Chapter 2

The Purest of Love

 

          Class was finally over and I quickly stood up and put all of my supplies in my backpack. Should I get lunch today? I shake the thought away just remembering  how long the lines get so instead I’ll just go to the drama room and work on my musical; one day without eating won’t kill me, right?

          Then someone makes their way to me and smiles sweetly,  “I-I made you lunch” he takes out a paper bag from his backpack and hands it to me.

          I was completely at loss for words, I just smile a bit, take the bag from him slowly. “Thanks…” I smile big. DongHae sure was something…how the heck did he know I wasn’t planning on eating today?

          He nods a bit, “Enjoy…” he seemed a bit breathless but I figured it was just my imagination.

          I wanted to say more but I really had to leave to the drama room. “I’ll see ya around” I throw my backpack over my shoulder, half smile and walk out of the classroom and towards the drama room. I step inside and walk over to the stage; I felt my heart swell up at the beautiful sight of all the red empty seats…I really hoped this place would get filled up someday.

          Sungmin makes his way inside with a huge smile, “Hey!” He grins and approaches me, “So ready to start planning?” he asks in a happy tone.

          I nod and we sit down on the red seats, he takes out a notebook and pen while I open the paper bag DongHae gave me; I smile big when I see the wrapped sandwhich and the small juice box right next to it. A light chuckle escapes my lips when I take out the juice box.

          “What the heck….” SungMin mutters and stares at me with big eyes, “Did we have those at home and you didn’t tell me?” he pouts and I grin at how childish he was. Maybe him and Donghae have that much in common; I smile to myself and begin to slowly eat, sharing my food with my Minnie.

          “Can we go to Blenders today?” he grins at me and I only nod at him. I was busy thinking about the cast and crew options.

 

**

 

          “So Taemin for the kids musical and HongKi for the other one, right?” he smiles at me, scribbling down on his notebook.

          “We’ll have auditions this week? Or next?”

          I chew on my lower lip and think about it for a sec, “Hmm well I still have to contact the principal about this, so leave that part blank. I think we should audition the middle school kids as well”

          “What?! Why?” he frowns.

          “SungMin, talent comes in all sizes…*smile* I just want to give them the opportunity.”

          He exhales and nods, “Fine” and scribbles in the piece of information.

         

          The day dragged on by and I wasn’t really focused on what was going on around me, I only thought about the potential backstage workers.

          “Do you need a dancer?” SooYoung asks me.

          We were inside my car, waiting for SungMin to arrive, but he was taking too long so I looked around  the parking lot.

          “No, Sooyoung” I say simply and exhale a bit. I was already feeling stressed out.

          She begins to pop her gum and then turns a bit, “Have you seen Kai?” she half smiles when I shake my head, “Because you should know that he’s been bothering me again…*rolls eyes* he’s trying to steal me away” she says under her breath.

          SooYoung knew everything about my relationship with Kai, and she always thought it was pathetic how he always tried to get between me and my potential girlfriends, and once he found out about SooYoung it was no surprise that he tried to steal her away.

          “Just ignore him” I tell her.

          She nods and smiles at me.

         

          I drove SooYoung home then drove Sungmin to ‘Blenders’ because he was bugging me about how he wanted a smoothie. “Thanks HYUKJAE!” He says happily, clings onto my arm and drags me inside the place.

          “You’re welcome” I say with a huge smile and we walk over to the cash register.

          “What would you like?” DongHae asks while staring down at the keys of the register. My eyes widened when I noticed his white hat and bright orange shirt; since when has he worked here?!

            “I didn’t know you worked here…” I frown a bit. “I come here all the time why haven’t I seen you before?” Have I been blind all this time?! Did I not notice him? My head was beginning to hurt while I tried to think back to all the times we’ve come here.

            He turned a bit pink as he stared at me, blush “I- worked in the back.” He points behind him and I figured he must have been making all the smoothies.

           “Oh…” I clered my throat and pretended to look at the options. I felt really stupid for some reason. “Well I usually always get the strawberry blizzard.” I turn and look at SungMin, “What do you want?” I put my arm around him.

           “Hmmm….I don’t know…” SungMin bites his lower lip. “I’ll try that berry one.” He points to a picture behind Donghae; it was a new smoothie apparently because it had a big sign that said NEW right above it.

          “Ok total is four dollars” he says after pressing in the keys.

