Chapter 7

Only You

          Donghae's POV

     Eunhyuk and I caught up with the rest of the group who were crowding the whole sidewalk. "Ehh... So what do you guys wanna do?",asked Henry. He continued, "Cause' I don't wanna go home right now. It's boring." Nobody answered, they just shrugged.

     "Hey, new kid.", started H... Hee..Heechul-ssi, I think his name was. He rester his arm around my shoulder like he'd known me for years.

     "Ye-yea?", I stuttered feeling intimidated. 

     "How 'bout we go to your house. We'll have some kind of....... Welcoming party!" he said enthusiastically. Without me answering he said, "It's decided, we're all going to..... ehh what's your name?"

     "Umm D-donghae...."

     "Donghae's house! Kaja! Show us the way Donghae!" he finished, dragging me with his arm still around my shoulders.

     "Donghae, are you sure you're okay with this?", asked Henry.

     "I guess, I mean I'd like to show my mom i made some friends." I said smiling back.

.............................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

    We arrived at my house after stopping by the bakery by my house to get a welcoming cake. I unlocked the door. "Eomma, na wasseo!", I greeted. "Eomeoni!", Sungmin and Henry greeted in unison. There was no response. I let the rest of them in. They walked in looking around. 

    "It's small.", was the first thing Heechul-ssi said while entering.

    As Kyuhyun looked around he nudged my arm and said, "Not bad... for someone like you." He nodded approvingly. Someone like me? What is that supposed to mean? He flopped himself on my couch persuading Sungmin to sit with him like it was his house. He was soon followed by Heechul-ssi who dragged the guy whose uniform said  'Hankyung' down with him. The rest of them were too polite sit down and just stood there until I offered them a seat.

     "Where's your mom?", asked Heechul-ssi. Ehh? Oh yeah..

     "Hold on let me check.", I said heading up stairs as the group continued to converse. I opened the door to my mom's room. "Eomma, eodiseo?" I checked the bathroom and saw no one was there. I walked back down stairs and into the kitchen. I spotted a note on the fridge. It's from Eomma.

'Sorry  baby, Eomma had to rush back to work. There was an emergency. Did you have fun at school? Sorry I didn't get to see you today! You need to understand that Eomma is very busy, arrasseo. I left you some kimchi and some soup in the fridge. Make sure you heat up the soup, Oh and I cooked some rice for you. Eat well! Eomma will be back as soon as I'm done! Saranghae.

     I sighed. As expected. At least I'm not alone again... Ah that reminds me I still have guest over.

     I walked back into the living room where everyone was socializing. Heechul-sii was opening the box with the cake in it. "Yah Donghae, get a knife and some plates." Heechul-ssi said while shooing me to go back into the kitchen. I followed his orders and bringing some refreshments also. I made sure grab some strawberry milk just in case Eunhyuk wanted some. I walked back in to the living room distributing the drinks. Eunhyuk wasn't there. As I gave Kyuhyun his drink he asked, "Do you have any wine?" Wine? What kind of highschool kid drinks wine? I shook my head. My mom doesn't tolerate alcohol well and I'm pretty sure I can't either.

    "Where's Eunhyuk?" I asked holding the strawberry milk I prepared for him in my hands.

     "He went to go take a piss." Heechul answered for me. I waited a little longer....... It's been like five minutes. How long does it take to pee. I got up and headed towards the bathroom.

 

          Eunhyuk's POV

     Donghae's house was small and simple, but it had that warm home feeling. Everyone had gone in and taken a seat after Donghae offered. I kept looking around. Donghae had gone upstairs to look for his mom. Heechul was saying weird things and trying to speak english. He turned to Hangeng and said, "You ah sho gojous...(You are so gorgeous)" while caressing his face. Hangeng just laughed a little rolling his eyes. We laughed at the two. On the opposite side it Kyuhyun who is continously flirting with Sungmin who is red as a tomato. Aish Kyuhyun give the bunny some rest.

     Heechul said he was getting hungry and started opening the cake.  Donghae walked into the living room sighing. "Yah Donghae, get a knife and some plates." Heechul directed Donghae. He nodded his head making his way to the kitchen.

     Everyone was mingling except for me who was like a third wheel. I mean Heechul and Hangeng were in their own little world, Henry and Zhou Mi were playing hand games, while Kyuhyun was directing all his attention to his new 'boyfriend'. I let out a sigh. "Imma go to the bathroom..." I muttered. I walked into the hallway guessing where the bathroom was and eventually found it. I just checked my hair in the mirror and walked out. Might as well take my time. I checked out the stuff on the counter top in the hallway. They were full of pictures of Donghae and his family. There way one of Donghae as a kid wearing a blue dress and had one little ponytail tied with a yellow ribbon kekeke! His mom is almost as pretty as my mom. Donghae looks a lot like his mom. Ahh this must be his dad. He looks like a good dad.

     "What are you doing?"

     "EUAHH!" I turned around and saw Donghae staring at me weirdly.

     "What are you doing?" he repeated.

     "I was looking at your photos..... Gosh don't sneak up on me like that!" I said trying to calm my heart.

     "Man I haven't looked at these in a while..." Donghae said with a smile.

     "I wouldn't either if I had a picture like this." I joked picking up the frame with the photo of Donghae dressed like a girl.

     "Y-yah Give it back!" He exclaimed trying to take it from my grasp.

