Chapter 18: When he gets confused with his feelings

I'm Inlove with My Bestfriend

Third Person POV

It was Wednesday and it’ll be two days before the acquaintance party. Doojoon and Jaehyuk have just barely practiced and they weren’t even in the half of the song yet. But Doojoon has always been this patient and that he always understands Jaehyuk for lacking talent in dancing.

“Its okay, Jaehyuk. We could try all over again.” Doojoon assured her with a smile.

“I’m really sorry.” Jaehyuk definitely hates herself.

“Do you want to take a break first?” Doojoon said as he walks to her direction and wiped her face with his towel as he saw her sweat. She blushed a bit for his actions. She has never been treated like this. Junhyung would act kind to her but not this way. Doojoon always looks at her affectionately and she feels like she would melt anytime.

“Are you okay, Jaehyuk?” Doojoon said that snapped her out of her trance.

“Uh… yeah! Let’s go eat something.” She replied as she grabbed Doojoon’s wrist. As they got out of the room, it was then the time Junhyung was about to pass by. And probably Junhyung saw Jaehyuk was dragging Doojoon. They look happy together, he thought.

“Hey” Junhyung said without any expression.

“Hey” Jaehyuk and Doojoon replied in unison. Jaehyuk slowly let go of Doojoon’s wrist.

“How’s the practice?” Junhyung asked them.

“We’re just doing fine.” Doojoon replied as he placed his arm around Jaehyuk’s shoulder. He smiled at her.

“Well then, I’ll go ahead. We’re still in a practice.” Junhyung then faked a smile and continued to walk.

“Let’s go.” Doojoon smiled at Jaehyuk as he motioned her to the canteen. As they were walking away, Junhyung took a last glance at Jaehyuk. Maybe she’s really happy with him… But, I’m sorry Jaehyuk I don’t really like him for you…, he thought as he entered a room.

“Hyung! Have you seen Ailin?” Dongwoon asked him as soon as he entered the room.

“Nope. Maybe she’s still in her class.” Junhyung replied as he sat down beside Hyun-Ae.

 

***

 

Ailin got out of her room and started to search for Dongwoon.

“Ailin!” someone called out her name. It was Kikwang.

“Hey” Ailin find it hard to look directly into his eyes because of the last time that happened. Kikwang was absent yesterday so she wasn’t able to talk to him.

“Hey. What’s up?” Kikwang asked while smiling like nothing happened. She must probably forget about it.

“Nothing much. You?” Ailin replied

“Aw~ I find it hard for our presentation we really lack of time…” Kikwang pouted

“You can do it!” Ailin cheered.

“I thought you’ll be awkward around me… because of what happened… I’m glad you’re not like that!” Kikwang said

She simply smiled at him.

Dongwoon saw the two of them form afar. Seeing them smiling at each other felt like… It makes him feel a kind of jealousy. But he tries to deny it.  Maybe he was just being too over protective towards her. She’s grown up and she can take care of herself.  She already knows how to pick what’s best for her. But you can deny the fact that deep, deep down in his heart something is aching. He just doesn’t know why.

 

***

 

“Seobbie!” ChoHee tried to call on Yoseob but he wasn’t turning on his back. Maybe he was still mad at me, she thought.

“Hey.” Someone tapped her shoulder.

“Hyun Seung.” She smiled at him.

“Can you join me to eat snacks?” Hyun Seung asked her. Oh God, did he just asked me out this time? Oh my, I thought I’ll just have a date with him this Saturday, I didn’t knew this day would come! Her mind cried.

“Sure!” she replied excitedly and that made Yoseob grew angrier towards Hyun Seung. He was trying to catch her attention then Hyun Seung would come to ruin the day.

“You’ll never get her from me!” Yoseob muttered

 

***

 

“So… She can’t break up with her boyfriend?” Ailin raised an eyebrow

“Yeah… What should I do, Umma?” Dongwoon pretended to cry as he hugged her and buried his face n her neck. And that has made her blush. Why he’s so close right now? She thought as she tried so hard to sound normal.

“I don’t know…” she replied

“Umma, can you help me again?” Dongwoon faced her

“Okay, but what is it this time?” she asked

“Be my girlfriend again.” Dongwoon flashed a smile.

“W-what? W-hy?” she stammered

“Umma, we used to be like that before so why refuse this time?” Dongwoon whined

“Dongwoon… I… I just…” she finds it hard to tell Dongwoon about Kikwang. She doesn’t really have any relationship with Kikwang but she wanted to forget her feelings for Dongwoon. She has to avoid him. But how?

“Why? Is Kikwang your boyfriend now?” Dongwoon asked bluntly

“Well no. But I guess… he has potentials… I mean..”

“Just so you know… I don’t like Kikwang for you…” Dongwoon crossed his arms

“And just so you know… I don’t like her for you too…” Ailin rolled her eyes

“Are you… serious?” Dongwoon turned serious

“I am…”

“Do you… like me?” Dongwoon asked bluntly

“Why… do you  like  me too?” she replied