You guys are killing me here!

The Train

The next few cars were completely empty like the one Luhan had woken up in but they looked different. The color of the ceiling and floor kept changing from blood red to just plain see-through. It made Luhan’s stomach lurch every time at the thought that he might go under the wheels.

 

“How do you get used to this?” Luhan asked, stopping every time he felt like he was floating in mid-air.

 

“Oh, this.” Baekhyun tapped his foot at the now red floor. “Just look up while you’re walking.”

“But it looks just like the bottom.” Luhan stopped again. By now, Baekhyun was already three feet ahead of him.

                                      

“Yo. Whaddup, newbie!”

 

Luhan instantly stepped backward at the new apparition.

He was six-feet tall like Kris but instead of a frown, he had a smile that spread from ear to ear. He also had frizzy hair and his chains were dangling from his waist.

 

 “Don’t do that.” Luhan said.

 

“Ai! Sorry. Baekhyun says I need to stop doing that.” Chanyeol held out a hand to Luhan.

 

“I’m Chanyeol a.k.a happy virus a.k.a score-keeper!”

 

“I’m Luhan.”

 

“And I’m waiting.” Baekhyun interrupted.

 

Chanyeol put his arms around Luhan, squeezing his shoulder.

“There’s a lot that you don’t know but I’m more than happy to teach you”

“I think I know enough.”

“Do you know you’re dead?”

“Yeah.”

“Do you know it’s because you saw reapers before your actual time came?”

“Yup.”

“You can’t know that…”

“I know all the basic stuff. Baekhyun told me.”

 

Chanyeol’s smile was still stuck to his face but his eyes were wide as if he just heard a scandal about himself.

 

“Hey, Bacon.”

 

 “What?”

Chanyeol flicked the shell of his friend’s ear and, with his bony fingers, it felt like a nail-gun shot.

 

“What the…Chanyeol, you jerk!” Baekhyun shouted, holding onto the right side of his head. His ear was now the same colour as the floor and roof.

 

“You’re an Undertaker, Baekhyun! Undertakers don’t explain. They dispose of the bodies!”

 

Luhan watched the two bicker for almost 5 minutes before he finally snapped and slapped them straight across the face.

 

“Ow! First him and now you?” Baekhyun said in amazement, now holding his cheek instead of his ear.

 

“Do you even see what you’re arguing about? ‘Who gets to tell the dead kid that he’s dead’. Honestly.”

 

Baekhyun crossed his arms and a smug look took over his face.

“I’ll apologize if he does.”

 

Both of them looked at Chanyeol.

 

He opened his mouth but it wasn’t an apology that came out.

“You got chutzpah, kid! I like you.” He laughed. “Oh yeah, and sorry.” He quickly added seeing the look on his best friend’s face.

 

“Me too.”

 

“Now, was that so hard?” Luhan said “Let’s go. The tour’s not finished, right? I didn’t live long so I wanna enjoy death to the fullest.”

 

“That’s the spirit, Luhan!” Chanyeol yelled.

 

Luhan turned to go to the next car but…

 

“Where did the door go?”

“What do you mean?” Baekhyun said, his face screwed up into a question mark.

“The door, with the hinges and knob and everything.”

“There never was one in the first place.” Chanyeol said this as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

“The Train can’t possibly end here.” Luhan was now tapping the place where the door should be.

“It doesn’t.”

“Then how am I supposed to get through?”

 

Chanyeol and Baekhyun looked at each other and then back at Luhan, smiling.

 

“Like this.”

 And with that, they effortlessly pushed him through the solid wall into the next car in the blink of an eye.

XXX