Day One Thousand Four-Hundred and Seventy Nine

Experiment KR0611S

 

Yixing sat in the common room, watching Wu Fan draw on a piece of paper. The tall man’s face was still beat up, a few scratches here and there. His back was crooked and he leaned over the paper while knitting his brows.

Yixing shook his head and looked down at his own hands, he had saved Wu Fan and he could feel that every time he watched Wu Fan his heart skipped a beat. His cheeks heated up and when he had seen Wu Fan hurt a few weeks back he had been filled with sadness and loneliness, afraid that he would never be able to see him again.

Yixing had overheard a few scientists talking about Wu Fan.

“He is getting too strong”

“Yes he is. But we have to keep him for just a short time. And when we’re finished we can just…”

“Throw him away?”

The two scientist laughed as Yixing slid down to the ground with his back pressed against the wall. He placed his hands on his knees and stared up at the ceiling. ‘Why…’

Yixing snapped out of his daze and was met by Wu Fans strong gaze, he cocked his head to the side and Wu Fan sighed.

“I said; can you give me that crayon over there?” Wu Fan said and pointed at the crayon that was on the other side of the table and Yixing leaned over and grabbed it before passing it to Wu Fan.

The boy started to color his picture and Yixing watched his left hand, that laid beside the paper. The hand clenched together into a tight fist and then relaxed. The veins on the top of the hand became slightly more visible when he clenched his hand and there were still some red spots on the hands from the day that Yixing saved him.

Wu Fan suddenly put down the crayon and got up from his seat. Yixing watched as the boy turned around and walked out of the common room and he sighed, watching the boy’s retreating back.

Then he looked down at the paper on the table and grabbed it with his fingertips and pulled it to himself and turned it over. Words were scribbled out onto the paper and Yixing scanned it before he started reading.

Dear Yixing
Thank you for saving me, but… I also hate you a little for doing it.
I wanted to die. I don’t want to be here.
I can’t understand why you saved me.
Why did you do it? Can’t you see how miserable I am?
I just wanted it to end, and for a second I thought it was.
I could see the gates to release.
I could almost touch the freedom.
And then I was back. Back in this gruesome world.
I am not needed?
Can’t you see that I need to die?
I am just a waste of space, I am no one.
Every night I try and go to sleep and if I fall asleep I have these horrible dreams.
Every single night.
I am in excruciating pain and I am screaming to be killed, screaming for freedom.
But every time I wake up in this horrible world.
I want to die.
I don’t want to be here
I need to die, I need to be anywhere but here
I am sorry Yixing.
I am so sorry…

Yixing felt tears sting in his eyes as his hands trembled and he re-read the letter. He sighed as a quiet sob left his lips and he stood up and that moment it all went dark and loud screeching noises erupted from the speakers in the halls.

Day 1479

-It's breaking my heart to look at Project Angelus' face. He's sad, because KR0611S has almost finished his tests. The other scientists want to use him to create an army of experiments with his same powers. Then they'll kill him.
I've seen so much sadness and anger in the subject's eyes… they don't deserve this. And P.A. too deserve to live his life, just like anybody else. We're stupid, we're just killing them… they're human, why we did that? They'll never be normal again. We destroyed so many families…
We deserve to die.

________

A/N: Last chapter! What do you think? I had a difficult time writitng these last chapter, something that you guys probably noticed but I finished it. 

Don't forget to read Yukotan's story Horizon which is the inspiration to this story! 

Thank you for sticking with me and maybe you could check out my other stories! I will also probably be starting another EXO fic that will hopefully be up after Christmas! :) Thank you again and see you somtime again!