          I slide a five dollar bill and hand it to him, he takes it slowly, gives me my change and then says, “It’ll be ready in a sec…” he walks off.

          SungMin and I sit down and begin to talk more about the musicals, “Are you sure Taemin will want to sing for the kids one? *frown* why doesn’t Hongki just do both, I mean…his voice is so beautiful” he says with big eyes.

          I chuckle, “You in love with him?” I tease and he sticks his tongue out at me. “Well his voice is beautiful…but Taemin has the face of a cartoon character” we both nod and he smiles at me happily.

          “You already talked to Taemin?”

          I nod, “yea…we talked about this and he agreed to do it” I shrug.

          Donghae came over to our table and placed the smoothies down. “Thanks” I smile at him and he smiles back, but Sungmin stayed quiet and drank his smoothie happily. Donghae left and we continued to plan out our cast while drinking our smoothies.

***

          “Why don’t the teachers scold you for not wearing your uniform?” SungMin asks while laying on my bed and watching me raid my closet; he was wearing his uniform.

          “Because…I am making history” I smirk and take off my shirt and begin to put on my blue jeans and leather jacket. We stood up and walked down the stairs and then the doorbell rings, making SungMin sigh, “Bet its the annoying fish” he mutters and walks to the kitchen.

          Annoying…fish? I frown and open the front door and smile when I see DongHae fumbling with his bag. “Sorry I have to get going now.” He says quickly, and I take the container slightly confused.

            “Uh WAIT!” I grab his arm before he leaves.

            He turns and stares at my hand on his sweater and slightly smiles.

          “Listen…about your tournament..” I didn’t want to tell him, but I also didn’t want to disappoint him when he saw that I wouldn’t be there.

            “Don’t worry! I know Jessica is having a party that day,” he nods and I just frown in confusion. Jessica’s party wasn’t my concern what shocked me was that he knew about it. Didn’t she try to keep it a secret?

            “You do?”

            He nods and grins, “YEA! So I completely understand if you only make it to the last half of the game.” he smiles sweetly. “Oh, gotta go!” He runs off before I could say anything else.

          I just watch him leave, feeling uneasy that he still thought I would be there for his tournament. “I’m leaving!” SungMin smiles and walks off.

          “What?! Why aren’t I taking you?”

          SungMin shrugs, “I feel like taking a stroll…*chuckles* Just kidding! My friend is picking me up, *smile* see you later *Waves and walks off*”

          I only shrug and after I eat what Donghae brought me I run to my motorcycle and speed away, I was going to take a shortcut but for some reason I decided not to. Oh well, being late wasn’t that bad, but while I was driving I noticed DongHae walking.

          Did he miss the bus?

          I frown and park beside him, I take off my helmet and smile at him, “Need a ride?” I asked sweetly. He looked completely confused for some reason-he was blinking a lot. Was he still sleepy?

          He only nods slowly.

          “Get in.” I hand him a helmet and he takes it and stared at it nervously. I figured he has never been on a motorcycle but I didn’t say anything because he climbs behind me and clings onto me tightly. I didn’t think much of it. I figured he must have been really scared.

          “Hang on tight.” I say huskily. I pressed his hands on the handle bars and twisted them, the bike responded. He held me tighter as I sped away. I sped up after realizing how late we would be if I didn’t; I couldn’t let Donghae be late, he seemed like those perfect students that never dared make a mistake. I drive into the student’s parking lot and park near the entrance. Donghae takes off the helmet and hands it to me. “Thank you.” He says sweetly.

          I nod, “If you ever need a ride DongHae…don’t be afraid to ask, k?” I smile sweetly and grab my backpack, settling it on my back.

          “Wont SooYoung get mad at you…since she doesn’t like me much…” he says sadly.

          I felt a pinch in my heart because I knew how rude SooYoung has been to him. She never liked him, even before we started dating she’d tell me how annoying Donghae was but I never listened to her. DongHae wasn’t annoying, I actually enjoyed having him around.

          Heechul and KyuHyun weren’t that friendly either, they’d complain about how nice he was which made no sense to me. Why would you dislike someone for being nice?

          I smile a bit and silently laugh, “You think I care what people think about you?” I never have before.

          He grins but stays quiet.

          “I’ll see you later, k?” I smile sweetly and walk off towards the drama room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 I feel like this is totally boring T^T and the next one Is Hae’s tournament and ugh the next chapter just feels boring already!! I might go through some flashbacks on the next one, if you don’t mind…