Secrecy under order...

The Train

 

 

In the living world…

 

2:50 pm

 

“You showed yourself to Luhan on purpose, didn’t you?” Tao asked. He had been following Kris around the city all day trying to get the answer.

 

“How do you know him? You don’t get on the Train. I and Suho are the only… ”

 

“Stop avoiding the question.”

 

Kris finally stopped and turned around.

 

“It’s how he was supposed to die.” He sighed.

 

 “What’s that supposed to mean? That kind of death is a taboo death.” Tao was now getting more and more impatient. Reapers weren’t capable of holding a grudge against humans. The only ones who experienced death like these were psychics.

 

“I don’t give the orders, Tao, I follow them and a full-fledged Reaper can’t sit back and judge the system like a rookie, like you!

 

The Reaper’s wrath made the glass windows in the department store shatter.

 

Tao was shaking. He had never seen Kris so frustrated.

 

“Please just go back. I can’t baby-sit you right now.” Kris rubbed his forehead. He had to kill the store manager by three that afternoon and an electrocution wasn’t as easy to stage as a .

 

“Don’t show yourself to anyone else, senior.” These were the last things that he said before vanishing, his signature neck chains being the last to disappear.

 

xxx

 

3:13 pm

 

People were now yelling, having discovered the body in the kitchen.

Everyone was gathered around it except for two individuals who kept their distance.

 

“Why didn’t you tell Tao about it?” Suho asked, keeping his eyes on an old man trying to close the manager’s eyes.

 

“He doesn’t need to know. It happened before him and it will come to end before he finds out.”

 

“You coddle the kid too much, Kris.”

 

“If it keeps him from having the same fate as Luhan then what’s the harm in that?”

 

“Are you asking me to keep my mouth shut ‘cause that’s gonna cost you”

 

“You’re under orders like the rest, Suho.” He said, slowly fading away like blown sand.

 

“It was just a joke, Kris.” He laughed but realized that there was no one around him to hear it.

 

Suho knew that he was left to take away the soul. Heaven or hell didn’t matter right now.

 

XXX

 

 

Author's note: This chapter hints a secret that only I and some of the characters know of. Find out what it is in the chapters updated.