Chapter 25

Another Vampire Story

Harley’s POV

“Dok2’s coming over,” I said to Kali. She nodded absentmindedly as she continued to pour over her book like she’d done the past week. We weren’t any closer to a solution but I wasn’t willing to give up just yet.

“Really?” she murmured.

“Uh huh. He has a message for us he says.”

“From who?”

A knock came from the front door. “I guess we’re about to find out.”

I went to open the door and let Dok2 in. He looked confused. He sat down in our armchair and just started off into space for a moment,

“Tell me the kid was lying and this is all just some big prank,” he finally said.

So he knows “As much as I wish I could say that, I can’t. You just found yourself in the middle of a supernatural best seller.”

“Jay never told me and we’ve known each other for years.” He glared at me. “Anything I should know about you?”

“I get visions and my girl is a witch who does not deal well with other people’s attitudes,” I said in warning.

He nodded his understanding. “I guess I should give you these.” He reached into his inside jacket pocket and handed me two envelopes. I recognized the handwriting on them as Jay’s. The one with my name on it was lain aside for a later time, but the first page of the other one was what interested me the most at the moment.

“How did you get this?”

“The kid came and brought it to me.”

Kid? He cant mean “Channie? Chansung brought you this? Why?”

“Jay sent him to me.”

“So, he’s on our side?”

“That’s what he says. I don’t like it, but I trust Jay so I’m willing to put up with the kid if it’ll help my boy out.”

“Kali!” I called. “Dok2 brought us something~!”

My roommate appeared in the living room and I handed her the letter. She scanned it, her eyes widening as she got further along the page.

“Can we trust this?” she asked.

Dok2 shrugged. “I don’t even know what it is.”

“It’s supernatural law…a condensed version at least,” Kali explained. “I know most of this, but what stands out is one line in particular.”

“You caught it too?” I asked.

She nodded and addressed Dok2. “Can you get in touch with Jay?”

He shook his head. “Not directly. He said something about the walls having ears.”

“What about Chansung?”

“He only came because Jay sent him.”

“Damn,” I cursed.

“What?” he asked.

“If we can find out the exact words to Jay and Jin Young’s contract we may be able to find a loophole. If not, I found a spell that might help us but it’s really powerful and way beyond my skill level,” Kali said.

I snapped towards her. I started to ask her about it but I could tell she didn’t want to talk about it in present company.

“I’ll see what I can do,” Dok2 said. He got up to leave. “Ya’ll be careful, okay?”

“It’s kind of late for that,” I muttered as I walked him out.

After closing the door behind Dok2 I raced to Kali’s room. I begged her to tell me what she’d found but she refused. She even ignored my puppy dog face. Since she wasn’t budging I grabbed my letter from Jay and retreated to my room.

A minute had never seemed so long as I tried to open the envelope. I hadn’t heard from Jay in a week and now I was being thwarted by a stupid piece of paper. Finally, I got it open lay on my bed to read it.

He couldn’t leave.

He was surrounded by dudes.

He missed me.

He hated the compound.

He hated Jin Young even more.

He loved me.

I felt like crying as I read. He loved me and missed me. He was suffering so much in that stupid place. I read the words over and over, memorizing them. If I had my way he wouldn’t be there long.

“I’m working on it,” I whispered to my letter. “I miss you too.”

 

That night I had a vision, but it was different than usual. I saw Jay and Sunny like always, but instead of an overhead view it was like I was following them. A sense of anger and jealousy that wasn’t mine washed over me as I followed the couple. I couldn’t control my actions which made it pretty much impossible to see who I was.

The couple stopped and so did I. They spoke something I couldn’t hear and parted ways. Before she could disappear I followed Sunny. It was like a lion stalking its prey. She didn’t even notice me until I was close enough to smell her floral perfume.

“Omo! Who are you?” she gasped. “Please don’t hurt me.”

I didn’t speak. My hands went around her waist and pulled her into me. The sudden movement stopped her protesting. Leaning down I whispered in her ear, the harsh sound masking my true voice.

“You are about to die.”

She started to shake. “What? Why?”

“You’re making him question things. He’s too taken with you. I’m not going to let you mess up everything by distracting him.” My fangs lengthened and I positioned myself to strike. “He’ll thank me for this later.”

I tried to rip my consciousness away but I was stuck until the vision was over. Sunny’s blood exploded onto my palate, warm and delicious. She tried to fight back but my grip on her was firm. It didn’t matter though. She lost strength as I drained her until she finally stopped moving. I wiped my mouth with the back of my hand as her body dropped to the ground.

I woke up sweating and panting. I shot from under my covers and into my bathroom as my mind raced. Sunny was dead, that was a fact, but now I had more questions than before. I didn’t know who I was but I knew I wasn’t Jin Young. He was too shrewd to just attack a girl like that.  No one knew about Sunny though except for…I gripped the sink as the words came back to me.

That girl-Sunny. I saw her a couple times. ..when I first got here. I snuck out a few times and followed them. She was so damn cutesy it was sickening.

Taecyeon.