3. Day One Hundred Twenty-Two

Experiment KR0611S

 

Wu Fan gloomily stared at the door from where he was sitting and he watched the doorknob turn and the door opened. He continued staring at Joonmyeon who had walked into the room. Distant screams and whimpers were heard through the walls and the hallway.

Joonmyeon looked at the boy on the floor and he sighed. Wu Fan was one of the more relaxed test objects. After a few days at the laboratory he had stopped struggling and would come when asked. Joonmyeon was slightly confused, he had been so sure that he wouldn’t stop fighting back.

“I brought you food” Joonmyeon said quietly and put down the tray with food in front of Wu Fan. The boy looked up at Joonmyeon and then down at the tray and said a silent thank you before he took up the spoon beside the plate and he started to eat. At least the food was decent here.

“You have to come with me when you’ve finished eating.” Joonmyeon continued and Wu Fan listened to him but didn’t say anything. Joonmyeon guessed that the boy heard him and he sighed. He sat with Wu Fan while the other ate and when he finished he put down the bowl and the spoon carefully on the tray. The two of them stood up together and Joonmyeon walked out with Wu Fan behind him, following.

Staring down at the floor Wu Fan tried to block out all the sounds from the other rooms and he winced when he heard an ear piercing scream ring through the hallway and all other screams quieted down at that was the only sound in the corridor. A girl’s frightened scream, then it became quiet.

Joonmyeon brought Wu Fan out of the corridor and they walked across the main hallway of the building and Joonmyeon opened the door. Joonmyeon checked so that the door was locked again and they walked down the hallway. This time there were only a few rooms and an eerie silence rang in Wu Fan’s ears.

He looked up and saw a few doors, these were a little bit roomier and seemed more welcoming than the old ones and he peeked inside one, seeing a few people sit inside the rooms, looking out at him, reading or sleeping. They seemed all much better than in the last hallway.

Joonmyeon still brought Wu Fan past the doors and they walked into another hallway. This one was lit dimly and ended at the front with a door which was open. Joonmyeon glanced back at Wu Fan who followed him and they walked into the room. It was a lightly lit room and Wu Fan had to squint for a moment before his eyes became accustomed to the light. He looked around and it was a room, much like the one he had been tested in at the other hallway.

He went and sat down on the chair in the middle of the room like always and the doctors in the room looked a little at him. “He has already become accustomed and won’t fight it” Joonmyeon said quietly to them as they watched Wu Fan sit down and wait for them to begin.

“Okay, thank you for bringing him Joonmyeon” a male with brown hair said and Joonmyeon handed the man Wu Fan’s folder and he sighed. “He’s so young” the man mumbled as he read the few notes that Joonmyeon had written about Wu Fan.

“I don’t want to see him like this. He doesn’t deserve it Baekhyun” Joonmyeon said and the brown haired male sighed and looked at Wu Fan who had already disconnected himself from the rough reality. Joonmyeon then walked out of the room and took one last glance at Wu Fan before closing the door.

“Okay. This is Experiment KR0611S. He is 17 years old and he is the one who we are injecting the dragon cells in. He apparently doesn’t struggle much but we’ll strap him down none the less.” A male doctor started talking and two other male’s went over to Wu Fan and started to put on the straps over Wu Fan’s chest, arms, wrists and legs. The boy did not move and the man who had been talking continued his speech.

“There is a 37% possibility that the subject will survive” he ended his talk and Baekhyun noted down what the man said and watched. The man walked over to a cabinet, pulled out a syringe with golden glowing liquid and walked over to the boy in the chair.

Wu Fan did not move and didn’t even flinch when the liquid was inserted. The liquid slowly started to penetrate through his veins and throughout his body. As the liquid started to approach his heart and his brain Wu Fan felt how the pain started to increase and he let out a loud whimper.

The doctors watched as the man in the chair started whimpering and shaking. “The cells are starting to take effect” the head doctor in the room said as his whimpers got louder and the shaking increased. The pain in his head and body increased and it felt as if his body was on fire.

Wu Fan screamed out loud when the liquid made its’ way to his heart and brain. He let out one scream after another and he started pulling at the straps, trying to get off. His head was spinning and he couldn’t see anything.

The doctors watched as the subject struggled to get out of the chair and the room was echoing with screams of pain. Baekhyun cringed and forced his hands to stay put by his sides so that he wouldn’t cover his ears. He stared down at the floor, he wasn’t able to watch the boy struggle to get out of the chair in agony and he squeezed his eyes shut.

The screams in the room turned slowly into hoarse yells and the boy was losing the energy in his body to fight against the straps. He slowly stopped fighting it and sat back in the chair and flung his head back and panted as the pain made his body numb and he whimpered loudly.

The doctors waited for a few minutes before they walked up to the boy on the chair and loosened the straps around his body and they studied his different reflexes and then they turned to Baekhyun and one of them walked up to him, telling that the boy was still breathing and Baekhyun nodded.

He watched Wu Fan as he was taken out of the room and into the long hallway and through the next door. Wu Fan was carried out to one empty room and set down on the bed. He winced in pain and clutched his chest as he rolled over in the bed, screaming hoarsely, the pain in his chest was unbearable, making it difficult for him to do anything.

Day 122

We are ready to inject some modified dragon's cells in his body. Those cells will take control of the others and soon they will take over the entire body. If the experiment will be a success, then he will be alive. There are 34% of possibilities that the subject will survive.

This is test number 87.

-The subject does not struggle and let us doing our work.

-The subject is now strapped down. He is not making a noise.

-We injected the modified cells. The subject did not even flinch at the injection.

-The cells started having effect. The subject has started whimpering with loud voice.

-The subject is now struggling and screaming.

-The experiment so far is a success. The subject seems in pain, but he is still breathing.