~ 2 ~

Mr. Smile

 

 

 

Kris was sitting in his office. Thousand things haunted his head but not a single answer he could find. He thought for awhile about that night when he was in China. When Yun Hee had to meet their representative in there, and that night when she went to see an old friend. Kris was left alone and that’s when his past followed him. When he met the people he tried to avoid the most. Probably it was wrong thinking that he could simply escape, but for the past 4 years of his life he thought that they would never find him.

 

He was deep into his thoughts when someone decided to interrupt him. Maybe it was a bad idea that he stayed in his office instead of going home and rest. The wooden door lightly opened and the first thing that captured his eyes was the little box. Kris raised an eyebrow, wondering who actually dared to disturb his work.

 

“ I have to admit that you’re quite brave to come and interrupt my work “ Kris smirked taking one second to look at the girl before returning to sign some papers.

Eun Ji bit her lower lip nervously, she was at the wrong place at the wrong time again. But she wanted to make it up for the whole shirt thing. And by simply buying chocolate cupcakes from the nearest sweet store, she came to apologize.

 

She moved slowly to the desk, placing the little pink box on the wooden surface trying to find some courage to simply say ‘ I’m really sorry ‘. But all she did was to stare at Kris’ perfect face, wondering how come a guy as perfect as him was so cold hearted.

“ I’m really sorry “ Eun Ji mumbled under her nose, but hoping that Kris would hear and simply accept the gift. She placed her index finger on the little box and slid the subject closer to Kris. He raised his eyebrow before stopping the box from moving “ I bought chocolate cupcakes for you “

 

“ I’m sorry I don’t like chocolate cupcakes “ he boldly replied sliding the box away from his papers.

 

“Since when ? “ Eun Ji hissed pushing the box closer to the blonde guy.

“ From today … “  his answer made the younger girl frown a little. She never expected that he’ll be so childish. Eun Ji took the box and tossed it right on the papers that Kris was looking at “ The hell ?! “ he almost yelled looking up at the girl.

 

“ I’m not leaving until you accept my gift “  she pouted lightly taking a seat on the little couch in Kris’s office. Crossing her hands she looked at the boy, waiting for the so longed forgiveness.

Somehow that action made Kris smile, he liked the way she reacted and not just running away from the office and never coming back. For some reason Eun Ji was not that afraid of him, and then he realized that she was somehow special in a different way.

 

“ Well, guess today the office will be your home …. “ Kris smirked before returning to do his job. From time to time he looked up from the papers and secretly peeked to see what Eun Ji was doing. Not wanting to admit the fact that he enjoyed her company, he looked at the little box on his desk. It was kind of sweet that she made the effort to buy a gift for him.

 

At that moment Eun Ji looked around the office, it was really pretty and if she had to sleep on the couch it would be great. Actually she liked being around the grumpy boy, somehow she felt comfortable around that dark aura surrounding him.

She wondered what kind of a person he really was. It was obvious that the cold face and the rude attitude are just a mask, but Eun Ji wondered what was he trying to hide? If you look at him like that, he might be some serial-killer or a double-agent. Simply imagining Kris with a gun in his hand and a fancy costume just like in those James Bond movies sounded not so bad.

 

Suddenly the girl took out her phone and without asking permission she took a photo of Kris. It was good thing that he was too busy to even realize the fact that he was exposed to Eun Ji’s camera. After a few taken photos of Kris, she finally realized that she had captured something that no one was able to see. He was sad, somehow lonely …

 

Eun Ji got up from her seat, her plan was to make him eat the cupcakes she had bought. It would be really hard, but she could at least try. Taking the box in her hand, she took a cupcake with the other, reaching for Kris to take it. He on the other hand looked at her little dumbfounded. It was one of those times when Kris questioned himself, what he had done to deserve people like Eun Ji around him.

 

“ I said that … “ before he could refuse the kind offer to be fed up by Eun Ji, she shove the cupcake directly into his mouth. The sudden invasion made him choke, if that was the way to say sorry to someone, Eun Ji was doing it wrong. He could feel how he was chocking, the cupcake was the last thing he ever though would end his life. He got up from his seat, trying to breath and spit out the evil thing out of his mouth.

 

“ OH MY GOD … “ Eun Ji cried, she noticed what she had done. And simply killing Kris was not the part of the plan. She had no idea what to do in those kind of situations, how to react nor how to help. From the movies she had watched it would be good to give him a little push from behind. Without giving a second thought she jumped on his back due to the fact that he was too tall for her. Kris fell on his knees and that was the moment when Eun Ji wrapped her hands around his stomach. With all her strength she squeezed him tightly.

