Day Eighthundred and Fourty-Five

Experiment KR0611S

 

Wu Fan sat at the table, his hands folded neatly on top of the table as he looked at Yixing who was talking about who knows what. Wu Fan wasn’t really concentrating either, he was just happy that he wasn’t alone anymore.

“And then they went all like ‘You can’t do that!’” Yixing laughed most to himself since Wu Fan didn’t move a muscle. He then quieted down and looked at Wu Fan. The boy could not have been much older than himself.

His dark eyes seemed so dull and empty. His black hair fell down to his shoulders, framing his face perfectly. His eyebrows were bent in a perfect curve and his cheeks were slightly rounded and his lips were small but beautifully pink.

Yixing gulped hard as his chest tightened up a bit and he smacked his dry lips. In some way Wu Fan looked perfect. You don’t often see a face like his, all its features in such symmetry.

Wu Fan looked over curiously at Yixing as the small boy had stopped talking. This got Yixing to snap out of his trance and look at the table again.

“Eh- well that’s the story about how Kyong took my dessert.” Yixing said awkwardly and laughed a bit. He then looked up at the ceiling as he scratched himself behind his ear with his finger. His cheeks became slightly tinted with red as he looked over at Wu Fan who was watching him intently.

Wu Fan was not a man of many words, that was something that Yixing had discovered but it didn’t matter for him, he liked talking. It was something he was good at. And Wu Fan happened to be a great listener.

“Tell me something more” Wu Fan said quietly. Yixing looked at the man and then he bit his bottom lip in deep thought. He tried to think of something that he hadn’t told Wu Fan before. He then turned to the man and sighed.

“I can’t think of anything I haven’t already told you about” he said and smiled a bit. Wu Fan sighed, not in annoyance, but in all. “Why don’t you tell me something?” Yixing asked instead.

Wu Fan was taken aback but then he thought for a while. He tried to think of something that had happened before he had been brought to the laboratories. He tried to think back and he could feel something, but he couldn’t put a finger on what that something was.

He sighed and shook his head. “I can’t remember anything” he mumbled and Yixing nodded. He had wanted to know something more about Wu Fan but that had to wait now.

Two professors sat in one of the guard booths, watching Yixing and Wu Fan interact. They studied them as they sat by the table, Yixing leaning back while stretching his arms and saying something that made Wu Fan chuckle a bit as the tall boy picked a bit at the table.

“Project Angelus seems happier than I’ve seen him before” an middle aged man said with his eyes trained on Yixings facial expression that showed a big smile.

“I know. I’m afraid that we won’t be able to part the anymore. It may affect the experiments negatively” the other man, much young, said and ruffled his hair while reading Wu Fan’s file. “Experiment KR0611S is also showing positive answers in the recent tests”

The middle-aged man nodded and looked on as Yixing stood up with a smile and ran over to a shelf that was in the room. From there he took a few papers and a few crayons of different colors before he skipped back to Wu Fan.

Wu Fan looked at the papers and crayons that were placed on the table and looked then up at Yixing. “What is this?” he asked and picked up a crayon, he studied the dull tip of the red one.

“It’s a crayon! We are going to paint!” Yixing said happily as he sat down and Wu Fan sighed and chuckled a bit. He took a piece of paper and placed it in front of him. He then leaned his chin in his hands and looked up at the ceiling.

“I’m going to paint a- what’s it called…” Yixing said as he bit his lower lip and furrowed brows.

“What does it look like?” Wu Fan asked and looked at Yixing who was thinking hard.

“It’s like… an animal with four legs and a kind of big head and a horn-“

“An Unicorn?” Wu Fan asked and Yixing looked over at him and smiled.

“Yes! An Unicorn!” he said happily and started drawing. Wu Fan sighed and shook his head. He bit his finger as he looked at the paper in front of him and then he smiled as he started drawing.

Yixing looked over at Wu Fan a few minutes later and looked at the boy’s paper. “What are you drawing?” he asked and Wu Fan looked up at him.

“A Dragon obviously” he said and looked down at his drawing. Yixing furrowed his brows and picked up the piece of paper. Then he looked over at Wu Fan again.

“A dragon?” he asked and Wu Fan nodded. Yixing studied the picture again and bit his cheek before he gave Wu Fan back his paper. “It looks like a deformed bird” he said as he continued drawing on his unicorn again.

“What? A deformed bird? How is it either deformed or a bird?” Wu Fan said and looked held up the paper. Yixing sighed and smiled.

“The wings look like a birds, and they have weird hands, what bird has hands?”

“I told you it’s a dragon, dragons have hands!”

“… But then the head is like… backwards and weird and the is huge and the legs are as skinny as a match’s”

“It has a big because that’s its’ the body of it! And I’m going to paint a tail to it too!”

“It still looks like a bird! Its’ even got a beak!”

“No! That’s it’s mouth!”

“Well your drawing looks like a child’s…” Yixing mumbled and started to draw on his paper again.

Wu Fan threw Yixing a glare that he obviously didn’t notice. He scoffed as he continued drawing on his own picture. He studied it a bit closer. He turned the pictured a bit and frowned, Yixing was kind of right, his drawing looks like a child’s.

Day 845

-Project Angelus is falling in love with subject KR0611S. If we part them, it might affect the experiments and the tests. We are afraid that they might be a failure.