      "Why you so shy? It cute." I teased. He cheeks flushed a light pink.

      "No it's not! It's embarrasing! Why would I want something like that!"

      "If you don't it, I'll take it." I said seriously.

      "Are you serious?" He asked me as if I weird.

      "Yea." I answered plainly.

      "O-okay. Have it, it's not like I want it." I opened the frame and took the picture out. He turned toward me again. "You better not show this to anyone or i'll kill you." He finished pointing a finger at me.

      "I promise." I said intertwining my pinky with his and pressing our thumbs together.

      I continued to look through the photos. "Is this your dad?" I asked pointing to the picture with a middle aged man on it.

     He smiled. "Yea..."

     "He looks like a good man." I complimented.

     "He was." He answered. Was? Does that mean he's bad now?

     "So.... How old is he?" He stopped and looked at his fingers counting them.

     "Umm.... he's supposed to 42." What?

     "Huh?" I said confused about his answer. Supposed to?

     "He's passed." He said looking at me with a pain expression. What am I supposed to say?

     "Ohh... I'm sorry..." I replied awkwardly.

     "It's okay, it's not like you knew any better." He said patting my shoulder showing me warm smile. "So how's your father?" I shook at the sudden question.

     "Uhhh.... My father and I aren't really on good terms right now, so I can't really say." I smiled. He just nodded.

     "Uhh... are you guys gonna eat some cake?" Henry asked from behind us. We just nodded and walked back to the living room where Donghae handed me a box of strawberry milk. I could feel my face brighten with happiness.

     "Thank you!!!" I said joyfully. Quickly stuck the straw in and savored it. In the middle of my slight strawberry land daydream, I felt something vibrate in my pocket. I took  it out and saw I had a message. It was from Yoona. 

'Oppa can you come over?' 

    Wae? Is something wrong? I mean Yoona doesn't usually text me unless she saying 'Good Morning' or if it's something urgent. I inhaled all my milk in one gulp. "Sorry you guys I have somewhere to go, so i'll be leaving first." I said getting my stuff  together. 

     "Wae? IYA-Duty?", Kyuhyun said casually.

     "I guess..." I said. "Well bye." Everyone waved goodbye as I left running.

 

         Donghae's POV

     I'm glad Eunhyuk and I aren't awkward anymore, in fact I feel more confortable with him then I feel with either Henry or Sungmin. Despite my first impression of him as 'scary' he turns out to be really nice. He's not scary at all, he's actually pretty good looking. Argh... It's weird saying a guy is 'good looking'. Well I'm not lying am I?! Henry called us back into the living room to eat some cake.

     I made sure to hand Eunhyuk the strawberry milk I prepared. The way his face shined like a little kid was just so amusing. His gummy smile unknowingly appeared. I would do anything to see this reaction everyday. I caught myself just staring at him drink his milk. I blushed at my creepiness. Well it's not like I take videos of little kids sleeping on the bus or something. I could see that he was in his own little world. Weirdly he put down his milk to check his phone. Who knew something could distract Eunhyuk from his milk. His child-like facial expression changed into a worried look after looking at his phone. Wae? Did something happen.

     Eunhyuk suddenly starting gathering his stuff saying he had to leave.

     "Wae? IYA-Duty?" Kyuhyun asked. Huh? IYA-Duty?

       All Eunhyuk replied was, "I guess... Well bye." He's leaving me already?...... I mean he's leaving us when we're all supposed to be celebrating? I waved to him as he walked out the door. Everyone got back to what they were doing.

      I got up and asked, "What's IYA-Duty?"

      Everyone looked at me giving me that 'how can you not know' look. Come on guys, give me a break. I'm new okay.

      "Well I'm glad you asked..." Kyuhyun started. "...but I'm afraid you'll have to wait 'til tomorrow."

      "Why tomorrow?" I asked.

     "It'll be easier for you to understand if I tell you tomorrow at school." Kyuhyun simply stated. Everyone else nodded in agreement.

     After a good hour and a half, the rest of them decided to head home leaving me to rest. I walked upstairs wondering why eomma wasn't home yet.  Must be something important I guess. I flopped myself on my bed, not even bothering to change. Eunhyuk occupied my thoughts again. He seemed pretty rished. Is IYA-Duty like his part-time job. Ehh...? But then why would Kyuhyun want to wait until tomorrow just to tell me? Well he was a weird one to begin with... I began to doze off... N-nemo.....Chalja....

 

===================================================================================================================

Ja jang! Soo.... how was this chapter? Yeah , I know... It's been a while. I'm finally on break, so I now have more free time. My poor fishy... It's okay, you still have a mom who loves you a lot!!!! For those of you who are not catching on as to what IYA-Duty is then you have two options.... Spell it out or wait til the next chapter. Whoever gets it first gets 2 prizes. An imaginary pat on the back and the satisfaction of getting it first. So if you're reading this... plz leave a comment for my eyes to read.... belowwwwww.... Comments=Joy. There's a part in the story that says Well it's not like I take videos of little kids sleeping on the bus or something. It makes me laugh cuz I've actually done this before. no i'm not a pedo... I'm not old enough to be. well i cant help it.... i was bored. Soo if there's anything I should change or do, tell me!!!  night!!!! or morning!!!!! what ever....

THANK YOU READERS! I LOVE YOU!

image