 

Kris tried to escape but without any luck, the younger girl was intending to squeeze him until that cupcake leave his mouth. And when he thought that the end was near, the evil little thing popped out of his mouth. He breathed heavily placing a hand on the wall just so he could stand up from the ground. Glaring at the girl who tried to kill him today, he took the little pink box shoving it in Eun Ji’s hands.

“ Would you PLEASE leave the office …. ? “ Kris tried to be as calm as he could, for a person that almost died from a cupcake. He was indeed kind.

“ Will you forgive me ? “ Eun Ji tried to smile but deep inside she thought what kind of an idiot she was.

 

“ Let me think … “ the blonde guy started “ NO “ he almost yelled slamming the door right in the young girl’s face. She blinked several times, rethinking what just happened. Eun Ji fasepalmed herself, thinking that she almost killed Kris moments ago. And she was hundred percent sure that Kris hates her now.

 

“ What’s with the sad face ? “ Minseok, the secretary of her best friend appeared. He examined Eun Ji’s face for awhile before placing his hand around her shoulders “ Were you with Kris ? “ he asked out of the blue. Eun Ji just nodded not wanting to talk about the accident just a minute ago. She just gave the cupcakes to the older boy and went to the elevator. If she wanted to make Kris one of her friends she needed a new plan “ Why did you bought chocolate cupcakes anyway ? “ Minseok followed her behind.

 

“ Well, Kris came to my store and bought chocolate cupcakes and I thought that he likes them” the older boy looked at the pink box and smiled to himself.

“ I’m not sure why, but Kris is not keen on sweet stuff … it’s really rare for him to buy chocolate stuff “ that answer almost chocked Eun Ji. She kept asking herself why he bought the cupcakes when he didn’t like them…

“ Then what does he like ? “ Minseok thought a little, the elevator stopped and both of them went out.

 

“ I’m not sure if there is something that he likes … “ the boy joked but the truth was that he had no idea himself. This was not helping Eun Ji at all, how would she apologize for ruining his shirt and now almost killing him with food “ Here “ Minseok said placing a little note in her hand.

 

Eun Ji curiously looked at the little paper before raising an eyebrow little confused.

“ A phone number ? “ Minseok just nodded stuffing a whole cupcake into his mouth.

“ Not any kind of a number … the almighty Kris’s number “ he said still chewing the food in his mouth “ You’re welcome “ the boy said before vanishing in some office on the first floor. At that moment Eun Ji was out of the building gazing at the little paper in her hand.

 

She simply asked herself whether Minseok will be fine after giving Kris’s phone just like that or he’s number two in the : Dead-list of the blonde guy right after Eun Ji herself. Not even trying to hide how happy she felt knowing that she had his number and that she could call him any time and apologize.

 

It was way harder than she thought when she was thinking what exactly she should say. Resting in her bed Eun Ji erased yet another message that she tried to send. At first Kris might think that she’s some kind of a stalker, not that it was a lie but she wanted to be friends with him.

 

Hi, sorry for texting you so late … but I’m really sorry about the accident earlier today … I know that I’m the last person you would like to talk to, but I’m really sorry Y_Y  please forgive a pabo like me …

-Eun Ji

 

Without even noticing she pressed the send button and waited for a reply.

“ Eun Ji-ah, dinner’s ready … “  Eun Ji’s mother called her from the kitchen. The lazy girl lifted herself from the bed, dragging the phone with herself. At dinner the whole time she was checking if there was a new message but apparently Kris was not in the mood to send her a message.

“ Is there something wrong ? “ her father asked. It somehow annoyed Eun Ji, why recently people asked her if something was wrong … she had no answer herself so why they care anyway.  

 

“ Nothing’s wrong … can I skip dinner ? “ she politely asked her parents. Somehow they let her skip and now she was back to her usual self : not taking an eye off of the phone. She thought for a minute to just text him again or give him a call. She could tell that he’s mad at her, probably that was the reason why he never replied.

“ Arrrggghh….that stupid bastard “ she yelled out loud tossing a pillow on the floor. The girl had no idea why she felt like that, it’s not like she knew Kris for a long time but one thing was for sure … Eun Ji was attached to him.

 

The next day Eun Ji never left her phone, not even during the lessons. Why Kris was not replying  was the question haunting her head all day. She was spacing out like usual, her head rested on the cold surface of the desk while her eyes were closed for the world.  She simply thought whether she was that bad for Kris to hate her like that. Knowing that someone hates you was not that good as Eun Ji thought, especially when the one hating her was a good looking guy like Kris.

