The Difference between Seniors and Senior Citizens

Dear life, you [Latest Topic: I hate love;]

I walked into the nearby Burger King nearby as my parents dropped me off and waved goodbye, a dull smile plastered on their face as it was seven o'clock in the morning.

Putting one foot in front of the other, I groggily ordered some kind of contraption they created and slapped onto the dollar menu.

Sitting down at the Burger King Internet Cafe -not as fancy as you think- I the computer.Typing in "asianfanfics.com", I looked to see if I had any glaringly noticeable notifications that were either something that I looked forward to or annoyed by while I read a story.'

However, I couldn't help overhearing a conversation nearby.

 

Seniors. For those of use who are in High School, you must understand, or have felt the presence of a senior who was either extremely cocky of their superior status. Yes, the status that says that they are about to leave the hell hole, or formally known as school. Oh, and that they're the eldest out of all the students there makes it that much better. Yes. This totally makes them the kingkas- the badasses of the whole entire school population.

Honestly, I never understood why so many seniors acted as if they were above it all and looked down on the upcoming freshies. C'mon. You probably acted exactly the same way as they were at that moment. Sure, some of them may have been loud and overly happy, but chances are that you were, too. And the aura of "I have wisdom and knowledge on every nook n' cranny in the entire school shooting out of my " just makes me sob. Dear, dear senior.. You were a mere junior only a few months ago. Did you slap on your smartie pants and whip out your cool shades on the first day of your senior year and automatically turn into some strange, high school guru?

Now, before some of you seniors who may be reading this start criticizing me, let me tell you that I totally understand that this only counts certain people. However, let's be real. There are a lot of "certain people". And, no, I'm not some little girl ranting about the little things that piss her off in life.

 

Ahh.. wait a moment.

I am. ;u;

 

But let us rewind to where what I am saying makes sense..

 

However, I couldn't help overhearing a conversation nearby.

"Paulie! How've you been? I haven't seen you here lately," a man shouted towards the door.

"Yeah, I wasn't here yesterday."

"Did you get any hits in your box? I bet it's on fire!" he continued, slapping down at the desk and partially shocking the strange girl on a fanfic website next to him.

"I think I may have gotten some hits back," he responded.

"I've been talking to these ladies and some of them actually got back to me. It's hard to tell which ones are the nice ones.." the other man said, raising his eyebrow suggestively.

"Haha, What happened to that woman?"

"I don't know. But that picture she has is going to get called out by the mods," he answered, staring intensely at his computer screen. "You know what I said to that one lady who said that she likes dancing?"

The other man only shook his head.

"I told her that I would love to dance with her, but that I would probably trip since I have to left feet- possibly three."  The man shook his head proudly, at the lines he conjured up in his head. "Those creative writing courses I took in high school definitely paid off.."

 

Paulie and the other man are senior citizens. As I go to the Burger King in the morning, I have noticed how many seniors- senior citizens- come and eat here. Doing this for a around a week, I've been overhearing these two men talking to each other about their dating life online. Well, I'm not eavesdropping. They're kind of shoving their words into my ear and into the stomach of my mind, called the brain. 

But their conversations are actually quite amusing.

They're exactly like seniors in our high schools, except bringing it down to life online. At one point in my life of sitting at the Burger King Cafe, I felt bad for them because they were obviously not married (Well, I hope they're not..) and spending the time they had left here. Didn't they have any grandchildren to go back to?

However, it became blatantly obvious that they enjoyed this aspects of their lives. They were genuinely happy at seeing online statuses and pictures of attractive women in their sixties and flirting with them- with the help of creative writing courses they took forty years back.

And with that, I come to this conclusion: Seniors and Senior Citizens are exactly the same.

Yeah, the old timers are getting their game on through the internet, but they still have that flirty craze and feeling of overpowering wisdom over their own domain. Just like the seniors who love to obnoxiously makeout with their false spouse and talk to sophomores as if they have gone through a war, Seniors claim power over the high school area as Senior Citizens do towards the virtual dating world.

 

Yup.

I have confidently convinced myself as of now.

Both seniors are the same, and if I ever make the mistake of switching one with the other in an English Essay, I will send my teacher this story link and make her read why her stupid read pen and grading system made an error.

Take that Mrs. Lee.