Anonymous

Dear life, you [Latest Topic: I hate love;]

Not so great. I disappeared in my class's top 5. Now, I am top 7. My parents doesn't realize that I do my best. I didn't change,my classmates just got smarter. I am not allowed to listen to kpop anymore. Ugh! My parents will let me do anything but be myself. 

Dear Anonymous, 
I can definitely give you advice. My parents weren't necessarily nazi helicopter parents, but they were always concerned about my grades, who my friends were, and when I was studying for the SATs. I struggled a lot through it, and with struggling I rebeled. I tried hard, but only as hard as I believed I could. 


Now that I've gotten all of my decision letters, here's some advice: it ISN'T the best you can do. While you may think it is, it most likely isn't. Keep in mind all of the great stars that are revered today. I'm not talking about the lazy bum stars that got there by sleeping around or inhereting money, but I'm talking about people who started at the bottom and made it to the top. Do you think that those select people were simply lucky geniuses that barely made it to the top? No. If they didn't make the decisions they had, they'd probably be considered average. What sets us apart from each other are our choices, hobbies, unique likes and dislikes and so on. We may all start similarly, but our hard work and choices are what begin to set us apart. It's their motivation, dedication, desperation and so on that ensured their place at the top. 


I have a dream. To become a doctor. And I WILL make it there. Do you feel like you're failing? Well, failure is more powerful than you can image. It can either make you feel like crap and cause you to degrade yoursef, but it can also push you to become motivated, dedicated, and desperate to reach your dreams. 


Find a reason, a wish, a dream and go after it. If it doesn't have to do with education... well I hate to break it to you honey, but most occupations and respectable positions today involve some sort of educational degree. If you have a dream in the arts, GO AFTER IT. But everyone needs a back up plan. Don't be like the idiot who works hard and applies to all Ivies, but ends up getting rejected and going to a community college. Go after your dreams desperately, but that will involve getting good grades too. 


When I'm feeling like I can't do anything and all I want to do is sleep, I say these things to myself:
"Is that truly the best you can do?"
"Don't be scared of failure. If you are, you won't reach the top sane."
"Believe in yourself and your capabilities"
"Have confidence. Prove your dream and goals are valid."

I hope I helped you. I won't say that you'll be fine, because not people end up "fine". But I will say that it's definitely possible for you to become fine and reach your dreams.