 

“ If you’re going to lay on the desk throughout the year, you’ll get fat “ Eun Ji slowly lifted her head just to find her best friend Yun Hee right in front of her desk. For a second Eun Ji thought that it’s another weird dream but once the other girl pinched her cheeks she knew that it was not a dream at all … more like the cruel reality where her cheeks were about to be torn apart.

 

“ YAH! Stop it “ Eun Ji whined trying to escape from the torture applied on her cheeks. Once she was free, her hands rubbed the already red skin on her face and looked at Yun Hee “ What are you doing here ? “

“ Is that the way to react ? And to think that I came here to see you instead resting at home … “  Yun Hee whined sitting on the desk, at that moment Eun Ji was fully awake. She thought for awhile, how come her friend was at the school and not in the company …

 

“ If you’re here … that means you skipped the lesson with Kris ? “ Eun Ji asked curious to find out how her best friend managed to escape from the company without being caught.

“ Actually Kris is not at the company. Minseok told me that Kris called him, apparently he was too busy to come over … but it’s a little strange though “ Yun Hee said getting up from her seat. She took Eun Ji’s hand and dragged her out from the classroom.

 

“ Then, where is he ? “  Eun Ji asked so openly not caring if her friend would laugh at her sudden interest in the older male. The truth was that she was worried as hell, he never replied to her message and now he was skipping work.

“ Probably home  … “ Yun Hee replied not even paying attention to her friend until she felt how Eun Ji tried to free her hand from Yun Hee’s grip “ What’s wrong with you ? “

 

“ Yun Hee, I have to find Kris … “ Eun Ji started “  … yesterday I texted him but he never replied. And now when you told me that he’s not at the company, you might think I’m stupid but I have to make sure he’s fine … “ Yun Hee just smiled at the words her friend said. She took out her phone and wrote down something. Before Eun Ji could ask what her friend was doing her phone rang. Once she saw the message she raised an eyebrow looking at Yun Hee.

 

“ What’s with the message ? “ Eun Ji questioned. After all Yun Hee was standing right beside her so why all of a sudden she texted her. Yun Hee rolled her eyes before tapping her friend on the shoulder.

“ You can be really stupid sometimes … “ Eun Ji frowned from the remark her best friend made “ This is Kris’s address … no need to thank me “ Yun Hee chuckled seeing Eun Ji’s shocked face. For some reason Yun Hee knew that her best friend had changed after knowing Kris, for good or bad only time could show but for sure she was slowly entering the love-world and that made Yun Hee happy.

 

Once Eun Ji dashed away to find Kris, Yun Hee took a seat on the bench near the playground. She looked around and smiled at the view of the school building. She had never thought that she’ll miss that place.

“ Hey, I didn’t expect to see you here … “ once Yun Hee turned around she saw Chanyeol’s tall figure right next to the bench. He took a seat next to her before looking around the playground “ You came to talk with Eun Ji ? “

 

“ Yeah, but I couldn’t bring myself to tell her … “  Yun Hee sighed lightly. She knew that she had to tell Eun Ji, but it was too much for the girl to handle.

“ You know you have to tell her sooner or later “ Chanyeol smiled patting the girl on the shoulder “ It’s better if she finds out from you, after all you’re her best friend and she’ll understand “

“ I know … “ Yun Hee smiled weakly. With all her heart she hoped that Eun Ji will understand and be happy for her…

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

AAAYOOOO WADDUUUUPPPP ??? ^^ ~

Wah it’s been awhile since my last update and I’m really sorry for that >.<  but school is hell ….

Anyway …. The new update , hope all my bunnies like it … I know what all of you think … :  What’s with all the mysteries … first Kris now Yun Hee ( Eun Ji’s best friend ) but all will be revealed pretty soon XDD

Thanks to all the bunnies that commented ^^  ~ and welcome to my new bunnies

Hope I’ll see a lot of comments  ? XDD

I’m not sure if all of you know but EXO-M won the ‘Best Group of the Year’ at Mengniu Annual Billboard Music Festival in China

…. I’m so happy for them and the moment I saw Lay and Kris crying …. I cried myself Y_Y  I was so happy and proud …. MY FEELS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! TT^TT

 

   

   

 

I’m really proud to be an EXOTIC !!!!!!!!!!!!! Now EXO-K need to win  best rookie of the year and everything will be perfect  ^^ ~ 

comment and subscribe :))