Time to die

The Train

XXX

The minute he stepped out onto the empty streets, it was like Luhan’s body was disintegrating from the afternoon heat.

“Oiihh…” Luhan rubbed his eyes at the sudden exposure.

“I shouldn’t stay outside or I’ll have a heat-.”

Luhan’s eyes shot open moments after saying this but closed again because the light was too overwhelming.

Luhan was squirming in his shoes. He could barely open his eyes. It was like he was trapped inside a light bulb.

He pushed the door open to go back in but what he saw was really…something.

He wasn’t back in the diner like he thought he’d be but in a rail-station. And a grand one at that.

“What the…?!” Luhan was ‘flabbergasted’ as his grandfather would say.

The place was freakishly clean except for the large wings drawn on the granite walls with blood.The fifty-meter high roof was made up of stained glass and the entire place was bordered with something silver.

“That’s platinum.” A voice said from behind Luhan, concluding his curiosity.

“The name’s Suho.”

He was in the same black hooded jacket with the silver chains loosely around his neck as the stranger from before but he had brown hair and he seemed shorter. And he also didn’t have the air of a demon-worshipping murderer.

“Ok. I probably had a heat- and you’re a figment of my dream where everyone looks like the killer from the diner.” Luhan was talking more to himself than to Suho. It seemed too real to be a dream and in a dream he would probably never say it was dream.

“Yeah…about that… turn around.”

Luhan turned around like he was told because his head was in too much of a mess to think for itself. What he saw made his heart stop.

It was the actual customer from before but that was not what shocked him.

Lying by his leg was…well, Luhan, dead, assuming from the way his eyes were just staring into empty space.

“What kind of sick joke is this?! He screamed at Suho, the more talkative of the two.

“We’re grim reapers and you’re dead so connect the dots.” Suho replied calmly.

“What do you mean I’m dead!?” the veins in Luhan’s eyes ere now showing.

“You see and follow a grim reaper; you’re dead within the hour.” Suho gave a small smile this time.

“Then why am I looking at myself, huh?”

“Aish. Enough with the questions.” Kris broke out.

Luhan felt two fingers on his shoulder and that was the last thing he heard before blacking out.

“So what do we do with him?”

“You should’ve thought of that before knocking him out, Kris.”

 

A distant whistle sounded and in a second the entire place was engulfed by steam. They both looked from Luhan’s soul to his body which was now being dragged along by Kris.

 

 

“He ain’t going to heaven or hell after seeing us.” Kris said. They somehow managed to remain completely emotionless throughout the entire conversation and the only facial expression that was given off between them was one of Suho’s sudden smiles.

 

“So…the Train, Suho?”

 

“The Train.”

 

And with that the two angels of death disappeared with Luhan’s soul into the ominous fog.