Chapter 31

Another Vampire Story

3rd Person

He would never admit it to Jay, but Dok2 was extremely jealous of him at the moment. He stared at Harley, whose eyes were blazing with serious intent. The two of them had always talked about finding a ride or die chick and Jay had found one. This was some serious .

“Hold up ma, what you talkin’ bout right now?” Dok2 asked, echoing Chansung’s thoughts.

“The spell we mentioned, it calls for a sacrifice,” Harley said.

“Wait so…”

“No!” Chansung yelled. “Harley, you can’t be serious.”

“There’s gotta be somethin’ else ma,” Dok2 agreed. “If you do this then what’s my boy gonna do? He already lost one girl, and then to lose you…nah, that can’t happen.”

“I told you to leave, you didn’t, so now you have to go along with it,” she told him. “Chansung, you gave me your word you would help me so it up. Both of you can stay here because I won’t hesitate to hurt either of you if you get in my way.” She stared at both of them hard, daring them to say something she didn’t like. “We’re leaving in fifteen.” She went to her room and slammed the door, leaving the remaining three to stare at each other.

“Ma- I mean, Kali, is she serious? She ain’t really gonna kill herself, is she?” Dok2 asked.

“You think I would let her do that?”

“Chill, it was just a question. I mean, I’ve never met a real ride or die chick before. That’s some scary .” He turned to Chansung. “Man, how you gonna do this? Ain’t you supposed to be in love with her or some ? Man, this is worse than that Romeo and Juliet bull.”

“I agree with Dok2. This is too much, but she’s determined to do it and even I can’t talk her out of it.”

“Damn…just damn. Jay’s gonna kill me for letting this happen.”

“You?” Kali asked. “How are you supposed to stop anything? Channie is a vamp, I have powers, and even though I’m sure she hates them right now, Harley has visions. You’re just a normal guy that into a twisted game. There’s no stopping anything now.”

“That was cold ma.”

“I’m not your mother,” Kali snapped. “Call me ma again and I’ll make your tongue fall out.”

“Is now the time for this?” Chansung asked. The other two turned to face him as though they’d forgotten he was there. “We’ve got to find an alternative and find it soon. Can you focus on that and then get back to bickering later?”

Neither answered, but there was an unspoken agreement in the air. Harley came out her room dressed in all black with her combat boots on like she was going to war. “You ‘bout to blow something up?” Dok2 asked.

“Maybe.” She cracked a small smile.

“Let’s ride ma.”

*********

Jay stood before Jin Young with the others, trying to keep his thoughts under control. He was worried about both Harley and Chansung, and he was ready to rip Nichkhun’s throat out at the very second he got the chance. He couldn’t tip Jin Young off to what he was thinking and it was a struggle to keep his mind blank.

“I am old, but I am not all knowing. Would someone like to explain to me why there has been so much disruption lately? I do not tolerate violence in the family.”

No one spoke, unsure of the mood Jin Young was actually in. He looked calm enough, but they all knew he could snap in an instant.

“I am waiting for an answer.”

“It was a misunderstanding,” Jay spoke up. “Taecyeon and I got into an argument and it went too far. I realize now that I was in the wrong.” There. That was as close as he was going to get to an apology.

“Taecyeon, is this true?”

Taec nodded, somewhat understanding what Jay meant. “He tells the truth. It was just an argument that got out of hand. It won’t happen again.”

Jin Young sighed. “I know you boys are young and full of energy. You have to learn how to control yourselves.”

“Yes sir,” they all said in unison.

“Now…who would like to tell me where Chansung is?”

It was still as everyone held their breath.

“Is no one going to answer me?” Jin Young’s voice trembled with barely suppressed rage. “I will ask again. Where is Chansung?”

“Master, we’ve found him,” Junsu called from the shadows.

“And?”

“He’s um, the brief lock we could get on him said he was in New Orleans.”

The minutes New Orleans left Junho’s mouth Jin Young turned to Jay. The older vampire locked onto the younger’s brain so hard that Jay’s nose started to bleed. Dazed and nursing a headache, Jay tried to get his head to stop ringing while Jin Young paced furiously back and forth.

“What the ?” Jay yelled, trying to stop the bleeding. Surprisingly it was Taecyeon that ripped off one of his sleeves to give to Jay.

“What is the meaning of this?” Jin Young yelled. “What did you do to my youngest child? Why is in New Orleans?” Jin Young continued to hurl accusations and threats towards Jay. The others all backed away as discreetly as possible, not wanting to accidently get caught in the Master’s wrath. All the while, Jay was standing as still as possible. It was obvious that Jin Young hadn’t been able to dredge everything he’d wanted to from Jay’s mind.

“Answer me! Why have you turned my child against me?!”

“You did it to yourself,” Jay answered calmly.

“Explain yourself!”

“You hurt Harley. Chansung likes Harley. By causing her accident and bringing her here and all that, you broke the kid’s heart and disillusioned him to your little family,” Jay sneered.

Standing was becoming difficult. The blood had stopped gushing from his nose, but Jay was far from steady. His vision was narrowing and he kept feeling like something was pulling him. It was becoming more and more difficult to focus on what was happening.

“You polluted his mind against me,” Jin Young said.

“I didn’t make him do anything he didn’t want to.”

“You insufferable little brat. Why must you continuously undermine my authority and my vision? I have tried to be understanding of you, but I have tolerated your disrespect long enough.”

Jin Young lunged in a flash, but he wasn’t quick enough. The pulling sensation intensified and Jay disappeared, causing the older to crash through the empty space and knock over Wooyoung. As he righted himself he yelled and cursed, anger and humiliation burning through his veins.

“Master, what would you have us do?” Junho asked cautiously.

“You will do nothing. I am going to New Orleans and I will settle the score with Jaebeom.”