1. Intro

Experiment KR0611S

 

It was the year 3007. A fifteen year old boy lays in his bed, trying to get some sleep before he is forced to go out to the town not far away to work. His dark locks create a messy bundle of hair on his head and behind those closed eyelids are warm dark brown orbs. His name is Wu Fan and he shifts in his bed slightly.

Wu Fan sighed as he turned in bed again. He couldn’t get any sleep, he didn’t know why but he just didn’t seem to be able to sleep. He turner in his bed to face the door and he ran a hand through his hair before closing his eyes again. He heard his mother talk in the room beside him but he didn’t spend any time listening to her.

At some point he fell asleep and was woken up by his sister the next morning. “Wu Fan” she said quietly and he opened his eyes slowly, sitting up. The girl smiles a little and turns toward the door. “We have to go. Mother wants us to meet someone. She spoke about some kind of new job” she said and Wu Fan nodded silently.

He stood up from his bed, pulled on his clothes and ran a hand through his hair before walking into the kitchen. He looked at his mother who was avoiding both his and his sister’s gazes and Wu Fan furrowed his brows just a little bit.

“We have to go now” she mumbles and walks toward the door. Wu Fan’s sister kisses their grand-mothers cheek and then she follows their mother. Wu Fan kisses his grand-mothers forehead and the old lady takes his hand.

“Remember that Grand-mother is always with you” she says and Wu Fan nods. He then walks out the door of the house and runs to catch up with his mother and sister. He doesn’t question about the new job but he keeps thinking about what his grand-mother said. She never said something like that before and it bothered him just a little bit.

They arrived at the town and their mother keeps walking past their old job place. Wu Fan glances over at his sister who walks beside him and he shakes his head. They don’t stop until they come to the other side of town, it’s the run down part of the town, empty houses with a smell of death.

In front of them is a man standing beside his car, a white old van. The man just looks at the two youngsters and then he nods, opening the door to the back of the van. Their mother turns to them and smiles a little bit before taking them in a breath taking hug.

“I love you” she mumbles in their ears and they nod, telling her that they know. She then ushers them inside and Wu Fan climbs inside the van after his sister and they sit down on the floor. The man closes the door behind them and it becomes dark in the car. Outside the man takes out an envelope and hands it to the woman who thanks him with tears streaming down her face. She stays and looks as the man climbs into the driver’s seat and drives off. She can feel her heart breaking in her chest, yet she does nothing to stop it.

Wu Fan and his sister lean against the wall off the car as they get accustomed to the bouncing of the car and they can just stare into the darkness. There is only the sound of the motor roaring and the outside world. They don’t say anything during the whole trip and at some point the two off them fall into sleep.

They are woken up as the car jerks to a stop and soon the door is opened by the same man as earlier. He looks at them with a smile and tells to come outside and Wu Fan jumps out first before helping his sister outside. They look around the place where they have arrived. It’s a deserted courtyard surrounded by high walls with barbwire at the top.

Wu Fan shivers as he looks around and feels the cold wind brush past and two men in white robes walk towards them. One of them has a smile on their lips, his glasses resting on the bridge of his nose and his long dark hair pulled back in a ponytail. The other doesn’t look as happy and has dark red hair and is shorter than the other.

“Hello and welcome” says the man wearing glasses as they stop in front of Wu Fan and his sister. “I am ChaBum. This is my co-worker Joonmyeon.” He says, still with that smile on his lips. The shorter male nods and Wu Fan smiles a little and so does his sister.

“Let’s go inside” ChaBum says and the four of them walk over to a door and step inside. They enter a dark corridor with a few doors, five to be exact, and arrive at the other end after a long walk. They step inside through that door and are brought to a big room with a feeling of home. Food is placed on the table and Wu Fan can hear his own stomach make uproar at the sight and he bites his lip.

“You must be hungry, eat.” Joonmyeon says with a soft voice and a small barely evident smile and Wu Fan and his sister sit down to eat. They haven’t eaten a proper meal in months after their father died. They eat of the food on the table are happy, slightly wondering how their mother found such a place for them.

Joonmyeon and ChaBum studies the two youngsters as they eat. “We have to check their physical health tonight to see if they’re fit for the project” ChaBum mumbles and Joonmyeon nods unwillingly. He is barely older than the boy at the table and he doesn’t want to see the boy’s life getting ruined but he has no choice.

Being one of the most outstanding persons in his course in science got him into this position, using human lives in experiments was not what he had been thinking he would do when he studied but here he was. He had been forced down into this place and he had no way getting out any more, he knew too much apparently.

He sighed as he watched Wu Fan smile in content while saying something to his sister who smiled and nodded. They let them eat in peace and then sleep for a few hours before ChaBum woke them up and told them they’d need to come along. They once again walked down the corridor, but just halfway before entering the next hallway. This place seemed to be somewhat of a maze and Wu Fan looked around, trying to spot something that would be daylight but didn’t find it.

ChaBum opened another door and they walked inside to what looked like a doctor’s office and the siblings were ordered to sit down. They ran a few tests, checking the health of them. Blood pressure, heart rate, sugar level and body temperatures.

Joonmyeon wrote down something on his piece of paper in front of him as ChaBum took the newcomers to their new rooms where they would be kept for the time being. ChaBum came back and sat down across from Joonmyeon.

“He’s perfect.” ChaBum said and Joonmyeon nodded. “He is strong and I think he could endure the pain and the experiment. But we still have to make him stronger and do several tests, I think it will take two years before we can begin.” ChaBum says and Joonmyeon notes down everything.

They take out a new folder and put scribble down the information they know about Wu Fan and then Joonmyeon places the folder back at the shelf beside all the other folders.

'Subject KR0611S has arrived in the laboratories at the age of fifteen, in perfect state of health. His body is strong and it seems that he can endure with our project.

Our goal is to create something that has the strength and the powers of a dragon. If he will be able to fly, then we can consider that the experiments will have to end, since he will be a perfect result.

The experiments will begin two years after his arrival. First of all we need to make many tests and he need to increase his strength.

Subject KR0611S comes from a poor farmer family. Family members are mother, sister, grand-mother.

The subject and his sister were sold to us by his mother. The rest of the family did not know that.’