Day Nine-hundred and Fifty

Experiment KR0611S

 

Wu Fan stood in the white room once again. His eyes staring straight at the wall and they were dull looking. He did not feel anything while the doctors looked over his body.

The wings that had started to break out from his back were now big and glowing. They were folded together behind him as he stood still and his breathing was deeper than normally. The wings were black as the night but still managed to glow.

The doctors noted down something on their clipboard as they glanced over at Wu Fan from time to time. They then went around and looked at him from the front. They had him wired to a machine by the corner and a man was standing by it, writing something out.

To the reaction of the machine Wu Fan’s wings flinched a bit before they slowly widened and stretched out in the room. They were open in the room and the doctors watched them closely, they were pitch black and they had that faint glowing on them.

“Okay, today we will be doing test number 674. We will find out if Experiment KR0611S can fly, if he will be a successful experiment.” One of the doctors said and turned to the man by the machine in the corner.

He nodded back and then turned to the machine. He typed in some digits on the machine and then turned toward Wu Fan. The five other men watched the tall man in the middle of the room.

The glowing increased and the whole of his body was now glowing in a metallic light. He began shaking a bit where he stood and the air in the room became colder and started to make its’ way around the room. The wind made Wu Fan’s rather long hair move around his face which was turned downwards.

The air started rush down at his legs, making the slight layer of dirt on the floor become a whirl of dust and he slowly started to rise in the air. Slowly, you could barely see it, he rose from the ground and his wings beat once and he rise up to a couple of feet above the ground.

The doctor turned to the man by the machine and nodded again and he typed in some digits once more and the boy lowered to the ground. He was set down on the ground and his wings retracted together.

The doctors smiled to each other and shook hands with the head doctor who had been working with Wu Fan all the time the boy had been there. The man by the machine pressed the digits and turned off the machine which tuned out it’s silent whirring in the room.

He and two other men in the room walked over to Wu Fan and retracted the cords that were attracted onto Wu Fan. The boy winced at they pulled out two cords out of his neck. He opened his eyes and stared straight at the doctors, he did not know what had happened, he couldn’t remember.

He felt his head start to spin and he tried to look at a spot on the wall to make the dizziness go away. His sight started to become hazy as his mind was spinning.

A doctor walked up to Wu Fan. “KR0611S? How are you feeling?” he asked.

The simple questions were barely heard by Wu Fan as the voice was muffled in his ears, as if the doctor had been in another room, and he shook his head to get it out. But that only made his head spin even more violently and his sight became even worse. He heard the doctor say something but he couldn’t grasp what he said before his mind went black and he fell down on the floor.

The boy crumbled towards the floor and two men caught him before he hit the floor and they lifted him up. The boy was limp in their arms as the doctor ordered them to take them to his room.

Day 950

-Our subject KR0611S floated in air! He is not a failure, he is a wonderful success. We will continue the tests and the experiments for a year or two. We need him perfect.