully  pulled Eun Ji in yet another hug.

 

Eun Ji could clearly sense the dead glares of the blonde guy, he was not happy with her decision… 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

Hi my lovely bunnies ^^ 

Here’s another update, I hope you’ll like it 
And thanks to those who left me their wonderful comments ^^ they made my day ! 
Oh, and do you like my new poster ? My friend Melody made it for me, I really LOVE it >w< thank you again for the awesome poster !!! 
Hope you all enjoyed the update :)